Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

But 2.6 and Workstock has gotten to the point of no longer street driven which is what theese classes originally started at.

2.6 and strret truck shouldnt even be used in the same sentence anymore!

No that's for sure. That's what it originally started ass. 2.6 = the cheap man's mod class.

Well that can't even be said seeing guy's are supposedly building $100K
2.6 trucks. :bang

i dont get how a few guys in here say use a 2.5 plug, let every one but the dmax's upgrade thier turbo for WS. that makes no sence at all, since my LB7 turbo is smaller then the LLY's does that mean i can upgrade too?

no matter how you change the rules there will be ways to cheat turbo size, like the Danville 2.6 IHI for LB7's, the Cheeta turbos for the LLY,LBZ and LMM's, ones like the D66 for Powerstrokes and idk what cummins guys do but pri just put bigger wheels or covers on. and most techs around here really dont try to "measure" turbo size, they look and see if its really shiny or if its dirty and oil coverd.

Now, the 2nd part of your post. I agree with you 110%. I have never heard so much BS or seen so many changes of rules in a class than in these diesel classes. I am not sure about down there but I can tell you that up here...the gasser truck classes and the tractor classes are the same now as far as rule wise, as they where 10+ years ago with the only exception being saftey mods to make the the pulling vehicals safter.
Now, the diesel classes...seems like things are changing ever year and its come to the point that the classes are evolving just like the trucks are where in reality, the classes should not evolve...they should stay the same and the trucks can move up. We have a problem up here right now (my own personal opinion) that the "entry level" class has now turned into a full blown, trailer queen 2.8" class with the only difference between our trucks to whats in the Midwest is that they can't hang weight so they look like a "stock" truck! Young guys want to get into pulling and once they see the competition in this "entry level" class and they say screw that $hit...It would be like a kid joining Karate being a Yellow belt and then having to fight only black belt guys getting there ass kicked every fight...who in there right mind would do that!!!!!!!! In the end, they are just going to go home crying and will lose intrest real fast!

If we are not carefull, this is either going to become one of two things....
a "Rich Man's sport" (for all classes...not just the top class)
or
an "Old Man's Club" and in 2030, the only trucks in the class will be a handfull of 1994-2006 Dodge cummins trucks

I agree 100%,....i don't even pull but i do like to go out and watch and I am seeing a lot less trucks due to rule changes .......the way it is going there will be very few pullers left in our area

But 2.6 and Workstock has gotten to the point of no longer street driven which is what theese classes originally started at.

Nobody cares! NONE of these are street classes regardless of what they title them as. It is SLED PULLING.

I mean really, this is a sport like anything else. Smoke limit? Speed limit? This is not antique tractor pulling. It's like starting a basketball league and telling the players to play their hearts out, as long as you don't score over 25 points per team.

I would like to see a WS turn into a 2.5 class again. That leaves it open for everybody to upgrade. Sure Dmax chargers are bigger but they generally won't compete with an aftermarket charger of the same size. If it doesn't happen, I'm content with 2.6 for now. I just don't see why everybody thinks they need a class wrote specifically for their truck. Not everybody gets a little blue ribbon! Live with it or put up the $$$.

The cheata chargers are easily picked out, the stock wheel in a dmax charger looks like a clipped ex wheel that is like an 8 or 10 blade. The 2.6 cheata are a 6 or 7 blade. If it is suppose to be a unmodified turbo, shouldn't the intake wheel have the same number or fins?

I dont think anyone pays that closs attention to the WS class! Like i said make it a 2.5 class with an RPM limit and a few other things!

What if someone took a charger like an S465 and had a 2.4 bushing welded into the inlet??? It technically wouldnt be a bushing since it was welded into the inlet but would it still be fair???

What if someone took a charger like an S465 and had a 2.4 bushing welded into the inlet??? It technically wouldnt be a bushing since it was welded into the inlet but would it still be fair???

and THERE is EXACTLY why workstock does NOT need to be an inducer limit class but rather just stick to stock unmodified stock chargers.

A stock dmax has a 61mm intake wheel!
Really? I was told it was 64mm stock. I have a Danville charger with just a different wheel, (not upsized, direct replacement) and mark told me it was 64mm wheel.
Never measured one, but just going by what I was told.
I've also heard that if you pop off the intake you can tell by looking at them if it's an aftermarket wheel or not.

You want to fix it just make one change to the rules. If what you want is stock chargers then make it that way. If you want 2.6" to be that then just make it that way. A simple rule is that the compressor wheel must fit into the smallest bore diameter and that bore diameter is limited to 2.650"! Bushing or no bushing doesn't make a damn difference if the compressor wheel has to fit into the smallest bore.

Until the rules are written that way do not ***** about the guys fitting to what the rules say today!

X2, sooner or later they will figure this out.:st:

Really? I was told it was 64mm stock. I have a Danville charger with just a different wheel, (not upsized, direct replacement) and mark told me it was 64mm wheel.
Never measured one, but just going by what I was told.
I've also heard that if you pop off the intake you can tell by looking at them if it's an aftermarket wheel or not.

Ted is partly right. LB7 has a 61mm wheel, LLY is a 63.5mm wheel, LBZ & LMM's have 61mm.

I dont think anyone pays that closs attention to the WS class! Like i said make it a 2.5 class with an RPM limit and a few other things!

Only way around S400 is a housing limit size like what ever a HX/35 / S300 is say 8 in make it 8 1/2 then there other option is to put big clipped wheels in smaller housing witch would work to a point but they cant breath no were near as the S400/Gt42 stuff , thats about the only way to get the mid frame turbos out is to limit the physical size of the compressor housing , its pretty simple rule IMO, also to get around step cover or clipped wheels is to have a better bore inspection rule on how deep it should b , a good tech knowing what to look for can tech this in under 10 seconds or less

If people would not cheat, and would follow the rules, then I think allowing all stock unmodified turbo's, and true 2.4" aftermarket chargers would be nice. It would allow people to step up to a nice aftermarket 62mm charger, or run stock chargers.

I put a 3rd gen charger on mine so that if i ever want to pull work stock, I meet the rules while still having a little better charger than stock. Its aggrovating to see people trying to cheat when I went through a decent bit of trouble and fabricating just so I could meet the rules. I had an HX40 that didnt meet the rules even though it was only a 58mm comp side while my 3rd gen charger that is 60mm, and runs better can be ran.

I think its harder to enforce turbo's on this class than any because all the trucks have different stock turbo's.

Eric

Ok but no one has really answered what if someone take a s465 and welds a 2.4 bushing in???