Dodge workstock turbo thoughts

Theres a lot of people that are still not on this site or barely have time to check it out. Workstock they just give it a general look. So it's good to go.

So stop hating :blahblah1:

Hating on the idea- No
Hating on the workmanship- No
Hating on the fact that cheating is still cheating- Yes.

I understand that not everybody is on the interweb, but everybody knows somebody that is. So if you think this isn't getting talked about in some shop without a computer I think your wrong.

Discuss...

Compressor= 62/95 7 blade keyed to shaft 2.5 MWE in cover

Turbin= 71/85 11 blade in a 14cm WG housing hx40 outlet

TurboWorkStock001.jpg

TurboWorkStock002.jpg

TurboWorkStock006.jpg

TurboWorkStock003.jpg

Hey could you repost the pics...for some reason they wont come up for me to c them.

If someone's willing to put 20k into their truck for a 150 dollar prize, pay the man.

This is cheating, plain and simple
CompD Mobile Device

The turbocharger was built for a stock appearing turbo rule, therefore it would not be "cheating". Now using this turbocharger in an unmodified stock turbo class rule might be.

mine must have been a higher end cummins.......it has a polished "stock" turbo on it

dont know why u would go through all this trouble. if tuned properly, a common rail dodge with a completely stock turbo WILL make the same power if not more than a d-max with a completely turbo. so everyone just needs to make the rules factory oem turbo, no mods!:pop:

I have thrown plenty of blatently modified turbos out of work stock before. I have also thrown out HX50's in Hx35 exhaust housings, people with S300's that swore Industrial Injection sold them their 66mm s300 as a direct replacment for a stock turbo and it was just like the HX35 they took off. I even once threw out a Mack covered S400 that Scheid built for a workstock truck and stuck an HX35 data tag on it with glue to claim that is what it was. Sledpuller was there. The look of shock on Dan Scheids face when theye were busted was priceless. By the same coin the same turbo on the same truck had won plenty of pulls that year in that class with other organizations, including of course the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza. But it didn't fly with me, so yes regardless of what the rules are if you don't have good techs there is no telling what is going on.

Last edited:
I even once threw out a Mack covered S400 that Scheid built for a workstock truck and stuck an HX35 data tag on it with glue to claim that is what it was. Sledpuller was there. The look of shock on Dan Scheids face when theye were busted was priceless.

Just classic!

dont know why u would go through all this trouble. if tuned properly, a common rail dodge with a completely stock turbo WILL make the same power if not more than a d-max with a completely turbo. so everyone just needs to make the rules factory oem turbo, no mods!:pop:

can you run an HE351 on a 12v in work stock?

yes, around here, rules say u can run any turbo u want long as its from that manufacturer and unmodified.

its always fun to watch someone cheat, win and then tell everyone how bad ass they are. it happens so much it doesn't even piss me off anymore.

I have thrown plenty of blatently modified turbos out of work stock before. I have also thrown out HX50's in Hx35 exhaust housings, people with S300's that swore Industrial Injection sold them their 66mm s300 as a direct replacment for a stock turbo and it was just like the HX35 they took off. I even once threw out a Mack covered S400 that Scheid built for a workstock truck and stuck an HX35 data tag on it with glue to claim that is what it was. Sledpuller was there. The look of shock on Dan Scheids face when theye were busted was priceless. By the same coin the same turbo on the same truck had won plenty of pulls that year in that class with other organizations, including of course the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza. But it didn't fly with me, so yes regardless of what the rules are if you don't have good techs there is no telling what is going on.

haha those are awsome!

its always fun to watch someone cheat, win and then tell everyone how bad ass they are. it happens so much it doesn't even piss me off anymore.

If your gonna call someone out like that you should atleast let us know who your talking about!!:stab:

$.02Haha this is my favorite thread to date! I pull work stock all year and I get a great laugh out of the cheaters that I beat with a completely stock motor! And then they have three recs jump my butt to find nothinglol... if you can't win agains a moded dmax with a smarty tnt stacked with a box and huge sticks,trans,traction bars, and some good tires and the right weight then get with someone who knows what there doing... I win a lot of checks in the 2.6, 2.8, and rwyb classes with a completly stock motor and turbo with a big trans and some chassis know how..... I don't cheat do good andt it is a much better win in the end lol!$.02

Apparently our work stock rules allow for a 66mm charger.

Like mentioned before the duramax and the powerstroke have larger turbos. I think the cummins is at a disadvantage only having a 56mm(or what ever it is) turbo.

And I have to agree, great thread.