Dmitri goes 9.50@143 Fuel Only

Superchicken says.......being stupid will make you famous too.

Last edited:
hey everyone sorry for the late reply, thank you for all the comments and congrats, it nice to get some love over here on comp D!!! Tim, darrin, we have had some good conversation over the last few events, i have the up most respect for darrin, phill taylor, seth sullavin and the their crews. with that being said i only wish to compete at their level as i strive and work hard, traveling across the country, dealing with breakdowns that follow and still trying to get up there with those guys!! I have no reason to come over here and lie to you guys about fuel or nos!! The truck was on fuel only, 7 of 7 passes the boots were blowing anywhere between the 100 foot mark and the 1000 foot mark roughly, but when your going fast thats just a rough guess as you all know!! Believe me my rep of spraying nos is not for nothing, im itching to hit that trigger and try for over 150, but the truck just has other plans for me as i cant keep it together long enough to hit nos, hopefully in the next few weeks we will have enough of the problems fixed so we can squeeze on it!! Thank you again for all your posts and comments everyone!!

I never said it didn't run 9.50. I never said it wasn't fast. I never said it wasn't fuel only or nitrous. All I'm saying is it's unlikely that it blew a boot at 1000' and still ran 145 MPH.

Assuming the 145 MPH is correct, I'd venture to guess that it blew a boot closer to 1250'. None of this matters, just the fact that it went 9.50 @ 145 MPH without full power the whole pass = has capability to run quicker and faster.

On my run, I let out as soon as the boot blew up. It was the hot side of the charge air cooler boot so as soon as it blew, the truck was 100% naturally aspirated breathing through the restrictive charge air cooler and intake piping = maybe 100 HP at the wheels if I stayed in it.

The mph was 143, truck has been 149.7 to 147 almost consistant i had boot problems all day!! I wish i hadnt believe me cause had they held i would have sprayed that truck, Im not one to ever get on the internet and say should of would of could of, i dont run a dsp5 switch so i can always claim im on the tow tune, millage tune, bla bla bla, im not that guy, generally why im kinda quiet during threads like this, i run one tune and set to where i feel the truck can handle it, and so far i cant turn it up anymore then where it has been set, truck has room left plus nos, i just hope i can put it all together for a couple back to back passes is all i want for this season!

Last edited:
Have you tried Mr. Bob's Hoses?

no i have not, i had the ppe 5 layer, stock with duck tape, both with ratchet straps lol we tried everything out there, the other problem was when it was not ripping boots, it would just pull the off the intercooler side or the turbo side, the actual clamps were bending and breaking as well

You will get it man. I look forward to seeing it make some full pass's. Congrats on the new best ET for now.

no i have not, i had the ppe 5 layer, stock with duck tape, both with ratchet straps lol we tried everything out there, the other problem was when it was not ripping boots, it would just pull the off the intercooler side or the turbo side, the actual clamps were bending and breaking as well

I know it's quite a bit of work and time but could you just vband everything and take boots completely out of the equation?

I know it's quite a bit of work and time but could you just vband everything and take boots completely out of the equation?

i thought the same thing but wouldnt it be an issue since the intercooler is solid mounted and the motor isnt?

i thought the same thing but wouldnt it be an issue since the intercooler is solid mounted and the motor isnt?

If you take as much as possible out of the system and leave very little need for hose you should be ahead of the game. Then use fire hose for short straight runs.

hey everyone sorry for the late reply, thank you for all the comments and congrats, it nice to get some love over here on comp D!!! Tim, darrin, we have had some good conversation over the last few events, i have the up most respect for darrin, phill taylor, seth sullavin and the their crews. with that being said i only wish to compete at their level as i strive and work hard, traveling across the country, dealing with breakdowns that follow and still trying to get up there with those guys!! I have no reason to come over here and lie to you guys about fuel or nos!! The truck was on fuel only, 7 of 7 passes the boots were blowing anywhere between the 100 foot mark and the 1000 foot mark roughly, but when your going fast thats just a rough guess as you all know!! Believe me my rep of spraying nos is not for nothing, im itching to hit that trigger and try for over 150, but the truck just has other plans for me as i cant keep it together long enough to hit nos, hopefully in the next few weeks we will have enough of the problems fixed so we can squeeze on it!! Thank you again for all your posts and comments everyone!!

However you got there, you got there buddy. You're flying. Congratulations! See you at Schied... :evil

what kind of boost are you running?
were around 100 psi, depending on the shift, over drive pulls down about 10 psi on the drive pressure and boost
Awesome LOL

What style clamps?[/QUOTE
their ppe clamps, im not sure, who makes them for ppe, they seemed to hold ok the first few events, but in indy they had bigger plans haha
You will get it man. I look forward to seeing it make some full pass's. Congrats on the new best ET for now.
thanks man i appreciate the kind words, me too its been a long year so far of broken parts

i agree fully, truck goes to ppe next week for round 3, thier going to make it solid. Im not sure what im upset about more the boots blowing or the big ass dent i have in my hood from the turbo pipe, it pains me to look at it haha

Last edited:
However you got there, you got there buddy. You're flying. Congratulations! See you at Schied... :evil

thank you!!! I hope to make schied this year, i have tried for a few years but somthing always comes up, maybe this year will actually make it

Keep up the good work Dmitri... hope to see you in Edmonton! I wont be racing anything this year so I will be able to help you out a bit in the pits if you need

yip ... get rid of all except 1 on each side & then use double clamps along with connecting brace...it's a very easy " cheap " fix...