Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

A "stock" class will always have guys that will spend every dime they have to cheat...I've been around motorsports too long not to know that...

In work stock I can see running traction bars cause alot of street trucks use them to limit wheel hop, lifted 6-speed chevys are the worst...Bump stops should be allowed BUT you must have 2 inches of travel...But no added front weight of any type and no front weight brackets...Aftermarket bumpers are allowed but must be inspectable for added weight (i.e. tube pipe bumper with an opening so you can see it isnt full of lead)...

Personally I think 2.6 should be limited to either a S300 frame turbo or let them run S400's but they will have a limit on the total size of the intake and exhaust wheel, I have seen 100mm total diameter in some rules, also limit the exhaust exducer, 2.6x2.8 turbo would be a 66/71...This will keep out the 3.2 and 3.4 charger trucks that are changing wheels and covers and running 2.6, 2.8, 3.0, and unlimited...Keep the big turbos out and it will drop alot of the cost...

I guess this thread like all the others from the past regarding this same stuff shouldn't surprise me as much as it does. Its motorsports. The rules are not going to tell you how much you can or cannot spend. No matter what, somebody will stay in a class that nobody else but them thinks they should be in, spend a boatload of money and more than likely win. More power to them. As long as they fit the rules, there is no *****in to be done. THIS IS NOT STREET TRUCK DRIVING or STREET TRUCK TOWING ON DIRT. THIS IS SLED PULLING. Hence the fact that trucks are setup to pull. Must drive in the gate? No suspension stops? No traction bars? What a joke. The major limiting factor in a pulling class is the TURBO SIZE not its driveability, suspension, or traction.

This is all crazy. You vote on rules. You build to those rules. I'm sorry that somebody with a hot street truck can't put it on the pulling track and win first place everytime or even be competitive. Short of giving everybody a little trophy or ribbon or making a class for a blue 1989 dodge regular cab automatic with 235/75/16 BFGoodrich All Terrain tires and a headache rack, and a class for a silver 1997 ford crew cab with a 5 speed and a busted passenger side mirror, and a class for a.... (you get my drift) ...then not everybody will be a winner or even be competitive. Sorry. Life sucks. Put more money into it, enjoy pulling and not winning, or find another hobby.

your loosing track that this is now a sport, we get paid to play not very good but we win money. did you get paid to play t-ball it was just for fun, so if your gonna make t-ball statements I hope you are pulling for fun and not *****ing. I was one of those guys *****ing last year that I had a true 600hp street truck that couldnt win, nor get top ten or make it down the track without coming apart. I spent money this winter and time to get my truck where im at. still not winning but atleast im not that guy thats *****ing anymore....lol

Well said. Hats off to you for stepping up and building your truck for the class and not bit**in. If you did not build it to the limits of the class and and were still getting beat up on then its your fault right? If more guys did the same then there wouldn't even be a need for this thread. just saying

This is what is wrong about society today - I see at all these events that the little kids go to that they get participation ribbons so they feel good about themselves - this gives everyone this sense of entitlement - they deserve to get something every friday and saturday night.

Order up some participation ribbons Gene - everyone gets one after they go down the track.

Well said. Hats off to you for stepping up and building your truck for the class and not bit**in. If you did not build it to the limits of the class and and were still getting beat up on then its your fault right? If more guys did the same then there wouldn't even be a need for this thread. just saying

dead on. when i pulled against you guys last year i made no excuses or tried to run a stock class. just hooked it and went..had a blast doin it. :stab:

if you're pecker is so small that you gotta cheat to win the tiddler class, well then i suppose it sucks to be you.

I know of a certain Duramax with a stroker in WS and a sweet turbo thing should be in 2.6

Yeah there are 3.4 turbo's bushed to 2.6

I don't understand why everyone is hooked on having a place to hook a "streetable" 2.6 truck.

You can translate that to,"I need a loser class for MY truck so I can win somewhere...casue I dont want to work hard and be competitive like the guys in front of me.:hehe:"

Jason has proved himself more then enough with a Stroker none the less. He did his best to be competitive it was the Driveline he kept having problems with.

Face it rules need to be changed.

