Cole Dow 10.54

not really Jason, the air coming from you turbo is the hottest so two things happen when you cool it there, first it becomes less dense so you get more volume coming out of the turbo easier, and second well obviously it cools it.. i used to make more power with smaller jets on pre cooler side..
cole sounds like its time for 2 bottles....

not really Jason, the air coming from you turbo is the hottest so two things happen when you cool it there, first it becomes less dense so you get more volume coming out of the turbo easier, and second well obviously it cools it.. i used to make more power with smaller jets on pre cooler side..
cole sounds like its time for 2 bottles....

hmmm, If the intercooler/air got colder then ambient before the inlet, one would assume it's going to warm up by the outlet. Physics. Weird stuff :)

Just looking at how the air moves around, I'd figure you'd use the free cooler ambient air first to cool things, then then nitrous right after that to cool the charge further. I wonder if it's a density + compacting the air in earlier in the process then afterwards that makes the turbo more efficient over all.

hmmm, If the intercooler/air got colder then ambient before the inlet, one would assume it's going to warm up by the outlet. Physics. Weird stuff :)

Just looking at how the air moves around, I'd figure you'd use the free cooler ambient air first to cool things, then then nitrous right after that to cool the charge further. I wonder if it's a density + compacting the air in earlier in the process then afterwards that makes the turbo more efficient over all.

Duuuur, you said that. My bad :) I didn't obviously read your entire post ;-)

i understand the thought about ambient temp but consider most nos systems are only functioning under full power meaning 50+ psi and or 500 or + discharge temp so my thought is that running the medium size jetting on that side isnt really getting it down or below ambient. Also consider that at that point it has a farther path to make a more complete and consistant mix. Also being that far away from combustion it makes for a softer hit..

i understand the thought about ambient temp but consider most nos systems are only functioning under full power meaning 50+ psi and or 500 or + discharge temp so my thought is that running the medium size jetting on that side isnt really getting it down or below ambient. Also consider that at that point it has a farther path to make a more complete and consistant mix. Also being that far away from combustion it makes for a softer hit..

I've never used nitrous, but I understand the pressure that's coming out of the nozzle. It's amazing that it doesn't cause compressor surge that close to the turbo.

I like your ideas, good food for thought. Thanks!

We run an air/water intercooler. The intercooler piping to the motor is cool to the touch after a run on fuel and cold to the touch after a run with nitrous.

get it fixed up quick so i have someone to pull against in hollister! j

Great job Cole! glad to see diesels being represented on national TV!

Great job! Was it a bellhousing (flexplate) shield they were asking for, or a transmission shield? Here is the relevant section from the NHRA rulebook:
CLUTCH, FLYWHEEL, FLYWHEEL SHIELD
Flywheel and clutch meeting SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 (two-disc
maximum) mandatory on any car running 11.49 (*7.35) or quicker.
Flywheel shield meeting SFI Spec 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, or 9.1 mandatory
on all cars running 11.49 (*7.35) or quicker. Cars with rotary
engines running 11.49 (*7.35) or quicker must be equipped with a
flywheel shield made of 1/4-inch-minimum-thickness steel plate
surrounding the bellhousing 360 degrees. See General Regulations
2:3, 2:5, 2:6, 2:10.
DRIVELINE
OEM production line all-wheel-drive vehicles permitted. Driveshaft
loop required on all cars running 13.99 (*8.59) or quicker and
utilizing slicks, except vehicles running 11.49 (*7.35) seconds or
slower equipped with street tires. See General Regulations 2:4.
REAR END
Aftermarket axles and axle-retention device mandatory on any car
running 10.99 (*6.99) or quicker or any car with locked differential.
Cars running 10.99 (*6.99) or quicker that weigh more than 2,000
pounds with independent rear suspension without upper and lower
(both) control arms must replace swing axle differential with
conventional differential housing assembly. (Example: 1963-1982
Corvette). Cars with independent rear suspension using upper and
lower (both) control arms may retain swing axle assembly
regardless of weight or e.t. Must have 360-degree, minimum
1-inch-wide by 1/4-inch-thick axle retention loop on each axle. See
General Regulations 2:11.
TRANSMISSION, Aftermarket Planetary
Transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 mandatory on any
supercharged or turbocharged vehicle, or any vehicle burning
methanol or nitrous oxide, running 9.99 seconds or quicker and equipped with aftermarket planetary transmission. See General
Regulations 2:12, 2:13.
TRANSMISSION, Automatic
Spring-loaded, positive reverse lockout device and functional
neutral safety switch mandatory. Transmission shield meeting SFI
Spec 4.1 mandatory on any car running 10.99 (*6.99) or quicker or
any car exceeding 135 mph. Automatic transmission flexplate
meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and flexplate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1
mandatory on cars running 9.99 (*6.39) or quicker or any car
exceeding 135 mph. See General Regulations 2:12, 2:14.

Great job! Was it a bellhousing (flexplate) shield they were asking for, or a transmission shield? Here is the relevant section from the NHRA rulebook:

Yes that was what it was. They also said something about the axles but the transmission bell housing was the main thing they kept looking at.

But to be honest making a person run in the 11.00 second bracket just because of this rule doesn't make sense either.

If I am reading the rules correctly all we need to run in the 10's is a transmission blanket and NOT a bellhousing or flexplate shield like the tech guy was telling us.

Also the aftermarket axles which I think is BS for our trucks with full-floating axles.

the axle part is bs, they dont consider floating axles.. cut the ends off your lug nuts so the stud protrude through and they wont know how to argue....

Ya I already have something figured out to take care of the axle part.

I just want to make sure that everything else is in order and we are not overlooking anything because it sucks to find out at the track by the tech guy.

you guys rock, you will get everything in order... good job

Sometimes when I am reading the NHRA rule book I have flashbacks to when I did my own taxes.