CP3 times 2

fredw said:
even with a large turbo and .150jet sise of nos it looks like a black out on the video, i just cannon see how the p-pumped trucks can make more, time will tell

uhh have you watched Eric Mcbride's dragster?? at 170+mph it blacks out the track and it has TONS of air running through it - I wanna see a twin Cp3 fuel like that!!

Lavon

Timbeaux38 said:
I dont know of a dual setup on a CR. WE have seen 880 is on a singlr CP3 and spray. I dont think the dmaxes are close on a single yet

Whatchu talkin bout Willis? Stock single on mine did 835 with still smoke to be cleaned up. I bet I could do 880. Once. ;)

I like driving mine everyday too much though to try it... :ylsuper:

I'm sorry Nug, I was not trying to down play your acomplishments by any stretch of the imagination. I think you could probably get REALLY close if not pass that # with the new huffer. I was just saying that the goats have all they need with one CP3 right now.

i just cannon see how the p-pumped trucks can make more, time will tell[/QUOTE]

There is a simple reason for this and this is why p-pumps still own(for now). On the bosch p-pump, the plungers and barrals can be changed from 11 to 17 mm. With each increase in plunger size fuel is added. The big pumps that I have seen are running 14mm plungers and they still have 3 more sizes to go(There are also different models of p pumps) So until cp3 equal that volume (1200 cc plus from some of the set-ups that I have seen and fuel is power) or until the now for 07 cp4(and future models)equal the flow of the p pump, they will own. :stab:

Richard

Muddying the waters further....

The CP3 provides rail pressure, right? How much fuel can the injectors themselves handle? Will they be the wall that is hit first?

You really can't compare just fuel flow rates or CC's in this case. Low pressure systems versus high pressure and the better atomization of HPCR skews a direct comparison.

Dumping fuel into it at stupid rates so it goes down the track pig dirty is going to become more and more a problem. Tracks and sponsors don't like it and it allows the average idiot in the stands to go "see I told you those are just dirty diesels".

HPCR will be the way of the future with equivalent or better power levels, IMHO.

higher PSI will yield cleaner and better atomization of fuel. The real issue will be the seals them selves . As we are going into uncharted territory with 26,000 psi and above on the rail.

Last edited:
I'gnt McNugget said:
Whatchu talkin bout Willis? Stock single on mine did 835 with still smoke to be cleaned up. I bet I could do 880. Once. ;)

I like driving mine everyday too much though to try it... :ylsuper:

You've got a yuppie two wheel drive, Brandon...You don't count...LOL

I'gnt McNugget said:
You really can't compare just fuel flow rates or CC's in this case. Low pressure systems versus high pressure and the better atomization of HPCR skews a direct comparison.

Dumping fuel into it at stupid rates so it goes down the track pig dirty is going to become more and more a problem. Tracks and sponsors don't like it and it allows the average idiot in the stands to go "see I told you those are just dirty diesels".

HPCR will be the way of the future with equivalent or better power levels, IMHO.

Can't argue with you on that one since we are comparing two differnet systems and why with bigger p pumps we start to use "smaller" injectoirs for atomization. But I am with you in saying that HPCR are the future and that mechanical injection will be dated soon. I love the simplicity of the mechanical trucks but I also like the fact that you can go from 400 to 700 hp in the flick of a few switches.:lolly: Whats happening with diesel today is what FI did for gassers 20 years ago.

Richard

I'm gonna have to side with the CR motor for one reason, control..

With the all electronic controls of the CR motor you can make it do things a P-pump can't like change timing drasticaly at mid track.

i can say this, with two cp3s pulling real hard down a track i can pull 3 lift pumps using a 1/2 inch supply line from the tank down to 4 psi from 15psi

one cp3 netted me a best of 540hp so two would be close to 1000hp to the wheels

now throw larger injectors in and it gotta be just stupid how much fuel is running threw them... time will tell

I dont think the math works that way....

fredw said:
i can say this, with two cp3s pulling real hard down a track i can pull 3 lift pumps using a 1/2 inch supply line from the tank down to 4 psi from 15psi

now throw larger injectors in and it gotta be just stupid how much fuel is running threw them... time will tell

........that's some funny stuff Fred. LOL

When the 44k mark is reached we will see some crazy stuff. :rockwoot:
There are plenty of system set-ups that exceed our 26,500 limit right now. With the advent of cleaner fuel and higher emission standards we should see good improvement in the CR systems.

Timbeaux38 said:
I dont think the math works that way....

Dam Ive been ripped ! :( I added all my mods up and it says I should have 2400 hp ! Know you say it ain't true ! :doh: Next thing your going to tell me there is no Santa Clause !:kick: ..........................LOL

fredw said:

Heck I would be at 1,318.6hp with two cp3's.:lolly:

Seriously tho, What kind of lift pumps are you running? I'm just running one cp3 but I have mine set at 42 psi and the most its ever pulled down to is 40psi. With two or a modded pump it would pull down more...

i run four kenedey lift pumps, when i use to run just one cp3 it pulled down to 11psi, now with two cp3s i can pull it down to 4psi....

i also found running anything more than 12psi with two cp3s at idle cause a loppy idle, Joe has seen the same on his shop truck

I'm a good little ways over the 26,106psi (commanded). We will have to get to the point that the lines pop to see what the limit is. Inject seem to be holdin up just fine for now. I run my pump upgrades on both pumps. Talk about quick spool with a big charger.

Last edited:
I thought you fellas had 6.6 V-8 Duramax trucks with a split rail?