EFILive Beta First Impressions

I just downloaded the new software and a tune from here, and this CUMMINS stuff is a whole nother ballgame. No wonder you guys get touchy throttle and hang after looking at even a stock tune, I couldn't imagine what a modified one looks like.

As for the timing, it looks like you have the base table which is say 15 degrees, and then you have the modifier that is say 18. Does it maybe work by taking the 15 from the 18 to give you 3 degrees? Looking at it this way it would make your timing numbers much more sane and inline with what I would see in a DMAX tune. It looks like the CUMMINS tuning uses more than just one table to get to a figure maybe? I don't have a CUMMINS, but just want to try and understand tuning for other engines as it can only help me understand what tuning that I do better. In any cae I see alot that can be done to help these engines out. Of course I don't know how much I like this as the CUMMINS guys now have our edge for driveability.

so you guys are already edging out the competition with efi live thats great to hear hopefully a little more tuning and it wont be close!

Soon WORLD DOMINATION!!! Lol...

Handheld tuners work well...EFI just works better.

~Les

Everybody is out playing while we patiently wait..:Cheer:

I have an 2006 with EFI live programer brand new can't get a pre tune or help its all good i will have to using it as a paper weight. Guest I will have to spend my good money on class room training. Not mad it's dam sad!

I have an 2006 with EFI live programer brand new can't get a pre tune or help its all good i will have to using it as a paper weight. Guest I will have to spend my good money on class room training. Not mad it's dam sad!

Start small, open your stock tune and take a look at some of the graphs in the main injection folder. Start by smothing, and go up from there. It's going to be hard to find someone that will show you step by step, table by table, because lets face it this is a money making (creating tunes) business. Sure, you may find some tips here and there, which is what I look for. I'm on several different forums in an attempt to piece together some knowledge, so that when I change a table, my truck doesn't become an expensive paper weight.

If you're not comfortable doing that, wait for the classes. I for one, didn't pay all that money, just for it to sit in a closet. :Cheer:

If your tuning skills are equal to your grammar skills, I can see how you're having problems.

I played with my stock file worked on it and flashed it to my ECM. Drove it around working really nice and smooth ! No more paper weight, thank you I just need a little push! ( Thanks to myself )

I played with my stock file worked on it and flashed it to my ECM. Drove it around working really nice and smooth ! No more paper weight, thank you I just need a little push! ( Thanks to myself )
Glad you are up and running. I know it's no consolation to you, but Rob and Monte are in Canada at the moment, so fast, efficient and timely communication is difficult for them at the moment.

In the mean time, there are some interesting reads on experiences with EFILive and some tune sharing going on in one of the threads on CumminsForum if you want to take a look.

Cheers
Cindy

Glad you are up and running. I know it's no consolation to you, but Rob and Monte are in Canada at the moment, so fast, efficient and timely communication is difficult for them at the moment.

In the mean time, there are some interesting reads on experiences with EFILive and some tune sharing going on in one of the threads on CumminsForum if you want to take a look.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks Cindy for share the info. Loving EFI LIVE I am a self taught person all way learn the hard but fun ( LOL ) I will check on the here see how they look

Cheers
Cindy

Not mad but glade force me to get off my azz and use my brain LOL

I didn't even notice until you said something, but wow. My brain hurt rereading that.

Ezz up man you jump me earlier now you are jumping on somebody else! Be nice people are here to learn about EFI for there year of truck. You dont own 06 or 07 we are here as friends not to be bullied by you comments. I just thank you are funny person

If you talking about me I am using an iPhone with big hands. If it's hurting you brain don't read it just skip my thread

Let me make sure I have this straight, you want people to hold your hand and just hook you up with free tunes for what reason again? Because you think it will help your spelling, grammar, and capitalization?

Ezz up man you jump me earlier now you are jumping on somebody else! Be nice people are here to learn about EFI for there year of truck. You dont own 06 or 07 we are here as friends not to be bullied by you comments. I just thank you are funny person
That's the way it works around here. We don't call it the shark tank for nothing.

Kyle is one of the sharks. I wouldn't make him mad if I were you, he's all roided out and has some anger issues over his shrunken testicles. Plus all his AfflictionAffliction shirts are to small. I think they are affecting he bloodflow to his brain...
If you talking about me I am using an iPhone with big hands. If it's hurting you brain don't read it just skip my thread

I type just fine on my Android phone. Maybe because I'm not an idiot to start with? Just a thought...

Also, just a bit of advice, you gotta earn your stripes around here. You haven't done that yet, and you aren't off to a great start at it...

Kyle is one of the sharks. I wouldn't make him mad if I were you, he's all roided out and has some anger issues over his shrunken testicles. Plus all his AfflictionAffliction shirts are to small. I think they are affecting he bloodflow to his brain...

LOL LOL

Dolph Lungren!!!!

Let me make sure I have this straight, you want people to hold your hand and just hook you up with free tunes for what reason again? Because you think it will help your spelling, grammar, and capitalization?

That's the way it works around here. We don't call it the shark tank for nothing.

I type just fine on my Android phone. Maybe because I'm not an idiot to start with? Just a thought...

Also, just a bit of advice, you gotta earn your stripes around here. You haven't done that yet, and you aren't off to a great start at it...

Trust me I am not hear to make people hate me just trying to learn. I guest I will site back and watch from the side line. Trust me I did not start this you too did. Also I was told when I brought EFI and program I will get a startup tune trust I have no problem learning. Just try to keep peace and if i said something wrong I will be the first to say i am sorry. Just remember I did not start this you too did.
Thanks for your advice I will take it on the chin so I can earn my strips all good