Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

screw it, tech after the pull... who cares who the crowd thinks won?

take all the entry fees, put on a good show for the crowd, tech the money guys afterwards and hand out the cash to the guys who actually play by the rules

I really like this way. Tech the money only. But don't let them leave the arena, or if they are, make sure somebody watches them, or teched immediatley.

It's bad enough 2.8 bushes down to 2.6, let alone letting them run with the 2,8 and then sneaking the bushing back in before the tech official comes.

...2.6 is perfect and they are absolutely pull trucks only. forget the association of them being any kind of street vehicle. As for work stock, stock charger unmodified but it HAS to be teched appropriately, no hanging weight, traction bars allowed, bump stops allowed with 1" travel, thats the jist of it.

It is absolutely unrealistic (and probably impossible) to have a class where real trucks off the street can be competitive against purpose built trucks that meet every rule. It's just not gonna happen, at least not in this area (KY, OH, IN) especially in the 2.6 class and probably not even in the WS class either.

TECHING has GOT to be improved upon tho in a bad way!! Otherwise, it's ridiculous to have half the rules there are if they aren't regularly and thoroughly checked. There's enough loop holes in them as it is much less what someone can get away with if teching isn't tight.
Other than giving you a hard time, for giving me a hard time, about giving you a hard time, about... well, anyway I for the most part agree with the above post except for the hanging weights. I think weights should be allowed, but thats just me.
:stab:

A quick safety check pre pull, and performance tech the winners is the onl y way to go, if time is tight.

I do agree. Doesn't always happen that way though. Perferct worlds... do they exist?

1200+views in 24 hrs..WS and 2.6 popular class, eh?

NADM WS, no hanging weights, but I thinks its time to boot the weight BRACKETS, too.

NADM 2.6 is right where it belongs for the majority of the 2.6 trucks in the country, and no, 2.6 sneaking into WS is NOT the same as a 2.8 going to 2.6, or a 3.0/SS going to 2.8.

Can anyone tell us why?

Please do enlighten me... I have no clue what you're getting at.

I will admit one thing... The video of Bunker Hills NADM pull looked like what I think a 2.6" truck class should. Didn't see anything too wild in there.

OTHER associations and organizations though... Not so much.

I've seen Troy Wakeman... A damn 3.0 truck bush down and run the 2.6" class a few times. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE!?

and if someone would actually go back and look, the 2.6 class came to be from the 2.5 class. To have an equally competitive class (all makes and models have a reasonable chance to win each night) the dmax had to be able to run an aftermarket charger just like the dodges could/can otherwise they get tricked out chargers and mass vol of fuel and lay waste to all others with stock chargers that are 2.5" So then the 12V was clearly gonna start dominating this class once custom aftermarket chargers were allowed due to having so much more fuel available, hence the dual cp3 came to be. Then it became 2.6 so that people could run off the shelf 66mm chargers that were readily available as compared to an oddball sized 2.5" charger.

And there you have it, the history of the 2.6 class. LOL

EXACTLY! OFF THE FREAKING SHELF 2.6" Charger.

None of this stepped cover, or bushed BULL****!

----

Here...

Lemme ask you this Sledpuller... Since you've always acted like "the be all end all" in every one of these threads I've been in...

What are the guys with the hot street trucks supposed to do?

Can't compete in 2.6 because they...

A) Don't wanna spend the money to do so.
B) ACTUALLY STILL USE THEIR DAMN TRUCK FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR!

Can't run workstock because they are "cheating".

I just always get the attitude that you feel you are 100% correct and those of us with a different opinion are 100% wrong.

You are not even open to the debate... You just say this the way it is and its correct. We are just supposed to live with that because YOU say so.

Quit talking DOWN to everybody and explain your side of the debate. Not just tell us how it "is".

If the classes would lose all reference to everything but turbo size the biggest part of the debate goes away. The rules nor class title should have anything about street anywhere near them. Not Work, not Super, not Pro, not Outlaw, not shiat. It is what it is. Stock turbo, 2.6 turbo, 2.8 turbo, 3.0 turbo, etc. This should at least get all the references out the window and focus on the only true difference in the classes; turbo size. Protrusion is one of the only answers to the squabbles within those rules IMO. Just my $.02.

I think the WS turbo rule should allow the dodge and ford guys to run a charger comparable to the Dmax. Their is alot of size difference.

As Wesley stated earlier in this thread, in the work stock classes around here, you are allowed to use a stock turbo off say an '06 and still be legal. This definately puts some of the power back into the dodge arena but the common rail dodge guys have been making the best of the class around here.

