Dumb things I see at Drag Races

I run N/T
Don't need the locals knowing what's up. :D

I do that at some tracks like Hattiesburg. On Sundays a lot of times people literally just won't run you if they know you're faster than them.

A couple of my favorites, the crew in the water box that water clear across the track so there is no way you can drive around it. Brackets racers who take all the weight off their trucks, second battery, spare, tail gate, back seat, bumpesr etc, fold in the mirrors and run a sold 14+.

A couple things I've done as well, forget to put it in 4x4 and also forget what tree you are running, lauching on the first yellow on a sportman thinking it's a protree and waiting on a protree thinking it's sportman. I've done both when I ran both brackets and Superstreet at the same race.:doh:

also forget what tree you are running, lauching on the first yellow on a sportman thinking it's a protree and waiting on a protree thinking it's sportman. :doh:

X2 :doh:

Forfeited a best R/T prize last season getting my rounds crossed up... then next pass sat at the line like :what: when the Pro tree fell on my Sportsman routine. :1tooth:

I love how this thread went from Dumbasses at the track all the way to Dumb chit I've done at the track. haha lots of humble honest people here

A couple things I've done as well, forget to put it in 4x4 and also forget what tree you are running, lauching on the first yellow on a sportman thinking it's a protree and waiting on a protree thinking it's sportman. I've done both when I ran both brackets and Superstreet at the same race.:doh:

I leave on the bottom amber, no matter what tree. I don't care what the rest of the bulbs do. If that bulb ever burns out, I'm gonna be real late for dinner. LOL

Paul

I leave on the bottom amber, no matter what tree. I don't care what the rest of the bulbs do. If that bulb ever burns out, I'm gonna be real late for dinner. LOL

Paul

I suppose just watching the bottom amber would help even on the protree, I usually don't actually watch the tree, kind of gaze beyond it. Saying protree protree to myself so I can catch a good RT. Works pretty good except when it a sportman tree. :D

Paul

I have tried this and it makes great sense just hard for me to get used to on a sportsman tree. I slightly nod my head on each amber on sportsman and go off my last nod. Seems to stop me from red lighting as much.

I have tried this and it makes great sense just hard for me to get used to on a sportsman tree. I slightly nod my head on each amber on sportsman and go off my last nod. Seems to stop me from red lighting as much.

I'd do that but afraid people were thinking I was nodding off...And might actually be.:D

Never mind the beer...

39598_1401415327738_1602960053_866323_2481003_n.jpg

76353_1401416687772_1602960053_866324_3503049_n.jpg

gotta keep that intercooler cold...

I've raced a few people who couldn't find the staging beams and took forever while I was spooled. The worst thing is after the races everybody with their straight pipes haul ass out of the parking lot and spin the tires on the highway, but never even run down the track
CompD Mobile Device

I've raced a few people who couldn't find the staging beams and took forever while I was spooled. The worst thing is after the races everybody with their straight pipes haul ass out of the parking lot and spin the tires on the highway, but never even run down the track
CompD Mobile Device

This.

I have found that each No Fear energy drink, makes my reaction time .02 seconds quicker. By timing each bulb, that ends up making me .02 seconds quicker on each bulb, and I have a harder time judging the number of energy drinks to consume. LOL

For me, the adrenaline starts to get to me as it gets closer to the final rounds, especially at the bigger races where you may have to win 8 rounds to get to the finals. I end up anticipating the lights if I try to sequence them down. If I only focus on the bottom amber, and completely ignore the others, the adrenaline doesn't get me. Basically I am treating the full tree as a pro tree. The two tree's I race are the full tree (sportsman), and a .500 pro tree in NHRA Super Street. I can treat those two trees the same.

Paul

I wish that NHRDA would go to a .5 pro tree. A guy might actually red light, tough to do on a .4 tree unless you just go on total instinct, or you crawl through the beam.

CompD Mobile Device

Or when you're trying to get spooled and guy running the lights keeps trying to get you to pull up:nail:

I'd like to go throw a spike strip out, for all the wanna be/never will have's leaving the track:rockwoot: