EFILive Beta First Impressions

I'd be happy if I could control lockup with EFI, no need for a lockup switch.

I'm all about things being programmed to work, not so much for tapping wires and adding switches. That could just be me though.

And for the 6.7 guys, being able to tune the trans with it would be great I think.

I agree, tapping wires is asking for trouble down the line. Would be very neat to see all these little things controlled by one type of programming.

Bobo tested the pilot injection tables and the tables listened to his commands, so if anyone wants to turn their common rail into a 12 valve, EFI has the tools...:rockwoot:

I think that blew over their heads Rob, but I :hehe: for real.

Its awesome to see progress bring made. It will also be really weird seeing a Dodge with a V2 & laptop when I'm at the track. I don't think these guys have a clue how nice it's gonna be to have full control over their ECM.

Manual Trans

I wanna see a manual trans tuned :) seeing how it pulls through the rpm band would be nice

I am currently tuning ona 5.9 manual (an 07). So far the truck i'm working on has had much better (and smoother) throttle response with his twin turbos, as well as less surging at cruising speeds than he's had with his 'box' tuner and foolers.

There is still a long ways to go to "fine tune" any of these trucks and EFI is working hard for everyone in the beta to get it there. The group of us beta testing are lucky as well to be included in this group.

In terms of the manual trans truck - i will get some video after i get a green light to post it here and show you what it 'looks' like. Since the main truck i'm working on is twinned, and the other manual is also modified - i'm not sure what you'll be seeing will be representive of other more stock trucks... The stock trucks in the group are all auto transmissions so if i get the ok to put up any videos for them i will do that too.

We all owe the guys from EFI a huge pat on the back. THey've been working hard the past year or more to get us all to this point.

so whats the deal with early 05 why is it suck a red headed step daughter of the cr's always the last picked ? just woundering
thanks shane

Just so I don't have to look back and try to fiind it.. ( Yeah, I'm lazy )

What's the order in which it'll be release for the year models??

first 06-07 then 07-08 6.7 liter :rockwoot: then 03-05 lazy butt LOL

Last edited:
I am currently tuning ona 5.9 manual (an 07). So far the truck i'm working on has had much better (and smoother) throttle response with his twin turbos, as well as less surging at cruising speeds than he's had with his 'box' tuner and foolers.

There is still a long ways to go to "fine tune" any of these trucks and EFI is working hard for everyone in the beta to get it there. The group of us beta testing are lucky as well to be included in this group.

In terms of the manual trans truck - i will get some video after i get a green light to post it here and show you what it 'looks' like. Since the main truck i'm working on is twinned, and the other manual is also modified - i'm not sure what you'll be seeing will be representive of other more stock trucks... The stock trucks in the group are all auto transmissions so if i get the ok to put up any videos for them i will do that too.

We all owe the guys from EFI a huge pat on the back. THey've been working hard the past year or more to get us all to this point.
Zach, you are free to post your video here, on our forum and our FB site. Just be mindful of vendor rules of the sites you post on.

so whats the deal with early 05 why is it suck a red headed step daughter of the cr's always the last picked ? just woundering
thanks shane

05 is SCI communications, we are experts in CAN, so will tackle those controllers first.

05-06 5.9L CAN
07-09 6.7L CAN
09.5+ 6.7L **this may be a separate development process, or may be concurrent to 07-09)
03-05 5.9L SCI

Cheers
Cindy

Will the Cummins ECM allow for multiple tunes like the 2 or 5 position switch for the DMAX?

really would like to see this on my 04 might be the only way to clean up the exhaust a little

Patience...........

Zach, you are free to post your video here, on our forum and our FB site. Just be mindful of vendor rules of the sites you post on.

05 is SCI communications, we are experts in CAN, so will tackle those controllers first.

05-06 5.9L CAN
07-09 6.7L CAN
09.5+ 6.7L **this may be a separate development process, or may be concurrent to 07-09)
03-05 5.9L SCI

Cheers
Cindy

Ugh I am going to have to practice patience!

What is the cutoff point in 05 for CAN bus? I thought that was a MY 06 thing?

Would the injector harnesses be the easiest way to tell? 3 on SCI and 2 on CAN bus?

What is the cutoff point in 05 for CAN bus? I thought that was a MY 06 thing?

Would the injector harnesses be the easiest way to tell? 3 on SCI and 2 on CAN bus?

Yes, that, or the # off your ECM. If yours is an 06 (VIN), you should be good to go...

Last edited:
Will the Cummins ECM allow for multiple tunes like the 2 or 5 position switch for the DMAX?

I heard a rumor that it apears it can be done, but still have other things on the plate first.

Last edited:
I think that blew over their heads Rob, but I :hehe: for real.

Its awesome to see progress bring made. It will also be really weird seeing a Dodge with a V2 & laptop when I'm at the track. I don't think these guys have a clue how nice it's gonna be to have full control over their ECM.

ZOOOOOOOOM way over our heads.....ROFLMFAO