D-Max Nova

Repairs are already under way, and should be back on the track shortly. The damage actually wasn't as bad as it looked. Shooting for a big local event on Aug 29th at Sacramento

Love how you guys never give up. Always keep going and rebuild. Don't forget Ponci's September 12th

Did something let go and put some fluid on the track? I hated to see that. Outstanding driving!!!

IIRC, Russ said is was a rear main seal issue. Idaho Rob was driving, and yeah....hell of a job keeping the car in one piece.

Pretty sure it got skipped off the wall at Woodburn and took some fairly significant body damage.

That's a bummer... I'm sure they'll have her rebuilt and running again soon. Hard to keep cars like this down for a long time...

Love how you guys never give up. Always keep going and rebuild. Don't forget Ponci's September 12th

She's all polished up and ready to go back together. Won't be making Ponci's though, I have my uncles funeral services Sat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looking good Russ! Glad to see you get her back together and stretch its legs out hopefully soon. You remove the Gearvendor now or did Rick beef it up some more?

Thanks,

Chris

Looking good Russ! Glad to see you get her back together and stretch its legs out hopefully soon. You remove the Gearvendor now or did Rick beef it up some more?

Thanks,

Chris

I haven't used it since Rick did the updates, I'd need to change the tail shaft housing and driveline length again. Right now the Nova goes through the traps at 4500rpm, so we still have room to play without the GV.

My new addition to the Dmax "Hot Rod" family.. We started this build from a pile of 4130, working one day a week, this is day seven.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
6265cb765616959a9f7b967bbaaf8f19.jpg

0452946828c7ca276ae3e3c55d2527fd.jpg

9b97b816aa226b4e7ad78897d3f33d5c.jpg

a77342ba5fcacb3e2ffb7067c75183c4.jpg

ace6a7ed2475fed5062e11e20c74b6ee.jpg

8d6bc03a171b799e6faf04bac2d136ef.jpg

22a65f17f42ccc13bcf3f20f83ab8592.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bow:Wow Russ looking awesome for day seven. Please send a few of those employees working on that my way please. :hehe:

Moving the XP5 into this chassis or ?

Chris

:bow:Wow Russ looking awesome for day seven. Please send a few of those employees working on that my way please. :hehe:

Moving the XP5 into this chassis or ?

Chris

Nope, the XP5 will stay in the Nova. I've got a lockup Quick Drive converter drive, titanium Bell, Chance Converter, Lenco setup going in the Camaro. Not bad progress for only two of us working haha, myself and Cole @ Dow Brothers have been kicking ass for sure. He's got the chassis table, and it's a 2.5hr drive from me. So we only thrash one day a week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nope, the XP5 will stay in the Nova. I've got a lockup Quick Drive converter drive, titanium Bell, Chance Converter, Lenco setup going in the Camaro. Not bad progress for only two of us working haha, myself and Cole @ Dow Brothers have been kicking ass for sure. He's got the chassis table, and it's a 2.5hr drive from me. So we only thrash one day a week.

Nice :evil!! That's the exact setup Im debating on using for another project of mine next I'll be watching closely :woohoo:! It's awsome what you two have accomplished already in a short time. Keep up the good work as usual.

Made it to ATP in Idaho to finally get the tune worked out in the Nova. Rob worked his magic on the rollers for a 1050hp base tune.
https://vimeo.com/163898796

The big tune was a 1450hp monster and chewed up the slicks pretty good, spinning on the rollers. Rail held perfect for this pull, and for the DA being right at 4K ft I was happy with the results. Huge thank you to Rob and the ATP crew

https://vimeo.com/163899011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk