CP3 times 2

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
Who's running dual CP3's on their Dawge?:1tooth:

Should they be outlawed from pulling competition? Is their an advantage to this setup over the mighty P-pump? Maybe weight? What kind of bar psi does this tandem reach?:bigsmile:

I dont know of a dual setup on a CR. WE have seen 880 is on a singlr CP3 and spray. I dont think the dmaxes are close on a single yet

Ok so how about some more inf on this?
Isnt the CP3 the pump off the D Max?

And you are talking about running htem on a Dodge correct? so whats the advantage if any?
Anyone?

dan

Timbeaux38 said:
I dont know of a dual setup on a CR. WE have seen 880 is on a singlr CP3 and spray. I dont think the dmaxes are close on a single yet

The 2 fast Dmaxs aren't the best at dynoing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ppe just did 12.1 with a 100 degree day and their tuning and their dual cp3 kit.

RacinDuallie said:
Who's running dual CP3's on their Dawge?:1tooth:

Should they be outlawed from pulling competition? Is their an advantage to this setup over the mighty P-pump? Maybe weight? What kind of bar psi does this tandem reach?:bigsmile:
The advantage to twin CP3's isn't how much pressure it's they can maintain pressure. Stock dmax tuning will command 160 Mpa (23200psi). As an example one of the tunes I run will command 165 Mpa (23925 psi) but at the big end of the track actual pressure will drop to 144 Mpa (20300 psi) on a 12.7X #2 pass. The stock rail pressure sensor will read up to 180 Mpa (26100 psi) so I'm not sure what is possible. From what I've heard/seen twin Cp3's will maintain all the rail pressure you can handle.:ylsuper:

will the twin cp3s give n advantage over p pumps i doubt it time will tell.i guess we need to do flow research on what a modde p pump will flow versus a moded cp3 then on 2 nonmodded cp3s

Is it possible that you could stack 2 modded CP3's?

Absolutely!

There are a few out there who've already got em under hood. :ylsuper:

What I want to know is... How much does a stock CP3 flow? How much does a modded one flow? I haven't yet been able to get an answer to even the first one. Then most people clam up when you start probing about modded pumps.

Dude, I dont care how you did it, what does it flow? Keep your trade secrets, all that crap.

What does it flow stock?

What do modded pumps flow?

How are they flow tested? I think to be able to compair, one would have to know flow at a given standard pressure.

in a dual cp3 pump situation 2 stock pumps should be able to flow more than enough i mean if some can go around 700 by them selves i would imagine 2 would go 1000 easily.the modded cp3 i have is suposed to flow 33 percent more fuel than stock,i havent had time to test it completely yet but it does give me more flow

i have sold several of the modded cp3's and boy do they make some serious power, the ones from I.I flow about 70% more than stock, and there super cp3 flows 230% more than stock--------- thats just awesome :woohoo: and i have a customer with a d-max that just put his set on and he loves it, he said it feels very strong--i think that alone he said felt like a 100 more hp. :ylsuper:

zukgod1 said:
Ok so how about some more inf on this?
Isnt the CP3 the pump off the D Max?

And you are talking about running htem on a Dodge correct? so whats the advantage if any?
Anyone?

dan

The Dmax and the 3rd Gen HPCR Dodges use the same Bosch CP3 but I think a Dmax was the first to run duals, the second was run off a belt I believe.

Nick

The PPE dual fueler is run off a belt and its going on my truck very soon . Ill post about the install and results after !

Attachments

• online_crop1_small.jpg
    online_crop1_small.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
The dual cp3s are outlawed in some of the street pulling classes because it is not "stock appearing"
ATS now has them for the duramaxes and 6.0s.
The dodge guys haven't been going to the dual setups because they seem to be getting enough fuel with just a single right now.
As far as them being better than the p-pumps, they will need to get some more rpms out of them before they will really compete with the best p-pumped trucks. Dodge vs dodge that is. I don't think rpms are a real issue on the duramaxs and 6.0s. That is just speculation since I am a dodge guy.

the dual cp3s kick but, i use to pull my rail down to 17000 from 23000, now i am asking for 26000 and making 26100 for the whole 11 seconds down the track...

even with a large turbo and .150jet sise of nos it looks like a black out on the video, i just cannon see how the p-pumped trucks can make more, time will tell

Back