Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

do you drive your pulling tractor on the street or still use it to run an auger? the answer is no. around here the tractors are allowed to run multiple classes and all they have to do is add or drop weight.

The 2.5 class we have works pretty well. No hanging weights and no traction bars or blocks. It really helps to equalize the higher horsepower trucks when they can't get the power to the ground or they start hopping and risk breaking. It's not perfect but it works well for us and still keeps the first timers interested and willing to put their truck on the track. For the complete rules breakdowns go to:
ISP - Rulebook

the problem with this reply is simple. Why is everyone *****ing about not being able to win in a sport. you should go try out for the new york yankees and when you dont make the cut you can ***** to them and say they should have a leaugue for people who suck ass at baseball... NO! like he said stay home and watch the game from tv!

Where's the guy with the bone stock truck going to compete? The answer is, build your truck to meet the rules or stay in the bleachers.

The diesel pickup guys are the biggest cry babies of any pulling class, they think that the rules must accommodate their individual wants...you don't see a mod turbo tractor trying to sneak into the light limited turbo class without a turbo change...multiple class hooks without a turbo change must be ruled out. Each vehicle in the money needs tech immediately after the class.

To your first question...personally I believe that there must be a entry level class that is very easy to get into, the modifications needed to compete are minimal, saftey is always a concern so this needs addressed.

Now, the 2nd part of your post. I agree with you 110%. I have never heard so much BS or seen so many changes of rules in a class than in these diesel classes. I am not sure about down there but I can tell you that up here...the gasser truck classes and the tractor classes are the same now as far as rule wise, as they where 10+ years ago with the only exception being saftey mods to make the the pulling vehicals safter.
Now, the diesel classes...seems like things are changing ever year and its come to the point that the classes are evolving just like the trucks are where in reality, the classes should not evolve...they should stay the same and the trucks can move up. We have a problem up here right now (my own personal opinion) that the "entry level" class has now turned into a full blown, trailer queen 2.8" class with the only difference between our trucks to whats in the Midwest is that they can't hang weight so they look like a "stock" truck! Young guys want to get into pulling and once they see the competition in this "entry level" class and they say screw that $hit...It would be like a kid joining Karate being a Yellow belt and then having to fight only black belt guys getting there ass kicked every fight...who in there right mind would do that!!!!!!!! In the end, they are just going to go home crying and will lose intrest real fast!

If we are not carefull, this is either going to become one of two things....
a "Rich Man's sport" (for all classes...not just the top class)
or
an "Old Man's Club" and in 2030, the only trucks in the class will be a handfull of 1994-2006 Dodge cummins trucks

the problem with this reply is simple. Why is everyone *****ing about not being able to win in a sport. you should go try out for the new york yankees and when you dont make the cut you can ***** to them and say they should have a leaugue for people who suck ass at baseball... NO! like he said stay home and watch the game from tv!

It's called T-Ball and thats where most 4-5 year olds get there start in baseball and then there are probably what...20 or so leagues they can work they way up thru before hitting the major league's.

Look at Drag racing....how many classes are there in between Jr.Dragster to Top Fuel Dragsters????

easy there hard charge......did you forget what keeps these sled pulls going and pays the sled rental? The people in the stands make this possible with the gate fees and concessions. Your reasoning doesn't make that much sense either. Nobody starts out in the majors just like nobody starts out in the mod class. There has to be a minor league to bring people in. This helps to grow our sport, or have you lost sight of that?

If you read in my last post, I do get out on the track and I don't expect to win every time. I do it because I love the rush I get. I could care less about winning nor do I want to invest the money to be at the top. Not everyone whines about the classes. I could care less as long as I've got a class to hook in.
Cheers

do you drive your pulling tractor on the street or still use it to run an auger? the answer is no. around here the tractors are allowed to run multiple classes and all they have to do is add or drop weight.

The 2.5 class we have works pretty well. No hanging weights and no traction bars or blocks. It really helps to equalize the higher horsepower trucks when they can't get the power to the ground or they start hopping and risk breaking. It's not perfect but it works well for us and still keeps the first timers interested and willing to put their truck on the track. For the complete rules breakdowns go to:
ISP - Rulebook

Your point is??? Trucks and tractors both have turbo based rules, which is how it needs to be.

:thankyou2:

The difference in the tractor classes the turbo has a locked in compressor side which would solve all the problems with the truck classes.

Your point is??? Trucks and tractors both have turbo based rules, which is how it needs to be.

:thankyou2:

I agree completely with the classes defined by turbo size. I believe I even said that in my posts.

This is the same old argument. I'll continue to pull in our stock class and have fun doing it. We have a pretty good class structure with lots of participation and guys that actually go to meetings to decide the rules not just whine about it on the internet.

Good luck to everyone this year! I'm going to get some Taco's
cheers

your loosing track that this is now a sport, we get paid to play not very good but we win money. did you get paid to play t-ball it was just for fun, so if your gonna make t-ball statements I hope you are pulling for fun and not *****ing. I was one of those guys *****ing last year that I had a true 600hp street truck that couldnt win, nor get top ten or make it down the track without coming apart. I spent money this winter and time to get my truck where im at. still not winning but atleast im not that guy thats *****ing anymore....lol

also I highly doubt that ws trucks and THEIR fans pay for our way. People come to see big trucks and tractors. smoke and more smoke.. hell some ws rules say no smoke..wtf... then stay home.

also I highly doubt that ws trucks and THEIR fans pay for our way. People come to see big trucks and tractors. smoke and more smoke.. hell some ws rules say no smoke..wtf... then stay home.

