EFILive Beta First Impressions

Subscribing I will hold out so I don't have to buy a Smart... HAd EFI live on my Duramax and will WAIT to get it on my Mega cab.. Thanks for the info and R and R boys! You rock!

Questions about time lines should get folks banned..... even if your name is david and your lazy. :)

Basically you buy a EFI V2 Scan tool. Then you can add the Cummins software and/or the GM software when released.

EFI Live

Will the Cummins ECM allow for multiple tunes like the 2 or 5 position switch for the DMAX?
Ross thinks it's possible - it's all about timing.

In our opinion, the ability to tune your truck the way you want it comes first. Switchable tuning is nice to have but not essential. Our aim is to support all (or most) of the vehicles as outlined earlier, then go back to switchable tuning.

What is the cutoff point in 05 for CAN bus? I thought that was a MY 06 thing?

Would the injector harnesses be the easiest way to tell? 3 on SCI and 2 on CAN bus?

The vehicles I listed are MY based, build year is irrelevant.

Cheers
Cindy

So will you be releasing the tunes as you dial them? Or will you get each year(03-10+) dialed in before anything is released?

So will you be releasing the tunes as you dial them? Or will you get each year(03-10+) dialed in before anything is released?

05-06 5.9L CAN-These will be first,then the following will be released in order
07-09 6.7L CAN
09.5+ 6.7L **this may be a separate development process, or may be concurrent to 07-09)
03-05 5.9L SCI

You'll be able to buy the hardware (and accopanying licensing, etc.) as soon as the first beta for the 06-07 5.9 trucks are released. That same hardware (with different software installed) will be able to work on any of the 03+ trucks OVER TIME.

EFI has broken down the 'release plans' earlier in this thread, and on their site they have broken down pricing of what the costs are going to be for everyone interested in purchasing the hardware. (EFI forum: Preparation for Cummins EFILive)

An important point to note is that the hardware doesn't 'come with' any tunes. The hardware is just that - the means to read/write information from or into a truck... You can tune your truck or pay a tuner (such as IdahoRob, Bobo and others) to build you a tune specific to your setup. The tunes are not 'canned' like they are with many of the programmers the Dodge world is used to having...

For some people rolling your eyes at me - sorry for stating things you already knew. My guess and experience so far has been that alot of the Dodge community doesn't really understand how EFI is different from what their used to... So hopefully the information i provided here doesn't cross any of the rules or boundaries - simply wanting to share as best i can the information that is 'out there' for everyone if ya know where to find it.

:Cheer:

Last edited:
Be better to wait until it's released to public before purchasing the Cummins V2 rather than buying the V2 and License separately.

Bobo tested the pilot injection tables and the tables listened to his commands, so if anyone wants to turn their common rail into a 12 valve, EFI has the tools...:rockwoot:

being able to turn off some of the injection cycles will be awesome, especially for us 6.7 guys. Currently we have some tuners that say there are only 3 cycles while others say there are 4. To know for sure and be able to turn them off will be awesome. Now I wont envy my little brother when he rolls in with his 24V rattlin like a brute.

I would imagine that if I had it tuned to make my 800+ that it would still be a bit less desriable to drive on the street Smoke Free..

If I want to tow or doing something without all the power, I want that optioin.

Just having 4-5 tunes at a finger tip would be nice...

For a Race truck...One tune at a time would be fine..

I agree with swole 100%. My nastiest tune I have now sucks to drive. Its on or off with barely touchn the throttle, smokey and surgy as heck and has to be hard on parts. I would love to be able to flip a knob and go for kill to cruise mode without takein 5 mins to download. But right now ill take what I can get lol. Iam ready for efi live!!!!!!!