Did I miss something? VP UDC?

99GreenCummins

That guy....
Somebody on Facebook(yes I know, don't believe anything you see there) said UDC was available for VP trucks. Naturally I called bs and tried to back my facts up....then I get on smarty website and see that it will eventually be available for trucks as old as 1998.5.

Now I know there is nothing that will make hp trucks make big power and no great tuning is possible.

Or is it? Smarty hiding something? Or am I months behind on news?

Attachments

• IMG_20160810_204538.jpg
    IMG_20160810_204538.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2016-08-10-20-38-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-10-20-38-28.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
I believe Ivey said its available but let's be serious... The limits of a vp have long ago been tapped.

I believe Ivey said its available but let's be serious... The limits of a vp have long ago been tapped.

I accepted that a long time ago. I guess my surprise to this was them saying in the other smarty update thread that they were kind of done with any new VP development. Maybe it's just a different way of changing levels on a touch compared to the the old so3.

From what little reading I did, there's supposedly more control over the pump... With that said, you can only have so much control over a brick.

What's the max timing a vp can do? I forget..

I'm trying to remember if there is even anything by itself that takes it that high.

The ole Quadzilla Adrenaline's claimed to be able to advance timing a little beyond 26* as I recall, maybe even 28*.

It'd be nice to pull pre boost down more on mine, it smokes terrible below 10 psi with these injectors

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quadzilla has been working on low end fuel control. Seems to be far ahead of anything smarty has accomplished with vp trucks. The only way to get more timing from one of the vps that I have seen is modifying it. One of Mikes pumps or even Schieds.

Quad will never make an appearance on anything I own... Evva! Lol

I have similar feelings but for the ones that want on the fly power changes with responsive tuning changes.....quad is it.

I'll deal with the smoke for a long time before I try a quad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

From what little reading I did, there's supposedly more control over the pump... With that said, you can only have so much control over a brick.

HEY!!!! I like my brick.

I loved my quad. I edge comp was OKish. It worked well aside from the settings doing seemingly nothing between stock and kill.

I loved my quad. I edge comp was OKish. It worked well aside from the settings doing seemingly nothing between stock and kill.

Every quad I've been around is a jumpy unreliable.

Every quad equipped vp truck I've owned had none of the cumminsforum tunerz club characteristics the interwebs always mention. I guess I got lucky a couple times.

An edge or tst change just as easily.

Just relaying information. Since DAP acquired quad they have seemed to step their game up as far as "tuning". Sub system control of timing and fuel scaling. Moot point for me really as I have a ppump and will not go back to a vp lol