Who is the last to hook at your pulls? At ours it's the stock gasser's and stock diesel's and the stands are still full. If they didn't care about the lowest level truck classes, wouldn't they leave? That leads me to believe that people do care about the "stockers" so they do, in fact, help to pay your way.

Every region is different and I can only comment on the pulls I participate in but that is the way it is here.
cheers

in some pulls here we have a

STOCK: no smoke, excessive smoke is an auto DQ. no blocks, no bars, no nothin except tires........... which i like since it gives guys that dont have the cash a place to pull against guys of equal caliber.

WS: Stock appearing turbo no bushings doesnt say no covers tho. no wieghts, some allow blocks and bars some dont. but most do. no cut tires, regular hitch

2.6: basically the same as every other 2.6 around. just no spray, most say no bushings but dont say no race covers. so thats how guys up here get around it,

Who is the last to hook at your pulls? At ours it's the stock gasser's and stock diesel's and the stands are still full. If they didn't care about the lowest level truck classes, wouldn't they leave? That leads me to believe that people do care about the "stockers" so they do, in fact, help to pay your way.

Every region is different and I can only comment on the pulls I participate in but that is the way it is here.
cheers

here they 99% of the time pull diesels last. i was at a pull like a month ago that did diesels first. right after they were done half the ppl leave. and all the ones that gassers pull first most ppl show up real late haha b/c around here not too many ppl like the gassers or stock trucks.

cheers

Same here.. I think its because theres always a bunch of local guys that will enter the stock classes so the crowd stays to see them, even I enjoy a stock diesel class every now and then. IMO this whole deal will keep getting worse until something DRASTIC happens to the teching or the chargers are mandated$.02

Last edited:
your loosing track that this is now a sport, we get paid to play not very good but we win money. did you get paid to play t-ball it was just for fun, so if your gonna make t-ball statements I hope you are pulling for fun and not *****ing. I was one of those guys *****ing last year that I had a true 600hp street truck that couldnt win, nor get top ten or make it down the track without coming apart. I spent money this winter and time to get my truck where im at. still not winning but atleast im not that guy thats *****ing anymore....lol

Nope, never got paid to play T-ball and I am pretty sure Derek Jeter didn't get paid playing T-ball either...but you know what...it was, like most kids/young people...a way to get there foot in the door and figure out if baseball was the thing for them and if it was eventually maybe even get paid for it!

This is very much like Truck and Tractor pulling or any other sport for that mater. We need a way for young guys to get into it without spending $25K on just a motor to get into the only class avaliable for them and then realize, this truck pulling thing isn't for them!!!!

Im not sure where you are from Outlaw but I know in my area, the "local" class can be huge at times, has tons of people sitting in the stands wanting to see there son, brother, friend go down the track for nothing more than braging rights but the thing that pisses me off the most about the local diesel classes now is the saftey factor. If you look at a diesel truck, you can get more than 100 extra HP for less than 1K and you can get another couple hundred without spending more than 5K...try doing that with any gasser truck. What happens then is that there trucks making crazy power, no saftey equipment and no real teching of the trucks. It wouldn't take much for someone to come out, without a track official even looking at there truck, spooling up on the line, let out the clutch and have a clutch explosion (Just like the pictures Haisley Machine posted a month or two ago) and kill some innocent person in the stands!!!!
What I want to see is get rid of the local class up here all together, and have an actual entry level class that should allow trucks to put out an honest 400-500hp, have all the required saftey mods and let them actually be able to run the circuit with a bunch of other guys, have a good time, compete for points and most of all have fun! This comes back to my T-Ball point...I joined T-ball for the fun of it, make friends, and try something new and it deffinatly didn't break my parents bank account! this is how it should be....and who know's, a few years down the road, if you get hooked and want to try to run with the big boys then go for it!!! (this is where my brother and I are right now...so I know about working up the ranks!)

RyanB

I think we are arguing about two diff. things. Im arguing that the ws guys need to stop *****ing when they have to pull 2.6. we dont have ws which forces them to pull with us. if you have ws and 2.6 then I get your arguement about dropping down. I just cant understand why guys ***** when we have 2.6 3.0 and rwyb around here and they are like we have to pull with you guys in 2.6...

It's really a simple fix if you want a more streetable 2.6 class, make them drive the trucks to the pull.

Its not hard to unload a truck and drive it down the road. Theres a local pull around here that a few of the limited pro stock tractors 3x4 charger drive down the highway a few miles to the track so they dont have to load it up.

Who is the last to hook at your pulls? cheers

RWYB is our last class unless there is a chance of rain later in the day then its work stock:kick:Lets be honest....I truely think work stock is a great class for all new competitors....Every sport needs or has a entry class plain and simple....You will NEVER stop people from cheating or trying in any competition sport PLAIN AND SIMPLE.... And dude if you think people come to watch cheater stock/work stock then your just crazzzy:nail:
IMHO I think ALL of the classes are crazy to compete in!!! This is were the sport has gone!!!..and NO, I am not *****ing. I still love the sport. So if you can't afford to play and have fun then DON'T DO IT $.02

Last edited: