CP3 times 2

Stock rails and one rail for each bank. 1 Dmax rail has about 13% more capacity that the 1 feed rail on the Dodge CR. How this will play out is yet to be seen. The more rails sure make it easier to add more pumps though. The Dmaxes will still have easy access to install another if needed (3). The difference in the P-pumps and the common rail HP pump is pressures for atomization (increasable) for a compleat fuel burn so it will never take as much fuel with the HPCR system. Thats the reason for less smoke at huge power levels. Alot more of the fuel in the chamber is being burned.

Found what I belive to be the hard limit on the pumps pressure capability (more testing to come). Now we will have to move in other directions. Pules widths, PROPERLY made injects (very important this one is).

what have you found to be the limit on rail PSI or component parts ! (seals ,lines) ???????????????/

C.A.P said:
what have you found to be the limit on rail PSI or component parts ! (seals ,lines) ???????????????/

I have been around a truck that runs well over 35,000psi...

35,000 or 40,000 eh? Not on a bosch piston pump they won't (I have a Cummins CR pump here too). The Dmax and the Cummins are the same design and capacity. Chris, talk to Tony. He will tell you what we've found.

Floor It said:
39,965 psi to be exact.

John

That's incredible... Its awesome that Flux injectors hold up to that as well.

Thats why I will be running both on my truck soon:Cheer:

I hope your right. I was disappointed with the limit I found from my own testing and data logging. Wonder why my (new) pumps won't go that high with the control we have? I know we dont have the ability to command that high with our computer systems, and thats for sure. What bench did you use for the test?

Last edited:
Any proof of this? I hope there is more to this. Where did you get the electric sensor to read that high? Not even the new ones on the Mecedes will read this high that I have found. l know what the limit is on the stock sensors which dosn't read that high on data formats.
Floor It. Are you from Floor It Diesel?

Last edited:
Any word on a dual CP3 for the CR ?? I know one guy at the diesel power challenge was starting on his

They are being tested at PPE as we speak. I wonder who will be the next to Xerox them?

I saw the PPE Dual Fueler on an 06 on Thursday. Looked like a clean install.

I will have special CompDiesel pricing on them when they hit the shelves.

Looks like the 39000+psi theory is just that. Further ACTUAL testing is taking place.

Says a lift pump isn't necessary but it could help? How about those fuel lines? Would not the smaller size (OEM) be of greater restriction? This may work with the Duramax due to the larger lines but I would think a lift pump or larger lines a necessary upgrade for a Dodge?