Diesel Powered Rails

First of all, you chastised me for having, as you say " ridiculous posts" Well, I don't really see any validity in that. But, what I do notice is there's
a lot of similarities between our diesel interests and puppetry. So, I think it's important for us to consider theses commonalties when respectfully corresponding. Dale Carnegie once said "the best testimony is from the person who experienced it" Puppet culture can be vary strong and meaningful if applied correctly.

A friend of mine (abide puppet lover) frequently fishes w/ his shock puppet. About a year ago he was fishing in the Kenai river (Alaska) a LARGE brown bear approached him. Equip with his hand puppet, he quickly reaches down in to the dirt and rubs two lines across the top of his sock puppet then raises his hand and begins growling. The bear suddenly stops, turns and runs away. Now, as you know, a bears eye sight is poor, so, it's obviously the bear thought he was confronting an Artic circle tundra prairie Badger.

No one knows where puppetry first began, most scholars seem to agree that puppetry as an art form started in China beginning with shadow puppets.
However, that is only one particular kind of puppet. Puppetry has existed in many other countries long before the introduction of shadow puppets in the Chinese theater.

Man has always been interested in creating and controlling other worlds, as well as in trying to define his own. Puppetry can be considered as an extension of one's self. It may be inspired by the need to explain, explore, embrace or critique the human condition of expression. It's still one of the safest ways to act out, act up, entertain, educate, commiserate or wonder out loud. Unburdening yourself and releasing your feelings aligns your spirit. Personally, I have used a faceless hand puppet along with story telling to fulfill my need to see the good guys win and justice done. It has always been both a sword and a shield to me. It is my armor in a world of frustrations. I'm sending you a sock and a permanent marker, Don't be judgmental about this and keep in mind that a couple of eye balls complimented with a high pitched voice might place a smile on your face. :cheer:

HA! Perfectly well said. If the nail was only a few micron wide, you are one of the few that can manage to find it and hit it!.

The PowergGlide / GearVendors combo has been a staple in top dragster for quite a long time. I guessed the first one I had ever seen was over 10 years ago. I have run a GearVendors unit in Project X Diesel for the last two years with zero problems. This is a primary reason that our MPH went from 115 to 129 with little change to the engine. The winner of Drag week overall was running a a GearVendors /THM400 combo with close to 2800 hp and 2500 fpt without any problems. The Coan PowergGlide that I am running is a 1.80 1.25 diameter input shaft, with a turbo 400 output shaft. This is essential in making this combination reliable at the 1250 hp level.
The biggest problem is that once you start making power up high, the flat torque curves of a diesel fool the convertor is to stalling higher, this is a primary reason that a the correct convertor will not fit in a stock style bell housing , this is a the reason for the Browell Bell housing

Thanks Michael, great to hear someone able to hold some power with a tranny simular to what i had built. I to would have loved to start with the high dollar str8 cut 1.80's but to much for me right now, ive built this entire project in about 5-6 weeks Entirly out of my hip poket and i had to sqimp in very few places. Im not going to be running near the power as most of the fast guys, more prob. like a really hot street setup. Id like to be in the 650-750 range. I talked to the tranny guy today and he had the 1.82's out and cleaning up a set of 1.76's to replace them with. I decided to do this Before they failed after all the good advise. The convertor is sent out being reworked and hopfully will come back much closer to right this time, even 2k will be fine with me and many people would prob. say is not enough? I just want it to pull good down low and not run right through the convertor as before. Any other suggestions for the tranny guy while its there?? Thanks guys. Ryan