Now with swamps and there CR conversion coming out for the 7.3 watch out Dmax and Cummins guy's.

what about the Cheetah turbos and replica styles like the D66, are these alloyed? I can't see these being exactly legal but how can you check for em?

Most rules say the turbo must be stock appearing so Cheetah's and Danville's turbo's pass tech A LOT.

around here you start at your local fairs pulling stock for a ribbon...if you like it start building to the rules. If you dont want to get that into it stay at he fairs

Maybe its been said already but is running a 3.0 or 3.2 charger with a 2.6 or 2.8 cover on it cheating?

You want to fix it just make one change to the rules. If what you want is stock chargers then make it that way. If you want 2.6" to be that then just make it that way. A simple rule is that the compressor wheel must fit into the smallest bore diameter and that bore diameter is limited to 2.650"! Bushing or no bushing doesn't make a damn difference if the compressor wheel has to fit into the smallest bore.

Until the rules are written that way do not ***** about the guys fitting to what the rules say today!

Jason has proved himself more then enough with a Stroker none the less. He did his best to be competitive it was the Driveline he kept having problems with.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have learned ALOT about chassis setup and have access to almost double the amount of fuel out of a 7.3 HEUI injector now (per time not total volume :evil ). Going back and reviewing things I know there was major advances that could have been made to that chassis that would have helped tremendously. Someday I will break down and build another truck for that engine to drop into - there are days that I truly regret selling that chassis....

You want to fix it just make one change to the rules. If what you want is stock chargers then make it that way. If you want 2.6" to be that then just make it that way. A simple rule is that the compressor wheel must fit into the smallest bore diameter and that bore diameter is limited to 2.650"! Bushing or no bushing doesn't make a damn difference if the compressor wheel has to fit into the smallest bore.

Until the rules are written that way do not ***** about the guys fitting to what the rules say today!
That will not make a difference. Just add more $$ to the over all cost. Their already 2.6 chargers that have true 2.6 inducers that will fit into bore that have exducers over 110mm. You say no bushing than someone will just go and get a custom billet made. They are all ready out on the track.

. If what you want is stock chargers then make it that way. !

They you go boys, just write it down and it is so!!!

Steve you want to come tech a pull? I tell you what we'll start on something simple, you can take care of line up, and if you SURVIVE that, we'll work you into something a bit tougher.!!!:hehe::hehe:

90% of the posts on this thread are not about the issue of the original post. The guy was cheating, he wasnt taking advantage of a loose turbo rule. He tried to take advantage of a tech he didnt know. He lost.

what is worst a ht66 or a stock appearing 71mm cheeta,just saying. if you break up the classes by turbo size,you need detailed turbo rules inducer/exducer sizes etc. Teching would diffently suck, compressser wheel pretruding into the bore is a good start.

i don't understand all the b****ing about people wanting a ws class to compete in or a stock class. If you want entry level go to a small fair where the pull is not put on by a major origination and is not for points.

I pull a truck that is all stock other then a smarty and a clutch and i have no problem pulling in a 2.6 class. If i get up in the top half of the class then im happy because im doing it for the rush and realize that other trucks in the class should beat me.

Id you want to win then you have to be able to spend the money or do what you need to modify your truck to do it without cheating.

IMHO nobody competes in this sport to truly make money so just do it and have fun and quit b****ing!! nuf-said

That will not make a difference. Just add more $$ to the over all cost. Their already 2.6 chargers that have true 2.6 inducers that will fit into bore that have exducers over 110mm. You say no bushing than someone will just go and get a custom billet made. They are all ready out on the track.

If you limit the compressor wheel to fit into the bore you are going to limit what the compressor can make. Make the exducer as big as you want you will reach a point that it not only does not help it will hurt the performance. Then everyone will just buy that charger and the field is leveled. Look at the power Nascar is making with a limit plate. Just took the guys a few years and they had all the performance they had before so they reduce the limit plate more! It's racing and that's what racers do. If you limit the wheel to fit into the bore it does not matter if you use a bushing or not. They will only flow so much, now limit the bore only as it is now and you will flow much more, just the way it is. I would also like to see a competitive 2.6" truck that's cheap, that horse was let out of the barn long ago!