Dirty Common Rail Injectors

Problem is they can't name any top dog in any competitive level running them. Just want to spout off about their chit is better than anyone elses. If they don't want to say specifically why they are better then best to shut up and let the product do the talking for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They should let the product speak for itself. The name getting out will take care of itself. That's just my .02. This post I think does that. The other Thread before was a bunch of bull....

Just to clarify, my question was an honest question not meant to start any injector wars. I hope BBI does not start a company named BBC (Big Bang Cams). It would surely be on then.

But seriously once your back in the office Brian some inside information would be great. I talked with person here on Compd and he's a believer and I respect his evaluation of the BBI's. He is running the stage4's in his drag truck (white regular cab 4x4) But information would be appreciated as I will be in the market for injectors sooner or later.

Thanks

I don't think Smarty, or its people, have anything to do with building these injectors. They're just distributors.

I don't think Smarty, or its people, have anything to do with building these injectors. They're just distributors.

Actaully, I am pretty sure Marco from Smarty was in on the R&D phase of these injectors.

You know I read all the hype surrounding these injectors and have yet to see any substantial proof on a already established high HP CR that they are worth what BBI claims they are.

So here Ya Go Brian.....
My truck is a PROVEN 1000HP ride that is driven to shows all over the East Coast.AS a matter of fact we have the biggest Dyno show on the East Coast coming up and its a show Our club puts on,called "Fall Brawl".So here is a simple offer,Send me a set of the Stage 3's that you claim are good for 1200RWHP and we will swap them into my truck for the show.If they make a substantial power gain,I will buy them and leave them in the truck.If they do not make a substantial gain in power,like your claiming,I will box them up and send them back on my dime.

I personally do not believe the hype that is being stated about power gains with the BBI over any other builders.Good,bad or indifferent I will post my findings here.We have a proven jet and a proven truck and I am willing to have a go at this.I have been on the fence thinking about these for a while and the hype scares me as I have seen it before in this industry.So you can make a believer out of both me and the masses here all you need to do step to the plate.........Andy

1000hp?

They already have a truck out there at 1350hp.

BBi 4's on the Dyno - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I am currently running and have been running the stage 1's in my 05 for 20k miles, I have friends and family with common rails that don't run as smooth and good as my truck has since I installed the BBI's, i am a diesel tech and have been for 5 years, I work with cummins a lot and haven't Seen any company or injector that comes close to the BBI's. Injector's are the heart of a diesel and I don't see why anyone would want to use a lesser quality when it comes to injectors.. I have everything in my sig and have been running it like this for a while now, never had an issue with starting or running rough, I tow and drag race and drive this thing everyday, it always runs smooth as glass and i get around 22mpg with the smarty on level 9, (and I don't drive it real nice) my next step is to get it on the dyno for UDC tuning, I can only imagine it will run better and harder! I wouldn't recommend another injector after seeing and running these injectors, there development is top shelf and I wouldn't settle for less!

Last edited:
You know I read all the hype surrounding these injectors and have yet to see any substantial proof on a already established high HP CR that they are worth what BBI claims they are.

So here Ya Go Brian.....
My truck is a PROVEN 1000HP ride that is driven to shows all over the East Coast.AS a matter of fact we have the biggest Dyno show on the East Coast coming up and its a show Our club puts on,called "Fall Brawl".So here is a simple offer,Send me a set of the Stage 3's that you claim are good for 1200RWHP and we will swap them into my truck for the show.If they make a substantial power gain,I will buy them and leave them in the truck.If they do not make a substantial gain in power,like your claiming,I will box them up and send them back on my dime.

I personally do not believe the hype that is being stated about power gains with the BBI over any other builders.Good,bad or indifferent I will post my findings here.We have a proven jet and a proven truck and I am willing to have a go at this.I have been on the fence thinking about these for a while and the hype scares me as I have seen it before in this industry.So you can make a believer out of both me and the masses here all you need to do step to the plate.........Andy

This would be great.

