Dumb things I see at Drag Races

People closer to the front in the staging lanes that find it necessary to jump out of their vehicles and go socialize every second they get and end up holding up the lanes.

Racers that see the need to "idle" through the pits at 25-35 mph and at the last min cut into his spot by the trailer nearly running over 20 people minding their own business just walking. Rail drivers in this area are notorious for that chit....

Up here in the NE guys run in super street with 15-16 sec trucks.....:doh: and they all do burnouts with street tires, some in 4wd.....lol

I can't believe I forgot this one....guys with 10 inches of lift on their Duramax trying to do 20psi 4x4 launches on stock tie rods. Thankfully, usually a suspension part lets go within 10 feet or so instead of 1/2way down track.

I really like the guys launching with 20+ boost in 2wd in a 4wd straight axle truck with an open diff. Nothing will impress like a 4+ 60ft!
:woohoo:

Racers that see the need to "idle" through the pits at 25-35 mph and at the last min cut into his spot by the trailer nearly running over 20 people minding their own business just walking. Rail drivers in this area are notorious for that chit....

Guys out here shut em off then coast in, in the dark. Freaking silent missiles..

Doing a burnout to half track while racing and just about losing it into the wall is another popular one during street race night here...

Crew member that routinely stands out on the track while his 6 second car does a burnout. We call him the Matador.

this wasnt dumb....... but it made me laugh my arse off

honda civic with the regular $5 fiberglass front and rear bumpers decided not to stop until the sand traps stopped all motion--- all that cheap crap was riped off and went home on the flat bed.......

best thing it only took 5 mins to rip it out of the sand and the track wasntmessed up

The chevy gasser guys that take off the headlight, air filter and drop the tire pressure down to 20PSI, does a big one wheel burnout and runs a 17.

The guy with 6 guys at the staging lanes with him and 100 stickers on the vehicle and he runs a 14.

This one is just funny i did it once. I had a high 12 second 4x4 LB7 get up to the light spool 14LBS, launch and run a 4 second 60ft and 16 second quarter with rear tires in smoke. Forgot 4x4 switch LOL.

The my number one............... A racer with a chute and wheelie bars on whatever that runs a 12.

people that trailor their truck in, rev it up like it wont idle, then run a 16

reminds me of one of my personal favorites...The guys that bump the pedal to make it sound like its loping, then put it in gear and make it bounce around like they can barely keep it tamed.:nail:

oh yea...blowing train horns because you think the guy with a two second faster dial in fell asleep at the line...all the while you were the idiot because his light hadn't gone green yet.

I had my best RT that run. lol

I can't stand people speeding in the pits. Most off the time its the flatbilled douche bags that have no respect for anyone, never mind the folks that have kids running around.
One reason I won't bring my kids to a night race again.
People closer to the front in the staging lanes that find it necessary to jump out of their vehicles and go socialize every second they get and end up holding up the lanes.

Sorry...

The chevy gasser guys that take off the headlight, air filter and drop the tire pressure down to 20PSI, does a big one wheel burnout and runs a 17.

This happens all the time in S FL. Full fire gear and helmet because it such a death trap.
Ouch. Both these are a straight kick to the nuts.... :kick:

~8200 lb truck
~14.2 @ 92 mph.

Yep, total fail on my part.... :doh:

No way. Low 14's is a good number.

It's ok Pete just remember the wide hipped girl beat u on the track and street!!!