Dmitri goes 9.50@143 Fuel Only

Sounds like he's pulling boots not blowing them. Pretty obvious Dockboy was offering some sound advice on keeping them in place.

1700HP? Track time's not jiving. Just sayin.

Hey butt brain, he made 1565HP on fuel!

With a 23% Correction Factor!!:hehe:

I tested/raced on Sunday for the last time before I'm out of commission for a while because of surgery. Unlike you, I can actually race people and test at the same time!

Any way, I worked on tuning and ended up with a 10.06 @ 135.89 at 6792 lbs. You tell me how much hp that is :poke:

Sounds like he's pulling boots not blowing them. Pretty obvious Dockboy was offering some sound advice on keeping them in place.

that calculator is good for about 10 second trucks after that is not accurate.

With a 23% Correction Factor!!:hehe:

I tested/raced on Sunday for the last time before I'm out of commission for a while because of surgery. Unlike you, I can actually race people and test at the same time!

Any way, I worked on tuning and ended up with a 10.06 @ 135.89 at 6792 lbs. You tell me how much hp that is :poke:

Oh i forgot your the dyno wizard....:doh:

Wade

You need to drop it as you do not have a clue with it. It's that simple!

Dmitri

You have a good running truck and it getting it done. It's just too bad that Wade is trying his best to claim he's doing it for you. My best advise is to get as far away as you can from him as he is full of nothing but himself. Your getting it done and that shows with the numbers and as you get closer to the top it gets harder and harder. Good job with what you have already done and what you can continue to do. Blowing boots isn't hard to fix, just takes a little time and thought as to how the pipes are layed out as Dockboy has pointed out. Your running close to the boost we run in Buck's truck and blowing boots isn't a problem for us. If you want some help, would be more than happy to tell you just how we've done it on his Duramax truck

Steve go away, Your lame insults dont change the fact that i am involved with his engine and chassis. thats the way it is! Period.

BTW stop trying to ride the coat tail of another successful racer.

Last edited:

you are correct i am pulling boots apart right at the clamps as well as splitting them right down the middle. You are also correct about the 1700 horse not jiving, i made 1565 fuel, yes with a correction factor, i have the truck running on about 1100 to 1200 for now i cant pull anymore power as it just breaks, but i hope to soon change that. I have made as much as 1634 with the red truck with 0 correction factor, so i do know where to put the added power, but as i said, it does me no good right right now. I agree on the advise given and appreciate all advise i can get right now, it was at the bottom of that same post i was talking about where he stated something about if so and so was such an builder why am i having simple boot problems, thats what was not needed. No harm intended just sayin

Last edited:
Steve go away, Your lame insults dont change the fact that i am involved with his engine and chassis. thats the way it is! Period.

BTW stop trying to ride the coat tail of another successful racer.
Wade not sure what racer you are referring to but Steve is very involved with Buck s truck , and the engine program. he and our engine builder talk often and he has a lot of input on whats happening with it...

Do you just pull this $hit out of your ass or what??:hehe:

Figures you would forget that the faster you go the more HP it takes to over come rolling resistance, 2 or 4 wheel drive, Slippage, powertrain loss, Wind resistance, and acceleration beyond a specific set math #

Example

Pro stock NHRA run 6.50ET's engine dyno makes 1800HP, yet track times "claim" only 1400 HP....

Top fuel used to run 4.20's and 30's Make over 8000HP yet calculators say only 5500HP....

Yea thas what im sayin.....BS

there are way to many variables once you break a certain point in HP and speed. HP calculators are not accurate beyond that point.

Guys im going to step out of this thread as i intend to try and stay neutral, those of you that know me personally know im trying to be better in person and on the net!?? I thank you all once again for your comments and congrats and for the love on comp D i have had a few people private message to offer help for the first time ever on comp d and its really cool, so thank you to those as well.

Wade not sure what racer you are referring to but Steve is very involved with Buck s truck , and the engine program. he and our engine builder talk often and he has a lot of input on whats happening with it...

Jess... you missed the part before he edited it where he said Buck didn't even like Steve! LOL

Guys im going to step out of this thread as i intend to try and stay neutral, those of you that know me personally know im trying to be better in person and on the net!?? I thank you all once again for your comments and congrats and for the love on comp D i have had a few people private message to offer help for the first time ever on comp d and its really cool, so thank you to those as well.

Dimitri,

Keep at it! You are doing a great job!!

Just be cautious who you use for help ;)

Dmitri,

I was great to see you in Salt Lake, and see your truck (that thing is nasty)
Congrats on your success, and I am confident you will get things worked out.

If I can give you some advice I would pull on some chest WADE R's and walk out of that enormous stench and seek help from some better sources.

Looking forward to seeing your truck run down the track.

Me too, i have nothing to say that i havent allready said. Most here know how nice and professional i am at the track and in person, i would like to make it that way on the internet too. Some make that impossible. But i shouldent use that as an excuse.

i have a different way of explaining things and dont always say it correctly. i am sorry for that and being different in that aspect.

I do try really hard to make things better and faster, always have been that way. I enjoy helping people and being involved with similar and innovative projects.

For those who say it's easy what i do, well here's your chance to prove it. Come out and do it, i'll be the first to congratulate you.

Untill then im done here.

Demitri im sorry for jackin your thread, i guess it's my fault, the excitement of being involved with a major success other than my own is pretty cool. It's obvious im driven to prove the haters wrong. but im gonna try and take the high road from here on out. Better things are to come buddy.

Figures you would forget that the faster you go the more HP it takes to over come rolling resistance, 2 or 4 wheel drive, Slippage, powertrain loss, Wind resistance, and acceleration beyond a specific set math #

Example

Pro stock NHRA run 6.50ET's engine dyno makes 1800HP, yet track times "claim" only 1400 HP....

Top fuel used to run 4.20's and 30's Make over 8000HP yet calculators say only 5500HP....

Yea thas what im sayin.....BS

there are way to many variables once you break a certain point in HP and speed. HP calculators are not accurate beyond that point.

You know that the "calculators" spit out and average hp required to move a specific weight a specific distance right?

Do you honestly think 8000crank hp is applied when the light goes green? how about half track? If a top fuel car dead hooked 8000hp, the numbers would match. dumb ass

I read an article back in the 90's where a physist who was also an avid drag racer did the math...by hand, repeatedly...he showed that according to the laws of physics a TF dragster can not do what it does.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

DIESEL_POWER; Demitri im sorry for jackin your thread said:
so you consider test and tune and taking credit for others work a major success?

Dmitri, I really hope you make it to Edmonton,, maybe we can go and throw some looneys again! Travis,, you do know that border is open in both directions right? LOL