If the classes would lose all reference to everything but turbo size the biggest part of the debate goes away. The rules nor class title should have anything about street anywhere near them. Not Work, not Super, not Pro, not Outlaw, not shiat. It is what it is. Stock turbo, 2.6 turbo, 2.8 turbo, 3.0 turbo, etc. This should at least get all the references out the window and focus on the only true difference in the classes; turbo size. Protrusion is one of the only answers to the squabbles within those rules IMO. Just my $.02.

Great idea... Still doesn't fix the problem of where the guy with the streetable 2.6 Turbo is supposed to go and still have a chance at winning.

100% agree!!!:thankyou2:

Says the guy with a freaking hood stack on his 2.6 truck.

Says the guy with a freaking hood stack on his 2.6 truck.

here in ohio these guys take thier pulling serious! from his list of mods. i know he's got a 2.6 turbo. b/c its the turbo im lookin at runnin. actually im pri gonna send him a pm to find out more about the turbo!

but any way, i've seen 600hp WS trucks haha, the way i see it if you can get away with it then do it, if you get caught try again at the next pull. and i think the only way you should not be able to pull in WS and 2.6 is if you win WS you better not win 2.6. but like i said around here the WS trucks are 500-600+ hp. and the 2.6 trucks are 700hp!

The association I am going to pull with changed the rules for this year. The street diesel class is allowed up to a 2.5" intake inducer and bushings are not allowed. They have a 2.55" plug that is used to check the turbo. The DMax turbos are 2.5" and this allows the other brands to run equally sized turbo. No front weights are allowed, but blocks and traction bars are allowed.

here in ohio these guys take thier pulling serious! from his list of mods. i know he's got a 2.6 turbo. b/c its the turbo im lookin at runnin. actually im pri gonna send him a pm to find out more about the turbo!

but any way, i've seen 600hp WS trucks haha, the way i see it if you can get away with it then do it, if you get caught try again at the next pull. and i think the only way you should not be able to pull in WS and 2.6 is if you win WS you better not win 2.6. but like i said around here the WS trucks are 500-600+ hp. and the 2.6 trucks are 700hp!

If you get caught try again?!!!! WTF?

So lets sum this up:

1) Someone cheated and got caught.
2) Some other people think its OK because "there is no place for a streetable 2.6 truck to pull and be competitive"

Here is how it is - there are a set of rules for a class - you build to those rules and go run the class - if you win - good job - if you didn't - don't go whine on the internet - fix your junk and go try again - but make sure you still fit the rules.

I don't understand why everyone is hooked on having a place to hook a "streetable" 2.6 truck. I street drove a 76mm charger on my PSD for a while - where should I hook that so I can get all warm and fuzzy and get a ribbon for winning? Is that the WS class too? I mean its a street truck that tows trailer and is used around the farm - its not fair that I go to a truck pull and get beat.

So lets sum this up:

1) Someone cheated and got caught.
2) Some other people think its OK because "there is no place for a streetable 2.6 truck to pull and be competitive"

Here is how it is - there are a set of rules for a class - you build to those rules and go run the class - if you win - good job - if you didn't - don't go whine on the internet - fix your junk and go try again - but make sure you still fit the rules.

I don't understand why everyone is hooked on having a place to hook a "streetable" 2.6 truck. I street drove a 76mm charger on my PSD for a while - where should I hook that so I can get all warm and fuzzy and get a ribbon for winning? Is that the WS class too? I mean its a street truck that tows trailer and is used around the farm - its not fair that I go to a truck pull and get beat.

i agree 100%
there is no work truck/pulling truck. its one or the other and the guys that have just a moded turbo that wana pull have to go in the 2.6 class. if its a stock turbo then your in ws. plain and simple. if we start lettin dodges change to newer turbos of the cr's then i'm sure the dmax ppl will start fussin. stock turbo. nuff said. and the bushing rules...only 1 class down here. you cant run a bushing in 2.6 around here. you can go from 3.2/3.0 to 2,8 but that is it. one thing is for sure you will never keep everybody happy but simple thing is go in the class your trucks turbo's legal for.

I want to start pulling and I look at the WS class cause I think that is a class that I can get into and at least make a good showing and have some fun. I was at the pull at Bunker Hill watching my friend in the Silver Dually that pulled before the "winner" in the vid. I look at the WS class and the way I saw his truck be tech'd in that they basically just looked to see if his charger said Holset on it and he was given the thumbs up.....he never pulled the intake tube off. So to me I can run any injector I want and pretty much any turbo I can find that says Holset on the cover. I want to get into this and do it a couple times a year but I would like to be competitive or close to the other guys in theory. I understand that if you make it stock turbo some trucks will have an advantage....well so be it. But this stepping down a class and bushing stuff makes guys like me think twice about putting my DD on the track as what chance will I have. Maybe I am way off base....if so let me know as I am one of the guys looking to get into this and I see WS as the class I would pull in and still be able to compete and use my truck as my DD.

pulling classes

i agree with the teching the money spots it will speed up the process tremendiosly. but there is a simple solution to the big money high horsepower debate.

ws: stock turbo, no weights no bracket no bars and if you cant pull the cover or don't want to for the money spot "grab your cleats and get to stepping" and thats for every class!!

