Compound turbo build and other updates

I think it'll definitely spool slower mostly because of that undivided housing, but hopefully not as bad as the .88 LOL

I think it'll definitely spool slower mostly because of that undivided housing, but hopefully not as bad as the .88 LOL

Yea, I hope its not too bad. I can definitely see it spooling slower than a divided .7 housing. But it should flow better right? The ports on my old divided .7 t3 housing were pretty small. I can't see it being that much worse than the 351 cause I already have a t4 manifold with huge ports going to a undivided t4-t3 adapter. And it spools fine how it is now. But what do I know, I'm not a turbo engineerLOL

Last edited:
Just took the die grinder to a brand new turbo lol. Gasket matched the flange and hogged out the gate port quite a bit.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358642484.680144.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358642496.583118.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s

i cant wait to see someone use a 62/68/.84 as a secondary, that little billet wheel can handle some air.

Well it appears that with the way the turbo is clocked with my straight manifold the waste gate actuator is right smack in the way of the oil drain. So I'll have to relocate the bracket or build a spring gate I guess. Ic pipe might need to be modifyed too. Crap.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Well it appears that with the way the turbo is clocked with my straight manifold the waste gate actuator is right smack in the way of the oil drain. So I'll have to relocate the bracket or build a spring gate I guess. Ic pipe might need to be modifyed too. Crap.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Why not just make another oil drain?

Ok so finally got the turbo on, had to modify the wastegate actuator mount but everything else fit pretty good.
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

It spools a lot slower than the 351, but still better than the 66LOL. 20 psi or so at about 1750 rpm locked in OD. I'm pretty sure the gate is opening way to soon though and killing the secondary. At 40 psi total primary was at 20 and egt get toasty fast.

Blocked the gate line, big difference! Spools a bit faster, total boost around 80, 28 or so from the primary. But drive pressure went over 100 quick. egts are better, did some wot runs in OD and only hit 1500. HP might be up a bit.

I'm gonna put a boost controller or regulator or some something in the gate line and fiddle with the gate adjustment rod, hopefully I can the drive down and stuff.

Dang boots don't want to stay putLOL

i cant wait to see someone use a 62/68/.84 as a secondary, that little billet wheel can handle some air.

First quarter of this year if everything continues to go well and we are not strapped with more taxes from the biggest group of idiots to have ever graced politics.

Am I the only one that thinks the length of the hot pipe could possibly be a concern with primary on top twins? Could be off but it would seem the hot pipe should be kept as short as possible.