Comp 64 under ht4c compound build thread

I got my 1.15 housing today.

I also fixed the boots so they didn't blow off.
I now have 80 psi boost with around 90-100 drive. I guess that wastegate flows pretty good. My tune has 2800 us @ 25k psi rail pressure with II 80% injectors.

Would yall change out the housing and see what happens or return it? I think the drive pressure is accurate anyways. My gauge has been sticking on the way down a little bit.

I think i would keep it right there, unless it doesn't seem to breathe on the to end..

My valve cover gasket is leaking. Its seems to do it after a high boost run. I guess I have excessive crankcase pressure. What do i need to do to fix it?

Also I'm going to dyno it Saturday. I guess whether or not I install the 1.15 housing depends on how the curve looks.

Sent from my LG pad

My valve cover gasket is leaking. Its seems to do it after a high boost run. I guess I have excessive crankcase pressure. What do i need to do to fix it?

Also I'm going to dyno it Saturday. I guess whether or not I install the 1.15 housing depends on how the curve looks.

Sent from my LG pad

My gf's 06 does the same thing from the oil fill cap after a 75psi + boost run. I'm thinking about adding a large bulkhead into the back of the valve cover and run a second road draft tube out of it. Maybe put an oil seperator on it as well that would drain back into the crank case.

I was thinking about drilling a 1/2 hole in my valve cover or using one of the existing holes and running a hose from that to a homemade catch can then venting it to atmosphere.

Sent from my LG pad

Well apparently I didn't keep my foot in the throttle long enough when testing for drive pressure. Over 100 mph, drive still gets out of hand. Turning the regulator all the way in keeps the drive right at or a little over all the way to 120. Only 60-65 psi boost tho with 25 of that from the primary. I guess that means that the secondary is making around 30 -35 after compounding the primary boost?

I'm going to install the 1.15 secondary turbine housing tomorrow I guess.

Sent from my LG pad

Got a question for yall.

After much driving with the 1.15 housing, it appears I'm making 70 psi overall boost with 20 coming from the primary. Around 100 drive.

A compound tuning calc I found online tells me that my primary PR is 2.37 and my secondary PR is 2.45. I take it that's a good thing?

Does anyone think I should be getting more primary boost? It cleans up decent. I'm running 2800 us of duration out of II 180 injectors and 27 degrees of timing at the top end.

Sent from my LG pad

The gate is actually loosened up almost all the way. The next step would probably be to unhook the regulator all together.

Sent from my LG pad

Got a question for yall.

After much driving with the 1.15 housing, it appears I'm making 70 psi overall boost with 20 coming from the primary. Around 100 drive.

A compound tuning calc I found online tells me that my primary PR is 2.37 and my secondary PR is 2.45. I take it that's a good thing?

Does anyone think I should be getting more primary boost? It cleans up decent. I'm running 2800 us of duration out of II 180 injectors and 27 degrees of timing at the top end.

Sent from my LG pad

You want the PR ratio to be in the sweet spot for each turbo. The boost will be whatever it want's to be. I wouldn't worry about the boost pressure, pressure ratio's are more important.

I'd try wastegating even more. More bypass should lower drive pressure a little and increase the amount of boost being produced by the big atmosphere turbo. Putting a little more load on the big turbo by slowing down the smaller manifold turbo will also slow down the shaft speed of the big turbo and increase reliability. The slower shaft speed can equate to higher efficiency depending on the compressor map.

Well, I'll completely unhook the regulator and see what happens. I do wish I had got the 50 mm now.... especially since I have a nitrous bottle I'm dying to throw on. I'm also thinking I'll put a bit more fuel to It.

Sent from my LG pad

And I keep hearing that these little garret/comp turbos have a inefficient turbine wheel. Like it can't put out enough power to drive the compressor side like it needs to. Which I do wonder cause maybe I still don't understand how this all works but it seems like I'd have more than 21 psi out of the secondary with 100 drive if the turbine wheel was effective.

Sent from my LG pad

Did you mean to say 21 psi out of the primary? Or is the small turbo only making 21psi?

Yeah. The primary is making between 20-25 psi with 70 overall. According to the calc I found that means my secondary is putting 21 psi of boost. The pr's are 5.80 overall, 2.37 primary, 2.45 secondary. That's with 20 psi from the primary.

I think when I figured it with 25 from the primary, the secondary was making 16 psi. But I haven't seen 25 from the primary since I installed the bigger secondary turbine housing which doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my LG pad