Comp 64 under ht4c compound build thread

Here's some goodies that just arrived.

umagy3yd.jpg

And idk a 90 might just barely overshoot the secondary inlet. Does anyone know where to order cast elbows? Is it possible to weld billet aluminum to cast? Or just a thick mandrel bend, like 11 gauge?

Ebay....
You can cut each side down some and get it where you need it..

But that cover is not billet, it's cast as well.. They will weld fine

It all looks quite foreign to me so I will certainly have to ask you many questions about how and what you are doing everything here but I am interested and will be glad to see the progress on it! It was starting to look tight even with just the single in there!

Last edited:
It all looks quite foreign to me so I will certainly have to ask you many questions about how and what you are doing everything here but I am interested and will be glad to see the progress on it! It was starting to look tight even with just the single in there!

Hey, Matt. ^^^this guy may sound like a noob. Maybe with diesel but certainly not with gas engines and 72 Chevys in particular. :)

I want to throw the ht4c under a 364. I think under will be super tight

With this straight Steed it looked too tight for a over under setup. But I'd like to see what it looks like. I wanted a side by side for the aesthetics and an over under for primary spool up.

Do wastegate pipes need flex couplers? I'm not sure how to route mine with a 4' coupler in there. I have some 3/8 1.75 pipe I want to use.

y2ugu7u6.jpg

I'm at a loss. I thought about putting the gate on the bottom of the manifold but I'm not thrilled about that.

I would if you have room to, it's just a pain in the butt to get it just right, a Q-bellows will allow for a little movement.

Jim

With this straight Steed it looked too tight for a over under setup. But I'd like to see what it looks like. I wanted a side by side for the aesthetics and an over under for primary spool up.

I will be using an angled up one. There are a few people that have done. It

i just went through this. just take you time welding and it will be fine. my original set of twins were mounted solid to the external gate, and after 3 years there was no cracking.

I think I'm gonna have all the stuff to finish it up or get close this weekend besides getting something figured out for the air filter.

And jeepers, it's no wonder most compound turbo kits don't come with braided line for the oil drain. Freaking expensive for the inlet and drain lines. But I didn't want rubber or silicone drain lines....

I have a question about the turbo oil feed lines. Is a -4 big enough for a holset or does it need to be a - 6?

I did not realize - 4 was so small until I got them today. I'm using the M12x1.5 hole that the stock turbo uses for oil and the 1/8 npt on top for the comp turbo. - 10 for drains.