Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

Would making the work stock class 2.5 help, or do you think it would get WAY out of hand like 2.6 did?

It would work but limit it to a 2.5" stock appearing turbo for the truck it is on. There are upgrades (for the cummins) available to allow the guys that want to level the playing field..."stock appearing" turbo will limit how far it can go...2.5 no bushings will keep the 2.6 trucks out of the class.

sleddy you should make a dead line for teching

We do what we can with deadlines, but I have been on the other end of strict deadlines, and they suck.
Most times we close WS early, and work with the other classes, until they start.

Thats what i would like to see 2.5 in the WS and no dual CP3's no 13mm and put and RPM limit on the class! That should keep the playing field a lil equal!

But give it a few years and they will be allowing ag gov in the WS class

3200 or 3500 rpm would be a very good limit...where ever the highest stock reving engine goes. RPM would need to be part of tech, every time.

3200 or 3500 rpm would be a very good limit...where ever the highest stock reving engine goes. RPM would need to be part of tech, every time.

I could rev my stock 6.0 to 4500 RPMS with just a tuner. I would think a 4000 limit would work though. Just set the rev limter lower.

I will give the one guy the dually rule of if they cover 80% of the tire, but I would then ask that it also is added that you cannot run wider than a 235 on the rear of a dually as part of that rule.

Um i dont think i would ever free rev my truck for a tech, but most ppl can tell if the RPM are gettin up there! I would say make 4k or 4500 rpm the limit!

work stock

Put a 15 mph speed limit on them it works!! Keeps the big turbo's and over fueled out. Unless they want to run in first gear. Dq if too much smoke. We have got to have a entry level to keep the sport alive. ( THINK ABOUT It) $.02T)

Good lord. Y'all are over complicating the hell out of this.
I'm glad I pull in a class without too many rules and even less whiners.

if you make it 2.5... EVERYONE gets to run aftermarket chargers. It can't be stock dmax chargers vs. aftermarket chargers on everything else.

IMO, the WS is in good shape as-is just like 2.6. It's really competitive (around here anyways) and has plenty of participants (usually the largest class everywhere) and is relatively easy to get into. Have the top trucks found ways to make as much or more than street trucks running larger aftermarket chargers with their stocker, YEP! Still doesn't mean the street trucks with mod chargers need to be in the class!

People who hook their street truck need a reality check that they will likely be competitively pulling with their daily driver. The sooner that realization is met, the better off the crying will be. Why can't they just accept that they don't have the $$ to be competitive but still enjoy the sport? Don't get that. I suppose some people are just too competitive they can't stand to lose, even if they can't afford to win.

later

All these people b!tching and complaining about how the classes are either don't pull, or aren't in the class so they don't have anything to worry about anyway. Leave it like it is. The 2.6 guys love the competition and the crowd loves the show. Most of them don't know most of these trucks don't see the road anyway, although 95% of them wouldn't have a problem driving to the store for a loaf of bread.

All these people b!tching and complaining about how the classes are either don't pull, or aren't in the class so they don't have anything to worry about anyway. Leave it like it is. The 2.6 guys love the competition and the crowd loves the show. Most of them don't know most of these trucks don't see the road anyway, although 95% of them wouldn't have a problem driving to the store for a loaf of bread.

My 2.6 truck sees 60 miles round trip every day. our 2.6 rules are a little different. no dual cp3, no stepped covers, clipped wheels , no bushings a true 2.6 truck. With the right tuning a 2.6 truck is very streetable in the dmax world i live in. I also pull a 30 ft travel trailer, And yes i drive to every pull, in two years my truck has never seen a trailer, i hope it doesnt but it will im sure someday. There is no way a tech official can keep everbody in check
:thankyou2:

I think that the ws trucks should be teched with a 2.4" plug and nothing larger. I have seen about all make models and years of diesel pickup turbos, and most all 61mm at the biggest!

I think that the ws trucks should be teched with a 2.4" plug and nothing larger. I have seen about all make models and years of diesel pickup turbos, and most all 61mm at the biggest!

a stock duramax charger would be dq'd with a 2.4 plug.

ok ive been watching this for days now, i believe the only way to keep rules even is make the biggest stock turbo "plug" and that what everyone has to use. period. Ive said this for years, no bushing allowed. this makes trucks that apply to any class having to run that turbo in that class. But it also means that a duramax turbo isn't better than a stock 2nd gen dodge as far as air is involved. Just my opinion but it think the only way to make classes far is no bushings and turbo limited.. all the other rules are in place and this seems to be the biggest gray area people can minipulate to their advantage. It even happens out here in "stock" class. I run street which means I run against bs 2.8 or smaller. Fortunetly for me people out here dont pay attention to settup like they do back there so my little super b special is very competative. Ok go ahead and attack...

I agree totaly. Make the plug even with the dmax charger. They have the largest stock inlet out there. I also believe they flow alot more than a stock hx35 on the 2nd gen dodge.

:bang Hey lets put a 14mph limit on the workstock class too :bang

And the best thing organizations can do is drop the "street" designation for the 2.6 class. It gives people the wrong idea. I always like it when people get beat and then start throwing out stuff like "Yeah well my truck was the only real street truck out there". Who cares if it is? Its a good possibility that it may be. Fact is the object of truck pulling is to see who can pull the sled the farthest. Thats it. Not to see who can build the best all around truck. Thats what the DieselPower Challenge is for.

Back