Comp 64 under ht4c compound build thread

Jordan Koehn

I love build threads so I'm gonna try make one. Truck has 80% over injectors with duel cp3's, 181/210 and a few other things.

My first turbo was a 64/71 14. Second was a billet Ed 66/74 .91. Third was a FI 72/83 .90. Then I tried a 80 wheel on the 72 and it was a surgy disaster. I finally gave up on singles.

I traded my 72 for a comp turbo 64/65 .7 and I had a ht4c laying around so here goes. I also got a 40 mm Jgs gate on the way.

The little cutie next to the big boy
y5evubar.jpg

e5ahy3yv.jpg

I wanted a side by side setup. The shock tower and my straight Steed aren't working very well together with the side by side idea. The cold pipe isn't gonna be elegant, so I'm open to ideas.

Mocked up on the living room floor

2evemery.jpg

More to come

Here's how I want to mount the primary.

y4u7u8a7.jpg

My plan now is to run the hotpipe under the secondary and the downpipe next to it.

ra8e5epe.jpg

The cold pipe is the dilemma. I don't know how to make it look good. If that shock tower wasn't in the way, I'd mount the ht4c lower so I'd have a better shot at the secondary inlet.

I like the build threads as well. Keep 'em coming.

You can take a flat piece of plate, drill 3 holes for mounting it, and another for the shock 'eye', and buy a different shock, and that will give you additional space, if the shock tower is such a PIA.

Yeah, kinda on a limited budget here. Someday a set of QA1 's will find there way on here but not now. And the primary was free and still tight so... Unless you wanna give me $800 for a s480!

Is that comp turbo a 0 trim turbine? Love the sound of big holsets so don't give up on that ht4c so easy. As for the piping I agree with WUnderwood remove the shock tower will make it way cleaner and nicer to work on.

I'm not sure what trim it is. I'll find out.

And holy shiiit those QA1 TD903's are expensive. They look like a great shock tho. Does anyone have a lower cost alternative? I could see spending that much on the back axle. I wonder if there's a $100 Bilstein somewhere that would work for shock deletes. I know I'm a tightwad.

Comp wheel is 83 x 113 or pretty close. Not sure on turbine side but it's a 26 cm divided ar. Supposed to flow 124 lbs/min. I think that's a lot of air to force through the secondarys 2.5 comp outlet.

Yeah its heavy. I need a mini crane to mock it up in the engine bay.

That little turbo is a sexy unit. I hope it performs like it's supposed to on paper. It spins crazy easy and is freaking tight. Basically no play. Ain't used to that after the 372.

On edit: One reason the holset looks so big is that the Comp Turbo is so tiny. I think it might be smaller than a S300. Everything is made out of aluminum besides the turbine housing and related parts.

Last edited:
I have a cfm intake elbow on here. I'm gonna sell it cause they're only rated to 60 psi.

I seen somewhere, either here or CF, that someone had some intake plates cut out with a water jet for a make your own intake elbow. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I figured I'd make my own with help from Columbia mandrel bends.

Here's an update and a disclaimer. I in no way consider myself a fabricator at least not in comparison to most of you. I'm more at Confederate diesel standards.

Here's my makeshift stand

ujesetep.jpg

Finally got the hot pipe done. Yall tell what you think. Too small? Too many bends? Too long? I don't know how yall that have built side by side setups kept the primary square and looking right.

ypunepes.jpg

na6ahusy.jpg

I still idk about the cold pipe. Would yall do v-band on the cold pipe or use boots?

My welder is a little Hobart flux cored unit so my plan is to get everything fabbed up then grind the welds down and take it to Huebels blacksmith in Victoria. He does very nice welds and for a great price.

I would get that in the truck like you have it.

Tclocking big turbo down, cut off outlet and weld on a cast 90.

Should get youa fairly strait shot at secondary.. I would slip fit and make it tight, but that's just me.

Tclocking big turbo down, cut off outlet and weld on a cast 90.

Are you reading my mind? That's precisely what I was going to try. Those 4.22 v-band hx60 flanges are freaking expensive. $50 for the flange and $40 for the clamp from Columbus diesel.

Under the hood pic. It just barely clears the hood. I had an o sh$t moment when I mounted it under there and started looking but it fits. Kinda like that big turbo under there :D

egysyhu2.jpg