2.6: what ever 2.65 plugged turbo you want to run!! no blocked suspension no bars (hard to put the big money 800+ hp to the ground w/o them) detune or jump to the 2.8. let the street trucks have this class back

2.8: whatever 2.85 plugged turbo. can hang weights and bars but no water!!!! if you need water injection step up to the 3.0

3.0/3.2 compound open drivetrain and water injection.

this would keep most of the money out and make guys either jump up or detune and be able to drive their truck and be smooth on power deliverly or they will break something everytime out in the 2.6.
in the 2.8 the water is a crutch for some that have the fuel and power to step up to the 3.0 class.

i might be way off base but its just my opinion but if it stays the same. just go out and pull and have fun no matter what.

or screw it if you can drive it in or check in a a remote location and then drive to the event have a run what ya brung "drove" class anything goes as long as its driven and teched. (i like this class idea):Cheer::rockwoot:

Great idea... Still doesn't fix the problem of where the guy with the streetable 2.6 Turbo is supposed to go and still have a chance at winning.

answer: no where that has competitive diesel truck pulling with structured classes.

Here's an idea, you tell me exactly the rules you think can be assembled that will keep a purpose built truck from entering and laying waste to any street driven truck also in the same class. I don't think you can do it short of a spec charger that everyone has to run and that's not feasible either since a charger that will do alright on a dodge, might not be so good on something else.

batter up

Where's the guy with the bone stock truck going to compete? The answer is, build your truck to meet the rules or stay in the bleachers.

The diesel pickup guys are the biggest cry babies of any pulling class, they think that the rules must accommodate their individual wants...you don't see a mod turbo tractor trying to sneak into the light limited turbo class without a turbo change...multiple class hooks without a turbo change must be ruled out. Each vehicle in the money needs tech immediately after the class.

Please do enlighten me... I have no clue what you're getting at.

I will admit one thing... The video of Bunker Hills NADM pull looked like what I think a 2.6" truck class should. Didn't see anything too wild in there.

OTHER associations and organizations though... Not so much.

I've seen Troy Wakeman... A damn 3.0 truck bush down and run the 2.6" class a few times. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE!?

EXACTLY! OFF THE FREAKING SHELF 2.6" Charger.

None of this stepped cover, or bushed BULL****!

----

Here...

Lemme ask you this Sledpuller... Since you've always acted like "the be all end all" in every one of these threads I've been in...

What are the guys with the hot street trucks supposed to do?

Can't compete in 2.6 because they...

A) Don't wanna spend the money to do so.
B) ACTUALLY STILL USE THEIR DAMN TRUCK FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR!

Can't run workstock because they are "cheating".

I just always get the attitude that you feel you are 100% correct and those of us with a different opinion are 100% wrong.

You are not even open to the debate... You just say this the way it is and its correct. We are just supposed to live with that because YOU say so.

Quit talking DOWN to everybody and explain your side of the debate. Not just tell us how it "is".

my charge ris off the shelf ????

for the guys that want to compete in 2.6 class stay in your brush pulls if you hate losing. Obviously if you come to a central ohio points pull for example your street truck will prob get 12th or worse. it a points pull. that means that almost every truck is meant to pull, its sole purpose is pulling.

Where's the guy with the bone stock truck going to compete? The answer is, build your truck to meet the rules or stay in the bleachers.

The diesel pickup guys are the biggest cry babies of any pulling class, they think that the rules must accommodate their individual wants...you don't see a mod turbo tractor trying to sneak into the light limited turbo class without a turbo change...multiple class hooks without a turbo change must be ruled out. Each vehicle in the money needs tech immediately after the class.

do you drive your pulling tractor on the street or still use it to run an auger? the answer is no. around here the tractors are allowed to run multiple classes and all they have to do is add or drop weight.

The 2.5 class we have works pretty well. No hanging weights and no traction bars or blocks. It really helps to equalize the higher horsepower trucks when they can't get the power to the ground or they start hopping and risk breaking. It's not perfect but it works well for us and still keeps the first timers interested and willing to put their truck on the track. For the complete rules breakdowns go to:
ISP - Rulebook

Back