Car built to SFI 25.2A Chassis Specification (PIC HEAVY)

While I appreciate all the enthusiasm, I want to be sure everyone is clear on the team's intentions.

They want nothing more than to make solo exhibition time trials. This will require 6 licensing passes be made, 4 Friday and 2 full on Saturday.

They have completely changed the entire car from scratch so setup is crucial. While I am confident in their ability and the car grudge matches will only occur after licensing is complete, if the NHRDA allows it, if both teams agree, and if there is time Saturday.

Again I'm digging the excitement but the tension from a few uninvolved parties is unnecessary. They aren't coming because they think they are faster than anyone here, they are coming because they are immense diesel motorsports enthiusiasts and have only dreamed of lighting up the tree on a US track before this.

booorrrriing.

all that trouble for exhibition passes? why not let them wax some ass while they are here?

booorrrriing.

all that trouble for exhibition passes? why not let them wax some ass while they are here?

Those are the rules set before the team by the NHRDA.

If Michael is to pilot the car in competition the Thai driver will not be allowed to make any passes exhibition, licensing, or other.

I'm sure everyone can understand traveling around the world and not driving your own car would be even more fruitless.

I appreciate Michael and his willingness to drive and offer information and contacts during this endeavor.

Why in the world would the thai driver not be abl e to get lic? You can't lic. in a competition vehicle?

Those are the rules set before the team by the NHRDA.

If Michael is to pilot the car in competition the Thai driver will not be allowed to make any passes exhibition, licensing, or other.

I'm sure everyone can understand traveling around the world and not driving your own car would be even more fruitless.

I appreciate Michael and his willingness to drive and offer information and contacts during this endeavor.

WOW, that seems weird that they would not be able to make their licensing passes if someone else drives the truck at all!!! What if they want another driver who is licensed to help dial in the chassis before the certification/licensing passes??? That seems like an arbitrary and dumb ruling IMHO...

WOW, that seems weird that they would not be able to make their licensing passes if someone else drives the truck at all!!! What if they want another driver who is licensed to help dial in the chassis before the certification/licensing passes??? That seems like an arbitrary and dumb ruling IMHO...

I mean, it is an NHRA license after all..... Why is NHRDA playing such a hard line?

I agree. Kind of odd. Possibly to be fair to the other racers in the same class??

Extra passes in that one vehicle.

However its based on drivers rather than vehcile to be invited back to finals...

well maybe their exhibition classes will go smooth and a spur of the moment grudge match will occur

Garrett GTX turbine wheel exits after shaft broke this year. This is a real danger. The wheel cut through the exhaust and went straight up into the sky.

Max'd out has bolts in the down pipe even though it has a stack. I'll be doing the same on the car even though it has a straight up exhaust.

Last edited:
Garrett GTX turbine wheel exits after shaft broke this year. This is a real danger. The wheel cut through the exhaust and went straight up into the sky.

Max'd out has bolts in the down pipe even though it has a stack. I'll be doing the same on the car even though it has a straight up exhaust.

Wouldent happen had you been monitoring and regulating shaft speed and regulating boost/ and drive PSI accordingly.

Bolts wont fix tuner error from over boost/over speed, and can still throw zillions of tiny pieces into the air, best to fix the problem at it's source.....shaft speed.

We learned from TS last year. Not a problem since!

Last edited:
Couldn't be to preserve current records could it????:doh:

I don't know why, but it seems kinda weird to me!

So how does setting a record in exhibition compare to setting a record in test-n-tune? :poke::hehe: Just playin'. LOL

on a side note:

They were getting 8.5s out of the car a little squirrely on a wet track.

I should have the car in about a week :rockwoot:

on a side note:

They were getting 8.5s out of the car a little squirrely on a wet track.

I should have the car in about a week :rockwoot:

Sounds like they are going to have to dial it back to meet the chassis spec then... WOW!!! I hope they do well and wish I was going to be there to see/shoot it!!!

Wouldent happen had you been monitoring and regulating shaft speed and regulating boost/ and drive PSI accordingly.

Bolts wont fix tuner error from over boost/over speed, and can still throw zillions of tiny pieces into the air, best to fix the problem at it's source.....shaft speed.

We re learn this every day...

You're a dick.

Sounds like they are going to have to dial it back to meet the chassis spec then... WOW!!! I hope they do well and wish I was going to be there to see/shoot it!!!

They should make a 25.4 spec which is 7.5 and slower, hopefully everything will line up just right

I'm sure getting nervous about the big day LOL

I hope there are a few publications attending who are interested in featuring this truck. I think it would be great to see it in the pages of respected national media :rockwoot:

Last edited:
They should make a 25.4 spec which is 7.5 and slower, hopefully everything will line up just right

I'm sure getting nervous about the big day LOL

I hope there are a few publications attending who are interested in featuring this truck. I think it would be great to see it in the pages of respected national media :rockwoot:

I haven't talked to Kevin Wilson about the event, but I am sure he will have someone there to cover the event for Diesel World. Who knows it might even be Kevin himself. He has been to a lot of the major events this year already!!!

I haven't talked to Kevin Wilson about the event, but I am sure he will have someone there to cover the event for Diesel World. Who knows it might even be Kevin himself. He has been to a lot of the major events this year already!!!

good to hear! I hope to see a lot of positive towards the sport and these guys!

Racing is all about pushing the limits. Sometimes you take a chance, it is the nature of heads up racing.

Oh and we were still very close to 1:1 when that turbo let go, but it was still into overspeed, so just because you watch the boost and drive doesn't mean you can't overspeed a turbo.

The GenII promod contained our turbine wheel exactly as it was designed to when we blew apart our turbo this year in Edmonton.