D-Max Nova

But none of those cars were making anywhere near 2200 ft-lbs of tq like the race vehicles being discussed here.

Honest question, does that matter for those units? I have no idea how they work so IDK how the increased tq would effect them.

I believe Larry Larson runs one with about 3000HP motor with twin 96mm hair dryers on a 620ci meth motor. just ran a 5.9XX last weekend.

If you look up Bolt-On Overdrive for the Hemi-Powered Super Bee! – Hot Rod Garage Ep. 7 on YT (not going to hijack thread by posting direct link) they explain it very well and how it works.

What is your 1st gear ratio? I google'd it and the stock ratio for a th400 is 2.48. You are leaving with a final of 7.19.

We were at 1.56x3.89=6.07. We went to a flashlight drag deal once and I left the 4.56 mud gears in. This was a 7.11 final. The thing shot out of the hole, but, I was outa gear at a little over 330'. I'd like to have known the 60' but they didn't have timers.

bcdeutsch731, that truck of yours is simply amazing so whatever it likes, keep feeding it. lol I mean going that quick at that weight, holly crap.

Thanks Bodacious!!
My first gear is a 2.10 like Jeff said.

I believe Larry Larson runs one with about 3000HP motor with twin 96mm hair dryers on a 620ci meth motor. just ran a 5.9XX last weekend.

If you look up Bolt-On Overdrive for the Hemi-Powered Super Bee! – Hot Rod Garage Ep. 7 on YT (not going to hijack thread by posting direct link) they explain it very well and how it works.
Closer to 4000hp. Top shelf pro line engine known to have capabilities to 5000hp.

The torque RPM range is a long hill on a gasser compared to the 2500rpm window we are making torque in. We've Delt with Rick Johnson of GV quite a bit. At SEMA he mentioned we were the cause of some of his updates, as we are killing things the gassers aren't. Our GV has the latest updates and I'm curious how it will hold up now. He did mention that most of the common failures are operator error.., forgetting to turn it off, putting the Trans in neutral coasting down ect.. I know somebody who is guilty of one in the past..

Added a few more parts to the pile. Racing on the 21st, better get busy..

0eed01b077b7f0ad5915ea7ce5a7a1f4.jpg

256782c96ab683705e27d668b7d8ea04.jpg

a1978cc98c91ebd818e241cb10d1009a.jpg

32887cd57a75b7613a77da8f28c4ca0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bow: OH my!!!! Where did you get the intake?

Not aiming to speakfor Russ but the intake is from HSP (they did the sexy triple turbos on brett's c10 if you've seen it) and russ is adding the intercooler part himself. Sick, huh?!?!

Not aiming to speakfor Russ but the intake is from HSP (they did the sexy triple turbos on brett's c10 if you've seen it) and russ is adding the intercooler part himself. Sick, huh?!?!

No prob buddy, I can't keep track of where I post most of the time lol. Even thought about not posting this type of stuff on the fourms anymore.

Yes the intake base and timing cover are from HSP, I went larger than normal with the core because I had more room than trucks. Still waiting on the CP3 adapters and fuel lines from HSP so I can get the fuel system done. Hoping to see the parts real soon. Closing shop all next week and the guys and I are busting ass to get her done for the NHRDA opener.

im pumped to see this thing at bakersfield...i saw it at redding and fell in love haha keep up the good work!

Looks great!!! I would love to see her in person... Any chance you'll be bringing it out this way to run at any of the ODSS events anytime soon?

Looks great!!! I would love to see her in person... Any chance you'll be bringing it out this way to run at any of the ODSS events anytime soon?

Pretty sure it got skipped off the wall at Woodburn and took some fairly significant body damage.

Damn such a bad azz build sorry to see this happen. I hope the repairs go easy if there is such a thing. Glad to see nobody got hurt.

Last edited: