Cole Dow 10.54

I am thinking the same thing as Cory, Harvey says the valves are super tuff though, could even just be an injector cause it's runnin about the same as it did when I had one of them go bad, don't think it's a piston cause there is absolutely no blowby.

Just curious....what do you think is hurt in the motor?

It'll be interesting to see what's going on with it when you take it apart. My money is on a valve seat. Hopefully no piston damage. I think with the laser cuts and more spray you'll be knocking on the door of the 9s! That seems to be when everybody else starts taking transmissions out though, hope yours does well. ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdkGFXLfpCI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdkGFXLfpCI[/ame]

Congrats Cole!

Here's a shot i got of Cole from testing last weekend at Sac...

p.jpg

Thanks everyone
Ya we made the cut, they picked 64 cars this time, lost first round by about a fender but it felt quiker then the 10.54 pass I just never got the time. I think the motor is hurt so I probably wouldn't have made the 2nd round anyways. Alex has a video from the top end so he'll post it up if he wakes up sometime today. Also thanks to Alex for all the help and thanks to Drake at TPD for lettin me use his shop Friday night to put a head gasket in it.
Anytime bro on using the shop I was stoked for you to be in pinks wish I could of got my trans figured out but hell there's always next year right!!!! congrats on the great times!!! Drake

Looks like it was a crowd favorite for sure, pretty cool stuff. What was the 1/8 mile e/t and trap and alot what was the 60ft on that 10.5 pass?

.026 light, 1.575 60', 6.702 at 104. We went to using the other stage cause we kept backfiring it so we kept it soft out of the hole, I want to get the 60 back into the mid to low 1.4's. Also the bottle pressure was way down at the end of each run so it was real weak on the top end only went 126 and I would put in a new bottle every pass, last weekend it held good pressure and went 131 It felt super strong on that pass when I went into 4th, almost felt like another stage came on.

Looks like it was a crowd favorite for sure, pretty cool stuff. What was the 1/8 mile e/t and trap and alot what was the 60ft on that 10.5 pass?

If you watch the video it seems like the spray comes on late even after you have gone to full throttle. Is there a way to make it come on even sooner? I know Cory bumped it up to 15% off of the line but it still seems like the 1st 10 to 15 feet there is nothing and then it hits. Or is it coming on at 15% and the 15% just not enough and it looks as if nothing is coming on until 10ft in?

If you watch the video it seems like the spray comes on late even after you have gone to full throttle. Is there a way to make it come on even sooner? I know Cory bumped it up to 15% off of the line but it still seems like the 1st 10 to 15 feet there is nothing and then it hits. Or is it coming on at 15% and the 15% just not enough and it looks as if nothing is coming on until 10ft in?

It comes on at full throttle, I am thinking it needs quite a bit more than 15% to make it as agressive as it was at 10% with the post-intercooler stage.

I would say that the pre-intercooler nitrous makes more power for the same amount of nitrous, just not as violent when it comes on. Just need to start dialing it up until the 60 foot times come back to where they were before with all the nitrous post-intercooler.

thats a bad ass ride you got there ! holy crap thats moving

It comes on at full throttle, I am thinking it needs quite a bit more than 15% to make it as agressive as it was at 10% with the post-intercooler stage.

I would say that the pre-intercooler nitrous makes more power for the same amount of nitrous, just not as violent when it comes on. Just need to start dialing it up until the 60 foot times come back to where they were before with all the nitrous post-intercooler.

Pre-intercooler? Correct me here if I'm off my rocker, but if your going to spray really cold nitrous before the intercooler and the intercooler becomes colder then ambient, wouldn't the outside air "warm it up", in in sense, the intercooler will operate backward of it's intended purpose and reduce it's effectiveness a good degree?