I have a set of 3.5s that have a fresh rebuild from F1 that I might try and swap in to make a comparison. The 3.5s are smaller but the BBIs are cleaner. (Granted my comparison is of 3.5s with 60k + miles to new BBIs)

I believe because I had a set... Saw the test info and was told about a few things.

Not saying Exergy doesn't have great stuff too, I know they do.
I know F1 has some good stuff too. I used them also. But I had an issue that BBI fixed and they were the best they'd ever been at that point.

I think Brian and the folks from this company are just doing what any company would do to get their name out there and create business... It's a shame to see the hostility even without people trying them... I've not heard anyone having an issue with BBI's yet.. Usually hostility comes after people have issues..

Oh well..

I feel the same way.

Last edited:
Brian could you explain in simple terms what BBI does internally that other companies may or may not do? Seems like its some of the internal work that is done to BBI injectors that sets them apart from some other companies injectors.

Thanks.

Yes Sir Mr Estrada, based on my knowledge (I am NOT an Injector engineer) there's really nothing simple about a CR injector. BBi does not make me privy to any of their specific proprietary alterations. I do understand that the internal mechanisms are designed at a tighter tolerance & function at a higher rate of efficiency, than an oem unit.

Last edited:
I am currently running and have been running the stage 1's in my 05 for 20k miles, I have friends and family with common rails that don't run as smooth and good as my truck has since I installed the BBI's, i am a diesel tech and have been for 5 years, I work with cummins a lot and haven't Seen any company or injector that comes close to the BBI's. Injector's are the heart of a diesel and I don't see why anyone would want to use a lesser quality when it comes to injectors.. I have everything in my sig and have been running it like this for a while now, never had an issue with starting or running rough, I tow and drag race and drive this thing everyday, it always runs smooth as glass and i get around 22mpg with the smarty on level 9, (and I don't drive it real nice) my next step is to get it on the dyno for UDC tuning, I can only imagine it will run better and harder! I wouldn't recommend another injector after seeing and running these injectors, there development is top shelf and I wouldn't settle for less!
please give me some of what you're smoking 22 mpg running the **** out of your truck on level 9 lol pass some of that fairy dust over here cause I call bull $hit and I'm sure everyone else would agree. Once again someone that thinks they know it all shows up with no real evidence that bbi is better than any other company and wants to preach of how great they are. I'm sorry newb but with all of the 25 posts you have and for how lightly your truck is modded your opinion isn't Gona mean much. Why don't you look at exergys track record and how meticulous they are when the build and flow an injector and then you can run your mouth.

Brian, not even an acknowledgement to Hammers offer? would put you guys front and center.........

Well i think most companies compare their tuned full body injectors to a set of competitors nozzles punched out on some 100k mile injector bodies...not really a true comparison. I guarantee some BBI nozzles on a stock body is smokey too, thats probably why they wont sell just the nozzles i bet.

I have new F1's on the way, they have my best interest in their new full injectors. That hasn't always been the case but they have stood behind their product even after a few years.

I haven't a clue as to what most companies do. To date BBi has only tested full injector sets. I've never tried BBi nozzles on a stock body, and personally see no reason to.

Congrats on your new purchase ! I hope they serve you well for years to come.

I think Brian and the folks from this company are just doing what any company would do to get their name out there and create business... It's a shame to see the hostility even without people trying them... I've not heard anyone having an issue with BBI's yet.. Usually hostility comes after people have issues..

Oh well..

Starting this thread is reason enough to put a bad taste in peoples mouth. Its as simple as "dont talk chit without backing it up". Especially on here...

I know for me, the best sales approach is "modesty is the best policy". Instead of starting some used car salesman pitch about "dirty" injectors, post up facts, times, and numbers. When it comes down to it, the members on here only care about the bottom line. Do they make more power, more efficiently. or not? If so, prove it.

$.02

Back