Dirty Common Rail Injectors

I'm interested as well. I know the truck ended up being down for Fall Brawl, has it run yet with the BBIs?

ID be interested in flow numbers at "x"psi and duration on BBIs largest injectors. Is this info available?

For me and probably many other cr pullers we need an ungodly amount of flow at high rpm. Our window of injection gets smaller the faster we spin.

I've tried a lot of injectors and constantly wanted larger.

Oh I don't really care how clean they are or idle characteristics.

Hi,
Here is a link to the BBi Stage 4 Injector test certificate. The 4’s come with the High RPM Body Mods. These mods allow the Injector to operate faster. By opening quicker and closing faster it allows more dwell, or open time.
I believe it is safe to say that these operate FASTER than ANY 5.9 Injector in this universe.

These will flow more than an injector with larger nozzle holes because of their incredibly fast operational rates.

http://www.bigbanginjection.com/products/injectors-my03-2003-2004/

Last edited:
Is any way to find out the duration of the test and or how many times the injector is fired during the test?

I agree. I think confirmation that the flow is held up through high RPMs (4500+) is important. I'd like to see a sheet that also lists what RPMs these were tested at.

Everything you need to know is on those sheets, and the sheets say they're not top of the pack yet.

Everything you need to know is on those sheets, and the sheets say they're not top of the pack yet.

I agree my current set is larger (hopefully even bigger soon). Knowing the test parameters helps me weed through hype.

Not trying to bash here. I would be really excited if someone found something"new" in the building cr injectors.

You want something New in Injectors? Right here! We have it. I don’t see any one else duplicating what BBi has to offer you.
So one poster mentions they aren’t swayed by marketing claims or hyperbole saying that “That” seems to be a large portion of info floating around on our products. Claims and hyperbole are typically terms used by competitors or non believers. To the best of my knowledge all I have ever shared with you guys are Facts.

As I mentioned, The Stage 4’s come with the High RPM Body Mods. These mods allow the Injector to operate faster. By opening quicker and closing faster it allows more dwell, or open time. The higher the RPM the LARGER the difference becomes in flow capability. I believe it is safe to say that these operate FASTER than ANY 5.9 Injector in this universe. You can get these mods also on all stages of BBi’s. Size matters? Yes! Absolutely! But that is by NO means the only thing that matters in a scenario as incredibly complicated as this. These babys will flow more than an injector with larger nozzle holes because of their incredibly fast operational rates. These Injectors are unlike others, from the bodies, to the internal modifications, to the nozzles.

Body mods are not being duplicated by anyone else, nor can they for certain reasons, nor are the standard internal mods that one will have with all the BBi Injectors. BBi is the only one with this technology and equipment who is willing and able to offer this kind of Injector to the public for our Common Rail Dodge Cummins pickups.

Quick question for you Brian:

Is this a patented or patent pending design on the body modifications?

Thanks

We arent looking for different. We are looking for better.

Can you post the test results that show the difference at higher RPM?

do you have flow rates for each stage? curious to see stages 1 through 4. and curious if you send the flow sheets along with the injectors when they do go out the door. I see the rest of the stages listed, thanks.

Last edited:
So does BBI know for a fact that other builders have not bought a set of BBI's and with the knowledge and know how of a few big names reverse engineered for lack of a better term duplicated the same mods, I mean I'm sure there is no pat on the mods. Is there like asked previously? I am in market soon for a set....

These babys will flow more than an injector with larger nozzle holes because of their incredibly fast operational rates.

You are comparing two different things, a smaller nozzle operating at the same pressure cannot flow more than a larger nozzle, however an injector with a lower flowing nozzle could make more power if the cone angle were different, as well if it had a better(quicker) injection rate. Although I agree with some of your statements, you seem to often miss the actual facts behind the results.

Back