Competition Diesel Invitational Drag Race May 17

LOL .... that's my sentiment every time I go to an event .

I made it to Baytown and back to NC after 13 passes...wheww !

Just don't think about it :charger:

I'll be there. Figured that since I can't make TS I'm gonna make this one.

So what hotel is everyone staying at? I'm getting ready to book one.

Okay here are a few Updates.

the Hotel everyone will want to be at is the Days Inn in Attalla. [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](256) 538-7861

Make sure you let them know you are in town for a drag race at Steele.
[/FONT]

Just reserved 2 rooms for saturday AND friday. :rockwoot: I'm assuming there's gonna be some pre-race festivities friday night? :poke:

Last edited:
Danny, there is open test n' tune at the track Friday night from 9pm to 1 am.... It is usually a party in and of itself.

Got rooms booked and finals end on the 15th and I can't think of a better way to unwind than an all weekend party. :D

apparently hotels aren't real close to the track. Most I've found are in Gadsden about 10 miles down the road for the track exit.

Tim correct me if I'm wrong but, there isn't much of anything at the exit from the interstate to the track ??

The last time I was at the track, there wasn't much at that exit.

This is shaping up to be a good one. We already have many vendors looking forward to the show, and I have been told by the teams we can expect Schied there (will they get that 200 mph or 6 second pass) Banks will be back looking to better their NADM record, Morrison will be there ready to go 1320 feet. Texas Diesel Power, the altered, and hopefully the Dr. Performance crew will be there too to round out a nice field of pro vehicles.

TS winner Garmon, Stuckey, TS, Davis, Evans, Spruill are planning on being there, and I even hear our old good Quick Diesel buddies from up north are making efforts to be here too.

Friday night we will hang at the track and pick on the gassers. Tim says this is a fun Friday night TNT for the track. It goes late, but spectator gates don't open till noon on Saturday so you can sleep it off. :Cheer:LOL

I'm gonna try and make it...a lot of work to do between now and then. Suspension, twins, ladder bars, maybe some spray. If I can get the twins on I'll hopefully be running QD!

We'll see what happens!
Chris

if it don't open till noon sat can we camp at the track friday night?

I'm pretty sure that will be okay as long as you have a trailer/motorhome. No tents or sleeping in the bed of a truck LOL

What if we have a tent in the back of the truck? Does that count as a mobile home? LOL

sounds like you need to buy a bumper dumpster!

i will try to find a link so you know what i am talking about.