Dmitri goes 9.50@143 Fuel Only

Fast trucks

Congrat's both Dmitri and Brian they are both fast passes! Nitrous or not it's not easy to run those times. It would have been nice to see a better turnout at the race but it was still a good time. I like the track and with plety of shutdown it's a good place to race.

we helped them with a couple extra cameras for the filming for that video, it was on youtube by sat morning lol

Demitri was hustling driving 2 trucks in 2 different class's and having to fix a different boot every round on the race truck

You guys had a truck there right? How did it do?

You guys had a truck there right? How did it do?

we did, i was driving this goround.....having a little shifting problems but was getting better with every run.

gonna hang around till Brainerd and see if i can get it a little faster

the truck made 4 pass's at Indy (owner was driving) and the 4 at Muncie, thats all the track time the truck has seen. Long story short its getting allot faster with every run, might get some tuning this week to get a little more power and fine tune the trans shifting

but we did drive it from Coeur a'Alene to Minneapolis, 1400 miles with a 12gal fuel cell.....that sucked

we did, i was driving this goround.....having a little shifting problems but was getting better with every run.

gonna hang around till Brainerd and see if i can get it a little faster

the truck made 4 pass's at Indy (owner was driving) and the 4 at Muncie, thats all the track time the truck has seen. Long story short its getting allot faster with every run, might get some tuning this week to get a little more power and fine tune the trans shifting

Cool, progress is always welcome in my book.
Truck looks good BTW.

9.50@146 is moving, but losing a boot at 1000 foot i think the mph would be down quite a bit

Looks like a nitrous back half to me the mamba ran a 9.15 on a 1.36 60 and 5.83 1/8th and the mph was 146 just saying

One of my passes from last year at a NHRA event, fuel only, for comparison.

1.49 60'
6.06 @ 119.26
9.36 @ 149.10

But the trucks weighs 6,000lbs. D/A was 4600' at the time of the pass. I won't speculate if fuel only or not, just showing this for comparison. No matter what was used, still very fast.

Last edited:
That is moving for sure! I will admit though saying he ran fuel only seems as odd as saying he was wearing a pair of 20 dollar pants.... JK LOL

9.50 @ 145 is fast!!! Congrats, quicker than I'll ever run!!!!

Blowing a boot at 1000' and running 145 MPH = BS!!!!!

I ran 11.57 @ 121 MPH.

Next pass blew a boot at 900' = 11.86 @ 93 MPH

If my slower moving truck (less wind resistance) lost 28 MPH from blowing a boot at 900', that Dmax should have also lost roughly 20-28 MPH from blowing a boot at 1000' and we all know it wasn't going to trap 165-173 MPH on that pass.

Timeslip542.jpg

Last edited:
9.50 @ 145 is fast!!! Congrats, quicker than I'll ever run!!!!

Blowing a boot at 1000' and running 145 MPH = BS!!!!!

I ran 11.57 @ 121 MPH.

Next pass blew a boot at 900' = 11.86 @ 93 MPH

If my slower moving truck (less wind resistance) lost 28 MPH from blowing a boot at 900', that Dmax should have also lost roughly 20-28 MPH from blowing a boot at 1000' and we all know it wasn't going to trap 165-173 MPH on that pass.

Timeslip542.jpg
On the right slip, what were you lined up against that went 131 in the 1/8??? Diesel?

Last edited:
You also had 30-35 less MPH of momentum.

If you cut power at 120 MPH, you lose speed quicker than if you cut power at 70 MPH because there is exponentially more wind resistance/drag as speed increases.

That 4x4 running almost 150 MPH will drop speed while coasting quicker than the same vehicle running 120 MPH.

I understand that. It all plays a factor. .maybe the arguement should more along the lines of where said boot were popped...it's tough to judge at 120-150 MPH. 900' to you and 1000' to him could possibly 750 and 11150 in reality...just for arguements sake. LOL

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Get over it, he did it. period

i was there and saw it, so were many others

When you blew a boot did you let off or keep going? demitri stayed in it, that may be why he only lost 6 mph....

i've had similar things happen, somtimes stuff just happens that way.

i love how the cummins guys are getting scared of the duramax train thats coming :hehe:

i got a new sayin for you haters.......

Last edited:
Get over it, he did it. period

i was there and saw it, so were many others

When you blew a boot did you let off or keep going? demitri stayed in it, that may be why he only lost 6 mph....

i've had similar things happen, somtimes stuff just happens that way.

i love how the cummins guys are getting scared of the duramax train thats coming :hehe:

i got a new sayin for you haters.......

lulz
darren.jpg

No but seriously that is flying, even for a duramax :lolly: