Diesel Television airs their first show on April 26th on Fox Sports Net

See and I disagree. I think that the guy sitting at home watching the stock truck with a chip will sit there and go, Hey I have exact set-up, why can't I do that. Yes, I will give credit where credit is due, Rob and Graydon and all those big guys are awesome to watch and make for great TV, but personally I'd like to see some of the smaller guys, not all, but more then there was, and definitely more interviews from them. I mean heck, they are the ones that make the races possible.

I guess I am some how losing my point in the translation. I am not saying slower runs or the average daily driver makes for poor television. I do not care if they run 18's or 12's it can be some damn good racing. My point is it's not good TV to see a bunch of races with one guy beating the other by .5 to 1+ seconds in a bracket race. I totally agree with talking to the smaller guys more and showing more of them.

I will see all of you boys in Redding. Hopefully my truck will be put back together with all the new parts that were supposed to be on in March.

:tree: Go on GREEN, Right?

I will see all of you boys in Redding. Hopefully my truck will be put back together with all the new parts that were supposed to be on in March.

:tree: Go on GREEN, Right?

actualy no..go on green and your done before the 60ft mark........:poke:

The problem with bracket racing as a spectator sport, is that nobody (besides people that bracket race) understand how it works. It doesn't matter if people run .5 off their dial, or cut bad lights. From a diesel racing perspective, people are going to root for the pickup that is the same make as the one they own. It doesn't matter how it wins, just that it does.

The whole point of bracket racing is to get as many people out racing as possible. Anybody, no matter what they drive has a chance to be competitive, and to win.

Paul

I believe the original field was about 20 trucks

I could be wrong, but i thought super diesel had 26 qualified trucks in phoenix......but i could be wrong.

I think the show was good and after hearing Randy, Big Don, and everyone else discuss it prior to Texas i think the next show will be awesome with everything just improving each race. Its a great thing to be involved with and I'm really proud to be a small part of it behind the scenes!!! Hopefully this puts diesel motorsports on the map, gets people who don't even know its out there interested, and increases the amount of spectators, competitors, and sponsors for all of the racers and organizations involved!! A big congrats and pat on the back for Randy Cole for sticking his neck out there and going this far with it all!!:clap:

Last edited:
Well I saw it tonight and thought it was great, nice to see a Diesel racing on TV for a change.

Mikaela, I dont think the metal makes a bit of difference.

Poor Tyler, looked like he was about to jump out of his skin talking to you.

she_strokes04, you did great. The show it self was very very very well done considering it's the first time.

she_strokes04, you did great. The show it self was very very very well done considering it's the first time.

I wont be able to see it until June, or is gets put on the web. But that is refreshing coming from such a cynic.

Mikela has metal on her face? Mikela has a face...........? Just kidding. You did an excellent job. Hope to be interviewed in the winners circle at every race. Maybe I'll get it down by the last race.

Sorry Mikela but that was funny.......:clap:

I had a couple of spare minutes and started watching it. I didn't get to your interview but I did bust out laughing when I saw the guy with the backwards hat. Funny how your little piercing was commented on but the backwards hat wasn't brought up. I haven't attended an event back east so maybe backwards hats, pants at the knees, and underwear up under the armpits are in style. "What up dude"? "Hey bro, got any idea which camera we should look at?:hehe:
But damn those sleezy facial piercings. :hehe:

I had a couple of spare minutes and started watching it. I didn't get to your interview but I did bust out laughing when I saw the guy with the backwards hat. Funny how your little piercing was commented on but the backwards hat wasn't brought up. I haven't attended an event back east so maybe backwards hats, pants at the knees, and underwear up under the armpits are in style. "What up dude"? "Hey bro, got any idea which camera we should look at?:hehe:

Ron, I just adore you. Looking forward to seeing you in Redding in a few weeks.

:hehe:

I honestly thought that was a West Coast thing.

According to their facebook page the second episode will air on May 31st at 5pm on FSN

Last edited:
To me the show is laid back which is great. I really liked it and since it was the first show they did a great job. Hats off to Randy and the NHRDA crew and Diesel TV crew for making this happen.

Just wish one of my interviews made the cut.

Back