Dodge workstock turbo thoughts

$.02Haha this is my favorite thread to date! I pull work stock all year and I get a great laugh out of the cheaters that I beat with a completely stock motor! And then they have three recs jump my butt to find nothinglol... if you can't win agains a moded dmax with a smarty tnt stacked with a box and huge sticks,trans,traction bars, and some good tires and the right weight then get with someone who knows what there doing... I win a lot of checks in the 2.6, 2.8, and rwyb classes with a completly stock motor and turbo with a big trans and some chassis know how..... I don't cheat do good andt it is a much better win in the end lol!$.02

You must not have very competitive trucks in the 2.6 and 2.8 class where you are, because the real 2.6 and 2.8 trucks throughout most of the midwest states will hand a stock truck with just a Smarty and trans its @ss here in Missouri... Either that, or they weren't at the brushpull you were at the nights you won.

Just my $.02

$.02Haha this is my favorite thread to date! I pull work stock all year and I get a great laugh out of the cheaters that I beat with a completely stock motor! And then they have three recs jump my butt to find nothinglol... if you can't win agains a moded dmax with a smarty tnt stacked with a box and huge sticks,trans,traction bars, and some good tires and the right weight then get with someone who knows what there doing... I win a lot of checks in the 2.6, 2.8, and rwyb classes with a completly stock motor and turbo with a big trans and some chassis know how..... I don't cheat do good andt it is a much better win in the end lol!$.02

hahaha come on tyler we all know your cheating heck i am to we can beat d max that have cheater chargers on them so we have to be cheating lol:nos:

m.bcustom;1342773 if you can't win agains a moded dmax with a smarty tnt stacked with a box and huge sticks said:
I didn't know Bob and Marco was making a Smarty for a Duramax.

he's talking about the dodges having them and not being able to beat his worked trans'd dmax.

You must not have very competitive trucks in the 2.6 and 2.8 class where you are, because the real 2.6 and 2.8 trucks throughout most of the midwest states will hand a stock truck with just a Smarty and trans its @ss here in Missouri... Either that, or they weren't at the brushpull you were at the nights you won.

Just my $.02

haha im goin where he's pulling, cause its the same way here dude your not gonna win, its just not gonna happen, alot of the 2.6 trucks here are competeing at big event levels like schied and ts and all those good ones.....

you wouldnt come around here and compete in the 2.6 class with a stock turbo not gonna happen!

You big trucks either break or don't run and I go from 12 trucks to three to beat... pretty easy checks really lol

so what about a feller like whos still running my stock wh1c on my 93 with a gds 60 mm comp wheel and housing upgrade? stock turbo? even says holset right on it. i mean come on guys a stock 56mm hx35 just dont put out the air if you got even small fuel mods. the way these rules are set up just screws the average guy who wants to pull. its either workstock must have a stock charger or step up to 2.6 where these guys are running clipped chargers . wheres the middle ground at? i plan on running a true 66 on my truck when i upgrade, either a borgwarner s366 or a silver bullet. i cant afford a 2500 2.6 charger nor can i compete with those guys. but if i upgrade turbos then i cant pull workstock. kinda lame if ya ask me. thats why i probaly just pull local for fun where its a run what ya brung drive it off the street classes

personally i dont get what is so hard. ive discussed this with many people . you have a 2.6 class a 2.8 class and a 3.0 ....so it only makes sense to have work stock as a 2.5 class ..

seems like a pretty obvious and equal answer to me . makes them all on same playing field since thats what limits all the other classes

2.6 used to be 2.5, then turned into 2.6 so people could run a 66mm something or other but wound up with race covers and such which put them too close to 2.8 so they added protrusion(whole different story unrelated to this thread) but a lot of 2.8 truck had went 2.6 or 3.0 so 2.8 class is pretty much gone and it's WS, 2.6, and 3.0 now. Do you think making a "Street stock" 2.5 class won't be history repeating itself or ??

-Michael

Last edited:
well to me it would make the class alot more equal since some trucks come with way bigger factory turbo which allows them to run more fuel . where as the smaller turboed truck has to run really hot to make as much. if it was a rule 2.5 and no more how would it be history repeating.

well to me it would make the class alot more equal since some trucks come with way bigger factory turbo which allows them to run more fuel . where as the smaller turboed truck has to run really hot to make as much. if it was a rule 2.5 and no more how would it be history repeating.

2.6 used to be 2.5, then turned into 2.6 so people could run a 66mm something or other but wound up with race covers and such which put them too close to 2.8 so they added protrusion(whole different story unrelated to this thread) but a lot of 2.8 truck had went 2.6 or 3.0 so 2.8 class is pretty much gone and it's WS, 2.6, and 3.0 now. Do you think making a "Street stock" 2.5 class won't be history repeating itself or ??

-Michael

I think Michelle explained how history would be repeating itself right here in his post. See where he said "2.6 used to be 2.5, then turned into 2.6 so people could run a 66mm something or other but wound up with race covers"? So make it a 2.5 class and guys will start running race covers and there you have it history repeating itself.

every one would take 2.6 2.8 and 3.0 turbo's and clip them and put covers on them......just like they do with the 2.6 class now........so i think 2.5 would just be a waste of time (since we all know work stock guys are already doing it) why make it easier by calling it 2.5

well i dont see why 2.6 cant be true 2.6 turbos 66mm. not cliped protrusion and such. then 2.6 would be that middle ground for mild modded guys like me that want to run a 66. put all the protrusion chargers guys in a 2.8 or 3.0 or were ever they belong. to much bending of the rules going on here to suit all the people with lots of money

i mean come on guys a stock 56mm hx35 just dont put out the air if you got even small fuel mods.

but i thought it was a stock class? so the big injectors in guys trucks are ok?

well i dont see why 2.6 cant be true 2.6 turbos 66mm. not cliped protrusion and such. then 2.6 would be that middle ground for mild modded guys like me that want to run a 66. put all the protrusion chargers guys in a 2.8 or 3.0 or were ever they belong. to much bending of the rules going on here to suit all the people with lots of money

follow the money to the top, this saying holds true with any motorsport

there's a few turbo companies would be in the negative on the books if they werent making clipped chargers

Last edited: