Diesel power challenge 2013

I was VERY surprised by this also, and the truck is a respected puller, so it's even more weird that he didn't make it, but the votes were what they were. I'm obviously partial to 12v trucks, hopefully next year one will make it!

What's the minimum Hp you believe is competitive for the challenge and not break during the challenge. I recently did 846hp uncorrected. My bottom end isn't built for 1000. Should it be built for 1000 plus before I enter?

Agreed. It's not even owned by the driver, which is openly admitted
anahuvy7.jpg

And David Kennedy told me on the phone "all registrations are checked in conjunction with drivers licensees for verification purposes " probably something else he made up though.

What's the minimum Hp you believe is competitive for the challenge and not break during the challenge. I recently did 846hp uncorrected. My bottom end isn't built for 1000. Should it be built for 1000 plus before I enter?

It's not always about hp, but manual trucks have a big disadvantage....8 out of the 10 trucks ran in the 11's in the quarter mile last year, which is tough to do with a manual trans....and it is hard to come back from a 9th or 10th place finish. Not impossible though! For the last two years, an 800-ish HP truck with a very good driver has won it. With the drag race changing to a Quick 8, it will take a very good truck/driver combo to win it.

And David Kennedy told me on the phone "all registrations are checked in conjunction with drivers licensees for verification purposes " probably something else he made up though.

jesus, thats no good. so i assume this truck doesnt belong to him? did the dually belong to jeremy pierce?

I don't think David Kennedy even works for Diesel Power anymore. If I remember right he went to work for another magazine for Source Interlink.

He still has to turn in the proof of registration and insurance, that should expose whats true.

He still has to turn in the proof of registration and insurance, that should expose whats true.

I agree with that for sure. I was just saying that he doesn't even work there anymore.

Thanks guys,I guess there is always next year,just gives me more time to build the twins on it that I planned to have done if I got into the challenge. :ft::ft:
Sick! Sounds good.

Jeeze! Hopefully they atleast picked this Shilo guy and he towed a damn trailer before. LOL @ last years driver for the CADP truck. Ridiculous none the less and hope they get thrown out once registration and that is in the mix. Who knows, you may get in after all Murdock.

I don't think David Kennedy even works for Diesel Power anymore. If I remember right he went to work for another magazine for Source Interlink.

I agree, Which is funny why he called me. "Sorry we ****ed you, but we made up this rule last night and umm you cant be in it now" pretty much how he sounded (not exact words) I have no shot at being in, thats fine. Just make it fair and square across the board.

I agree, Which is funny why he called me. "Sorry we ****ed you, but we made up this rule last night and umm you cant be in it now" pretty much how he sounded (not exact words) I have no shot at being in, thats fine. Just make it fair and square across the board.

Maybe you should ask them if you need to talk to Suncoast about pulling their advertising so you can compete... :bang

The whole thing sounds pretty dumb if you ask me. If I were you, I'd be upset too.

Myself and many others voted for Andrew!

I'm pissed because if they would have told Andrew before even putting the voting in the magazine would I have gotten in?

If they didn't have last minute rules what trucks would be in and what other trucks would have been in the voting?

I would have liked to the 12v in there but happy Woosley got in this year.

And I hate to pull for a ford but Matthew Doyle lives real close. Hard not to pull for a local.

Congrats to those who got in.

I would have liked to the 12v in there but happy Woosley got in this year.

And I hate to pull for a ford but Matthew Doyle lives real close. Hard not to pull for a local.

Congrats to those who got in.

Ill say thank you!