Dmitri goes 9.50@143 Fuel Only

Keep up the good work Dmitri... hope to see you in Edmonton! I wont be racing anything this year so I will be able to help you out a bit in the pits if you need
thank you, i will prob take you up on the help if i can make it haha, i usually travel alone so i could use all the help i can get :)
yip ... get rid of all except 1 on each side & then use double clamps along with connecting brace...it's a very easy " cheap " fix...

thanks for the info john! Use one on each side for flexibility purposes right??

were around 100 psi, depending on the shift, over drive pulls down about 10 psi on the drive pressure and boost
Awesome LOL

What style clamps?
their ppe clamps, im not sure, who makes them for ppe, they seemed to hold ok the first few events, but in indy they had bigger plans haha

thanks man i appreciate the kind words, me too its been a long year so far of broken parts

i agree fully, truck goes to ppe next week for round 3, thier going to make it solid. Im not sure what im upset about more the boots blowing or the big ass dent i have in my hood from the turbo pipe, it pains me to look at it haha

Congrats Dimitri!!! Awesome!!!

The secret to keeping boots on is fabbing your piping in a way that at any joint where a boot will be has no more than 3/8" gap and have good beads on them. The pictures below hold 106 psi of boost with only 1 clamp per side. :poke:

2661451370033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

2016233230033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

another option is to use straps like these:
Boost Brace - Quick Release Boost Brace Vibrant Performance

But I am still confused :confused:

Since Wade built your engine, has extensive master fabrication/engineering skills, has been a Professional Drag Racer for over 20 years, and is appearently involved in your truck extensively because he states "were working on some very cool stuff right now."....

Why are you having simple boot problems??:hehe::hehe:

Congrats Dimitri!!! Awesome!!!

The secret to keeping boots on is fabbing your piping in a way that at any joint where a boot will be has no more than 3/8" gap and have good beads on them. The pictures below hold 106 psi of boost with only 1 clamp per side. :poke:

2661451370033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

2016233230033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

another option is to use straps like these:
Boost Brace - Quick Release Boost Brace Vibrant Performance

But I am still confused :confused:

Since Wade built your engine, has extensive master fabrication/engineering skills, has been a Professional Drag Racer for over 20 years, and is appearently involved in your truck extensively because he states "were working on some very cool stuff right now."....

Why are you having simple boot problems??:hehe::hehe:

No need to be confused Greg, PPE built the turbo's and pipeing. I believe that PPE is going to fix the issues for good as we speak. (v-bands) My involvement is engine and chassis only.

Does dmitri have tire shake issues too with your chassis help wade?

Last edited:
Does dmitri have tire shake issues too with your chassis help wade?

no shake problems

So is that why the truck hops like a jack rabbit?:kick:

with that kind of power it will stress any chassis

accually it has gotten a lot better since he made some needed changes, it did hop and squat really bad, but it is much better, and will continue to improve.

it is hard to make sound changes when the IC boots keep coming off at random intervals down the track...

At least were down to consistant 60' and 330' times....when the boots stay put.

no shake problems

:hehe:

with that kind of power it will stress any chassis

accually it has gotten a lot better since he made some needed changes, it did hop and squat really bad, but it is much better, and will continue to improve.

it is hard to make sound changes when the IC boots keep coming off at random intervals down the track...

At least were down to consistant 60' and 330' times....when the boots stay put.

Wade...you are a fuking tool!!!:bang

How in the hell does boots blowing off at 1000' effect your masterful chassis tuning?:what:

:hehe:

Wade...you are a fuking tool!!!:bang

How in the hell does boots blowing off at 1000' effect your masterful chassis tuning?:what:

Greg they have blown from the 60' on to the 1000'mark, when ever they feel like letting go.

Thats what makes it troublesome to get accurate data...but what would you know that.

Last edited:
DOCKBOY

This is not hate thread so let it gooo!!!!!!!!! I appreciate you saying congrats thank you!!!! please leave it at that!!!
You private messaged over on duramax diesel asking wades part in my truck!! your bringing it up again here!!! your obviously really concerned about it for some reason!! Im trying to stay neutral here and just get along with everyone, you have your dealings with wade leave me out of it please, i generally dont take this approach im trying to be better at communication so i dont come off as a prick!!!! That comment about the inter cooler boots was not needed, ppe and i will figure it out!!! I promise you that!!!! The chassie was built by a good friend who died in a boat wreck in seattle shortly after it was completed, he was suppose to help me dial it in but didnt make it in time, so please show some respect for my passed chassie builder and not poke and little details... I have phoned alot of people for chassie advise and set up, wade being one of them as he has a promod car, i get and take advise where i can as i am blind trying to figure this out!!!!.. i have played hell all season with this truck...
I bust my ass man to get to where i have got, i get a little help along the way whereever i can get it, i do all the major wrenching on my truck, as i did the same on the red truck, the only piece of that truck i do not have a part in are the twin turbo kits built by ppe, they take care of me 100 percent so i let them!!! I from the short block up, meaning pistons and crank, rods only, assemble my engines as i trust only myself for a clean build!!! I build my transmissions here at the shop with added advise from Mike L as we go, I make all chassie mods with advise from a few direct people!! Wade does have his part in advise in my chassie and parts in my engine Please just from my end respect my truck and accomplishments on a seperate note from wade!! Thank you and again thank you for the love on comp D

Last edited:
Greg they have blow from the 60' on to the 1000'mark, when ever they feel like letting go.

Thats what makes it troublesome to get accurate data...but what would you know that.

Wade...these are not nitro fuel cars:doh: There is little, if any, chassis tuning required beyond the launch in these trucks. It is blatantly apparent that you have know idea how to correct that if you are doing Dimitri's chassis tuning:hehe:

What do I know? I've tuned my 6800 lb,. leaf spring truck to cut smooth consistant high 1.40 60's with ZERO hop... That is what I know:kick:

DOCKBOY

This is not hate thread so let it gooo!!!!!!!!! I appreciate you saying congrats thank you!!!! please leave it at that!!!
You private messaged over on duramax diesel asking wades part in my truck!! your bringing it up again here!!! your obviously really concerned about it for some reason!! Im trying to stay neutral here and just get along with everyone, you have your dealings with wade leave me out of it please, i generally dont take this approach im trying to be better at communication so i dont come off as a prick!!!! That comment about the inter cooler boots was not needed, ppe and i will figure it out!!! I promise you that!!!! The chassie was built by a good friend who died in a boat wreck in seattle shortly after it was completed, he was suppose to help me dial it in but didnt make it in time, so please show some respect for my passed chassie builder and not poke and little details... I have phoned alot of people for chassie advise and set up, wade being one of them as he has a promod car, i get and take advise where i can as i am blind trying to figure this out!!!!.. i have played hell all season with this truck...

Dimitri,

My advise about the piping was sincere and not a poke...please don't take it that way.

As for Wade, I have personally known him since he got into this and my jabs at him have absolutely nothing to do with you. He was a tool then and is a bigger tool now.

And by the way...it's NOT a Promod or even close.

Wade...these are not nitro fuel cars:doh: There is little, if any, chassis tuning required beyond the launch in these trucks. It is blatantly apparent that you have know idea how to correct that if you are doing Dimitri's chassis tuning:hehe:

What do I know? I've tuned my 6800 lb,. leaf spring truck to cut smooth consistant high 1.40 60's with ZERO hop... That is what I know:kick:

When you make the power he does then come talk to me....

He has a 5600lbs 1700hp 4 link 4x4 truck...exactly how many of those are out there???

You have NO idea what is going on. Besides im just helping him, why do you care so much what i do? Like with anything im a part of it will be fast..Period..Get over it!

Aint it past your bed time?

Last edited:

He has a 5600lbs 1700hp 4 link 4x4 truck...exactly how many of those are out there???

You have NO idea what is going on. Besides im just helping him, why do you care so much what i do? Like with anything im a part of it will be fast..Period..Get over it!

Hey Dip$hit...I make the same power on fuel that he does...

And the part in bold is the problem!!

Wade

You need to drop it as you do not have a clue with it. It's that simple!

Dmitri

You have a good running truck and it getting it done. It's just too bad that Wade is trying his best to claim he's doing it for you. My best advise is to get as far away as you can from him as he is full of nothing but himself. Your getting it done and that shows with the numbers and as you get closer to the top it gets harder and harder. Good job with what you have already done and what you can continue to do. Blowing boots isn't hard to fix, just takes a little time and thought as to how the pipes are layed out as Dockboy has pointed out. Your running close to the boost we run in Buck's truck and blowing boots isn't a problem for us. If you want some help, would be more than happy to tell you just how we've done it on his Duramax truck