Deranged The rebuild begins, at Texas Diesel Power!

pin.jpg

Holly rotating mass Batman!!! I figured you would use a lightweight fourwheeler or motorcycle rotor and caliper.... You snap a pinion and everybody better run for the hills with that thing flopping around. :badidea:

I have snapped 4 pinions launching the race truck and I know that I wouldnt want that rotor attached to the end of the drive shaft beating the chit out of the underneath of the truck, and most likely breaking the u-joint and shooting that heavy disk who knows where.. Not to rain on your parade but it might be something you want to think about for the people that are standing around you..... My2C :Cheer:

EDIT: Not sure if you were planning on running a shield around it to keep it from going anywhere and it wasnt in the picture or post...

Also remember if say you have a 3.75 gear you will have 3.75 percent more braking power with the same size rotor mounted on a pinion apposed to on the axle (if you only had one brake on the axle) It takes a lot less braking force on a pinion and therefore you can use a smaller lighter setup (better for drag racing anyway) Just rambling man... :Cheer:

Last edited:
What toolman said! The prostreet cr that relentless built had a small disc ( maybe off a four wheeler ) and it solved his issues.

It looks badass tho!

None on front...run one out back. It's another needed suspension tuning tool if you have a 4-link. How you set up and preload everything works miracles with 60' times.

Nothing wrong with a little overkill.
I wouldn't worry about rotating mass either...it's not like it's 3' in diameter with all the weight around the outside. It's tucked in tight...it'll be fine.

None on front...run one out back. It's another needed suspension tuning tool if you have a 4-link. How you set up and preload everything works miracles with 60' times.

You can do preload adjustments with the 4 link itself though? Not arguing it just trying to figure out the purpose.

Google it....you'll find hours and hours of reading on rear suspension theory and set-up.
In your truck...adding one will help with that top end moving around you love so much.

Last edited:
The person working on it hasn't had time to complete and test it...Tim needs a resolution now.

You can do preload adjustments with the 4 link itself though? Not arguing it just trying to figure out the purpose.

The anti roll bar was by far the best thing I ever made for the truck. I had MAJOR body roll coming out of the hole and walking around on the big end. Now it is forced to keep the body solid... Best thing since bacon :hehe:

Mmmmm bacon...

Doug was gonna test it some on his truck first...then Tim would have gotten one. Doug hasn't had time to complete it and the TS race is next week.
Waiting wasn't an option.

:poke: what happened to the trans brake :poke:

I didn't want to fry my tranny. Also, I am gunning for more than 1000 HP on this engine. Seeing what you did to your tranny at 706 I am glad I went this route.

photo.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Yeah, I will wear it proudly.

1.jpg

Also as far as the size, try fitting something in there smaller. Doesn't make sense, but there is NO room for anything smaller. As far as a sheild, yes, it has one.....er two. LOL

I see John Robinson got new stickers, now you got new stickers....I see how it is....

Oh yeah, one last one, with it painted....well most of it.

5-1.jpg

I want to say thanks to Joe, he did one hell of a Job, and at a hell of a great rate. that is Chromoly steel. Its a lot lighter than it looks, and for where it had to fit, nice job. Had a great time in his shop too, just hangin out and helping where i could.

so are you gonna hand brake the diff and use you foot to stop the truck?
or is that little guy gonna do it all?

Back