Car built to SFI 25.2A Chassis Specification (PIC HEAVY)

man the starter aint gonna like that exhaust outlet when theyre in the left lane. watch the guy on the drivers right duck when it goes by..badass tho

right at face level tho? what about pieces flying out in the event of a...problem of some sort?

That's what I was thinking.

JJ (NHRDA tech) told me no regs on exhaust except it can't pass through the passenger compartment.

JJ didnt tell you that you can be DQ'ed for smoking the lights???

You cant be smokin out the lights....Common sence says it needs to be faced rearward and upward.

A simple 45 degree tip would help alot. But a rear exit stack would look better on that car, Blowing smoke in the other lane staright out is a saftey issue to whoever may be slower in the other lane...

Since they will be performing licensing and exhibition passes solo as of right now I don't see being DQ'ed as an issue...

A quick slip on 90 should take care of any issue if it arises.

i'd say a slip on 45* or 90* would easily fix that problem lol

seamed rather long burnouts..

dieselbeef, are you trying to stir the pot on this? Almost every post of yours in this thread is somewhat negative.

i'd say a slip on 45* or 90* would easily fix that problem lol

seamed rather long burnouts..

Maybe because the tires are new?

I'm not a racer so I don't know but I've heard some people say there's a coating or casing on brand new slicks that has to be burnt off before they start gripping at maximum.

most likely they got some new meat for the rear. Gotta get em real hot a few times to break them in nice like.

That track didn't look like it was prepped the best either.. I could see the need for a burnout like that, especially if they are trying to sort the chassis.

Yea, this truck is coming overseas to make a few passes. I think the exhaust will be ok. And common sense says common sense is spelled using the letter S twice!

That track didn't look like it was prepped the best either.. I could see the need for a burnout like that, especially if they are trying to sort the chassis.

the other lane had a bit of water on it too.

Before they were rained out I want to say it was launching 1.19 60' on a different track the night or day before

Wade your exhaust goes out at almost the same place doesn't it? Except its directed backwards slightly?

Wade your exhaust goes out at almost the same place doesn't it? Except its directed backwards slightly?

My exhaust is reaward and upward, You can see from my sig that it's not a issue of ours anylonger...were smokless.

Allthough i'd sure love to 60' .900 and .800 like i did when i was smokin the lights :lolly:

JJ didnt tell you that you can be DQ'ed for smoking the lights???

You cant be smokin out the lights....Common sence says it needs to be faced rearward and upward.

Please tell me what lights he's gonna smoke out with the exhaust moving upwards like that? Do you have even a little bit of a clue WTF you're talking about?

Greg, instead of giving these guys pointers maybe you should be asking for them. They put a running door car together from scratch in 2 months and you're several years into a rail that you just had to drop a motor in and plumb. Seems like they know how to get sh!t done...

My exhaust is reaward and upward, You can see from my sig that it's not a issue of ours anylonger...were smokless.

Have you ever tried to run without the bottle? Surely you spray a decent amount.

Yes i have, it does smoke more at low boost, but cleanes up after launch

Please tell me what lights he's gonna smoke out with the exhaust moving upwards like that? Do you have even a little bit of a clue WTF you're talking about?

Watch some of there vids... They smoked the lights in several of there vids. Just cause there exhaust is 1.5 feet above the lights and straight out dont mean that when loaded and staged the heavy smoke/soot wont fall, and congregate in that area. The wind and humidity can do funny things...

I know exactly what im talking about..I accually Race!

Last edited: