Dirty Common Rail Injectors

all you guys drive me nuts, 30% more than stock is simply 130%. no if ands or buts

So do these billy bad a** injectors come with flow sheets, or is that a secret info too? I've bought lots of common rail injectors, most do not, and if they don't I won't ever believe those companies. If Yours do then You have a leg to stand on. This is just like the fuel system fight-everyone's chit is better than the others but there is no true accurate comparison that's been shown yet...

if it does in fact come with a flow sheet, is the sheet showing what flows through the injector with nozzle, or just the nozzle?

Looks like the links must not show up on my phone. Though I am on my computer now.

Comparing that flow chart with mine from Exergy, the stage 4 will flow a bit more across the board. The stage 3 chart has almost identical numbers to my flow chart and I know that they make have injectors out there flowing quite a bit more than mine. A flow chart for Exergy's bigger injectors would be nice for comparison.

Last edited:
Indeed! Here is a link to the comparison of BBi 1's, with and without the High RPM body mods. This is on a mild truck with a single stock CP-3.

http://www.bigbanginjection.com/performance/

That there shows the difference the mods make.

Thank you!

Hey Brian, I keep looking at this graph, and obviously the big story is the high RPM performance, but interestingly there seems to be an increase down low too. Any reason/thoughts on that?

The body mods make advantages down low that grow with rpms. The ability to flow better with these mods have an added benefit from the start of the run to 2400 rpm. A nice added benefit in addition to the high rpm advantages. The dramatic gains were from 3500 to where the run ended @ 4700 rpm. Makes for an impressive graph for these stage 1's with a single CP-3.

I agree my current set is larger (hopefully even bigger soon). Knowing the test parameters helps me weed through hype.

Not trying to bash here. I would be really excited if someone found something"new" in the building cr injectors.

Then get excited! Here is a quote from a well known tuner. “Weird to tune, flow like a firehose, yet also clean”. You guys are asking for new CR Injector technology? But also want the new to be better? Let me reiterate myself! We are BBi, we are NEW, and we ARE Better!

Then get excited! Here is a quote from a well known tuner. “Weird to tune, flow like a firehose, yet also clean”. You guys are asking for new CR Injector technology? But also want the new to be better? Let me reiterate myself! We are BBi, we are NEW, and we ARE Better!

Who's the tuner?
How many sled pulling/all out CR are running your biggest injectors. I'd love to hear from them.

Friendly suggestion, stop coming across as a used car car salesman.

Who's the tuner?
I didn't receive an ok to quote, so I am not going to.

How many sled pulling/all out CR are running your biggest injectors? I'd love to hear from them.

We've over 150 sets of BBi in the field, but very few of the 4's are out there. Two of them have reported on this forum.
I've been expecting more feedback from tuners/users & haven't received much to date.
I can & have asked them to talk, but can't make them. To date we've had nothing but positive feedback.

All that we've ever asked, is the feedback be honest.

One beta tester out there, but that's not going as planned....

"Friendly suggestion, stop coming across as a used car car salesman."
I'm sorry if you don't like my approach. By the way, we only sell NEW, no used clunkers here...... :)

Play your cards right, you might get a free toaster with injector purchase!

i read this whole thread and for a bunch of guys who dare to be different the skepticism about not trying a new product (but bashing it) baffles me. i dared to be different and put some stage 2s in my truck. Not trying to be a cheerleader but they run smooth and my truck rips. so they work for me. My .02

^^ Any better information than "my truck rips" ?
Back to back dyno/track runs?
Supporting mods?

How much power do "they" claim the stage 2's are capable of? How much power r u putting down 1985 cucv?

Up to 1000 with 2s is what is claimed. My brother did 940 with them today, smarty ssr tuning, and 63/480 compounds. UDC tuning is planned to see if he can find any more power.

We will both be hitting the dyno on the 10th and a different dyno on the 17th. I feel that if 1000 hp is possible I'm going to give it a fair change.

Up to 1000 with 2s is what is claimed. My brother did 940 with them today, smarty ssr tuning, and 63/480 compounds. UDC tuning is planned to see if he can find any more power.

We will both be hitting the dyno on the 10th and a different dyno on the 17th. I feel that if 1000 hp is possible I'm going to give it a fair change.

after seeing the duration maps on the higher tntr tunes, i would never want to hang an injector open that long to make big power.

I looked at the graphs posted for the bbi flow sheets, seems like a tuner would have to pull all the fuel out down low where they ramp up hard to keep smoke in check, so what the benefit to the high low down low like that. I would rather tune with a low curve like it has in the lower psi range than the higher psi range.

all you guys drive me nuts, 30% more than stock is simply 130%. no if ands or buts

i definitely agree, but there will obviously be different terms for the same thing. for example i always refer to my sticks as 50% over's, even tho every dyno shows them to be roughly 120hp sticks.

to me its like car audio amplifiers. so many manufacturer's LOVE to name their amps by peak power when RMS is all the pro's care about. JL audio, for example, only names their amps by RMS wattage. i wish all injectors companys would follow a "model" and do the same thing.

I personally dont think rating an injector by HP is fair. different mods, heads, internals etc.etc. will show different power. THEN AGAIN, if a newbie were to buy a set of sticks, they dont care about flow or percentages.. they just care about HOW MUCH POWER can i GAIN???

am i right?*bdh*

For those that are courious about the limits of BBI 2 injectors, my brother and I spent the weekend gathering some real life info and will continue to reach for more. The race day was at 3000' ft elevation around 50 degrees with a 20 mph head wind.

My truck is an 07 Mega cab weighs in at 8030 with me in it. For the track I dropped 100 lbs. So race weight 7930# on 35" tires. Fuel: BBI stage 2 injectors, PPE dual pumps, arson mechanical low pressure pump. Motor: stock head and block with hamilton springs push rods, and arp 2000 studs. Air Flow: GT3788R (Billet 64 mm wheel from turbo resource) over a GT5533R (91mm) and a 38 mm external gate on a steed speed mani. Trans: Full billet HTS with 50k+ miles on it. Tuning: Silver Bullet tuning

My brothers truck is an 04.5 quad cab short bed dually. Race wigh 7900# on 34" tires. Fuel: BBI 2s, PPE dual pumps, Fass 260, Motor big valve head from Mountain High performance, arp 2000 studs. Air: s363 over s480 with 38 mm gate on a steed speed mani. Trans: Full Billet HTS trand with 60k + miles. Tuning SSR Tuning that he does him self

I started the day running the 12v tune from Les (dyno show 750 hp), just to get the feel of it. I was launching at 15 psi and that produced my fastest 60' of 1.82 and I believe an et of 8.2 (I didnt pay much attention to time slips for the small tunes, I should have). While makeing these passes I melted the air lines going tot he external gate and was never able to get things back to where they need to be. I set the gate back to where I thought it needed to be and swapped to the biggest tune i have. According to Les this is as far as he was willing to push things. This run yielded a 2.18 60' (Smoked all 4) and a 8.53 second 1/8 mile run at 90.1 mph. See video 1. I was unable to keep boost at 15 for the launch and looking at the logs it looks like i left at 30 psi.

[ame]http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/oldsmokey12/MVI_0726_zpsebcdbfee.mp4[/ame]

I messed with the gate a little more and ran again. This time 2.23 60' same thing smoked the tires so I lifted, then hit it again and ran a 8.24 at 91.86 mph. I feel if i could get a good launch and with a little time getting the gate back where it needs to be 95 mph is possible. Calculating on mph to 998.47 HP

[ame]http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/oldsmokey12/MVI_0727_zpsb7e006e9.mp4[/ame]

Dustins best run was 7.76 @ 94.2 mph (calculated 961.8) mph with a 1.97 60'. He was unbale to launch any harder as it seems his converter is to tight for his setup.

[ame="http://s491.photobucket.com/user/oldsmokey12/media/MVI_0725_zps58adfbaa.mp4.html"]MVI_0725_zps58adfbaa.mp4 Video by oldsmokey12 | Photobucket[/ame]

The tune in the above run dynoed on there dyno at 940 hp. But as you can see was extremely clean so he wanted to dial up a little more duration. This resulted in a broken shaft in the trans on the 2 to 3 shift. Were assumeing he would pickup another mile per hour.

[ame]http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/oldsmokey12/MVI_0728_zpsf1be4641.mp4[/ame]

No for the dyno. Since Dustins broke he wasnt able to hit the dyno. JBI brought there non loaded dynojet up. I made a few pulls in OD and mannaged 946 hp and 1576 tq. It was difficult to get the primary to light with the gate issues and no load but it was a fairly clean run.

[ame="http://s491.photobucket.com/user/oldsmokey12/media/IMG_20140511_160921_868_zpsf21f70c2.jpg.html"]IMG_20140511_160921_868_zpsf21f70c2.jpg Photo by oldsmokey12 | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame]http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr274/oldsmokey12/MVI_0729_zps20c1ddbe.mp4[/ame]

[ame="http://s491.photobucket.com/user/oldsmokey12/media/IMG_20140511_155419_018_zps61de1f8d.jpg.html"]IMG_20140511_155419_018_zps61de1f8d.jpg Photo by oldsmokey12 | Photobucket[/ame]

Back