Building aluminum Cummins heads

If you put your hand in a 400 degree oven for a few seconds will you get burned if you put it in there for a long extended time at that temp and your going to get burned. Duramax guys have been running aluminum heads at egts just as hot as the cummins guys and don't melt the heads. So the simple answer is no it won't melt.

i wasnt really talkin about meltin jus seen a few pullin heads cracked between the valves....... but the ones i have seen had bigger valves put in stock head..... guess less material there more prone to crack?? but from wat i read they are gonna change up valve location anyways so may not matter was just thinkin aloud i guess

I appreciate the offer but I don't want to leave you stranded without a truck, I think I'll go with a set of cracked heads that are in someones way.

i havent driven the truck in over a year. im pretty sure both heads are cracked and im not going to replace them as the truck is supposed to get a cummins anyways.

Garrett

This head going to be made where a side draft manifold is included or go elsewhere for a manifold?

Only issue I recall was the 5.9cr head didn't play well with a 6.7 block. The oil holes for the rockers didn't jive. I think the 5.9CR gasket would cover the oil holes on the block. This was about a year ago so I am not 100% on that.

This head going to be made where a side draft manifold is included or go elsewhere for a manifold?

We'd build a good manifold:ft:

Here is some initial progress:

P1010161.jpg

P1010162.jpg

P1010163.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010165.jpg

Dave you want one of those 24V valve covers as well?:hehe: I have a few spares floating around. You want a 12v as well:rockwoot:

I want one of those 6.7L valve covers. It should add some awesome bling look with the air horn:rockwoot:

Dave you want one of those 24V valve covers as well?:hehe: I have a few spares floating around. You want a 12v as well:rockwoot:

I want one of those 6.7L valve covers. It should add some awesome bling look with the air horn:rockwoot:

Yeah man, send them off, pretty much anything you have laying around there that you would like machined you should just package up and send on over.

Dave, you may as well just come out to Airdrie, between Brett, Mike and myself, we could keep you pretty well stocked.

Yeah man, send them off, pretty much anything you have laying around there that you would like machined you should just package up and send on over.

I just shipped you a 12V block, you should have it next week...

tool steel please

just saying...

Dave, you may as well just come out to Airdrie, between Brett, Mike and myself, we could keep you pretty well stocked.

LOL, Dave would freeze as soon as the end of September got here. He is cold all the time even in the lower mainland, he is a southern cali sorta guy... :bang

At some point we are going to get you to make a billet gridle and mains for the 5.9L and 6.7L engines.

I do need valve train for that whizzy 12v head your building me. Roller rockers would the cat meow.

As for the cold, we just run 100% anti-freeze in our blood. At least your beer doesn't get warm...:Cheer:

I'll put together a CTD care package for ya tomorrow:rockwoot:. As for the 24v head and 6.7L engine, I see about making a trip out west.

At some point we are going to get you to make a billet gridle and mains for the 5.9L and 6.7L engines.

I do need valve train for that whizzy 12v head your building me. Roller rockers would the cat meow.

As for the cold, we just run 100% anti-freeze in our blood. At least your beer doesn't get warm...:Cheer:

I'll put together a CTD care package for ya tomorrow:rockwoot:. As for the 24v head and 6.7L engine, I see about making a trip out west.

The roller rockers have allready been made...

I just shipped you a 12V block, you should have it next week...

tool steel please

just saying...

Unless there is a 5 figure check along with it it sounds like you just send me a new coffee table for the shop office LOL
Or maybe something to get measurements from to make some girdles...

LOL, Dave would freeze as soon as the end of September got here. He is cold all the time even in the lower mainland, he is a southern cali sorta guy... :bang

Lol, SoCal is just where I am from, but really I can happily live in any climate that is warm and sunny all year 'round:lolly:

Im still waiting for one of these:
Welcome to Coates International Ltd.

That is interesting, I've been mulling that exact idea over for a couple years with a few friends, I didn't know someone was actually doing it yet!

When I visited Dvst8r when he was back in PG I found beer wasn't enough to keep me warm, however straight vodka seemed to work:rockwoot:

Looking forward to getting some more parts to prototype. I've got Joe from PDP sending me some OS valvetrain for your head, once I get it it should be pretty quick finishing up your head and machining your pistons.