EFILive Beta First Impressions

Just to say I am not looking for a freebee trust me I will pay good money for things i want. (Peace i am not mad)

I've been slowly upping my stock tune every night and felt like my progress was slow. After changing some things around, I went for a spin around the block while recording rail pressure (amongst other parameters) and realized that it is way too low. I did see it spike to 23k, then fall off pretty fast. It's kind of hard to tell by watching the playback, but I wouldn't doubt it, with a stock cp3 (BOP) and 135k.

Just thought I'd share some experiences.......

We aren't mad.

We don't care if you are mad, or butt hurt.

We do expect you to use decent grammar and spell words completely and correctly if you want to be here.

I've been slowly upping my stock tune every night and felt like my progress was slow. After changing some things around, I went for a spin around the block while recording rail pressure (amongst other parameters) and realized that it is way too low. I did see it spike to 23k, then fall off pretty fast. It's kind of hard to tell by watching the playback, but I wouldn't doubt it, with a stock cp3 (BOP) and 135k.

Just thought I'd share some experiences.......

My pressure is way down too. Got a decent tune out of it except for that. Just fighting with altitude here, not sure how to get around it. And I'm not used to the new shift schedule, we need access to the TTVA and lock up.

You are to funny. Did you have a bad day go get a life! LOL

I actually had a really good day!

Wrapped up a phase at one job, went and setup and worked a little bit at another job, went and picked up my new grill (there is a thread on that) and then the wife made a nice dinner.

After that I saw a text message informing me that there was chum in the water and my services could be used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hehe:

My day was pretty enjoyable as well. I was simply suggesting that if you can't effectively communicate with other people, you most likely can't effectively communicate with your truck.

"Henry: See what happens when you play with sharks.
Ula: Sharks are like dogs, they only bite when you touch their private parts."

-50 First Dates (movie)

Thought it pertained to the situation.

Stop tickling the shark man:hehe:.

You are so right, got to get out shark man way teeth are to sharp

Ezz up man you jump me earlier now you are jumping on somebody else! Be nice people are here to learn about EFI for there year of truck. You dont own 06 or 07 we are here as friends not to be bullied by you comments. I just thank you are funny person

If you talking about me I am using an iPhone with big hands. If it's hurting you brain don't read it just skip my thread

Not quite. I was annoyed with you pimping that shop in every post. So I tried to warn you. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to know why we call ourselves the "shark tank" but there's blood in the water, you just may play a staring roll in the frenzy.

Let me make sure I have this straight, you want people to hold your hand and just hook you up with free tunes for what reason again? Because you think it will help your spelling, grammar, and capitalization?

That's the way it works around here. We don't call it the shark tank for nothing.

Kyle is one of the sharks. I wouldn't make him mad if I were you, he's all roided out and has some anger issues over his shrunken testicles. Plus all his AfflictionAffliction shirts are to small. I think they are affecting he bloodflow to his brain...

I type just fine on my Android phone. Maybe because I'm not an idiot to start with? Just a thought...

Also, just a bit of advice, you gotta earn your stripes around here. You haven't done that yet, and you aren't off to a great start at it...

LOL LOL

Dolph Lungren!!!!

I'm a nice guy. Even to guys like Mark, who according to Wayne likes to make fun of what I wear when I'm not there.(That conversation seriously cracked me up, the look on his face was priceless LOL) And that shirt that's too small, isn't affliction. Its the pale yellow "I got lucky in kentucky shirt". I'm workin' on it swole! The guy I train with now is a blackbelt, so I'm a little quicker then I used to be. Besides I put on ten pounds and cut the fat since TS. :evil

Don't let these guys fool you, I look nothing like the angry Russian dude from Rocky.

Not quite. I was annoyed with you pimping that shop in every post. So I tried to warn you. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to know why we call ourselves the "shark tank" but there's blood in the water, you just may play a staring roll in the frenzy.

I'm a nice guy. Even to guys like Mark, who according to Wayne likes to make fun of what I wear when I'm not there.(That conversation seriously cracked me up, the look on his face was priceless LOL) And that shirt that's too small, isn't affliction. Its the pale yellow "I got lucky in kentucky shirt". I'm workin' on it swole! The guy I train with now is a blackbelt, so I'm a little quicker then I used to be. Besides I put on ten pounds and cut the fat since TS. :evil

Don't let these guys fool you, I look nothing like the angry Russian dude from Rocky.

Dam: I was bate for the sharks today! You guy are to funny to play with. Yes I did step into the deep blue sea

Dam: I was bate for the sharks today! You guy are to funny to play with. Yes I did step into the deep blue sea

LOL No, what you experienced was quite polite. This is a site full of personalities known on a national level, and believe it or not has the ability to dismantle your involvement in the diesel world. The few guys that could be used as a reference, well, they're nowhere to be found in the community nowadays.

I wouldn't "play" with sharks if I was you. They'll tear you apart piece by piece. But if you decide not to heed that advice, I welcome you to the deep.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to stay up and watch I need to get some sleep. I've got a busy day tomorrow chalked full of explaining to people that there's a difference between Austria and Germany, that I'm neither, and that my balls still work. Even worse I have to do all that with next to no circulation while refusing to say "I must break you" no matter how many times they ask.

My pressure is way down too. Got a decent tune out of it except for that. Just fighting with altitude here, not sure how to get around it. And I'm not used to the new shift schedule, we need access to the TTVA and lock up.

I seem to have pretty good mid-range power, but nothing from low to mid, or mid to high. I guess I just need to quit being a p*ssy and really push those tables. I do see why guys tune with EFI Live on a dyno, it sure is difficult to monitor the data and watch for traffic. lol!

Agreed with the new shift schedule, getting on the freeway is interesting. It seems like it is really gaining some rpm's before it goes into lock-up.

Previously, I had a BD and actually liked the touchy pedal (low end power option?) so now that I actually have to push the pedal through its range, it feels odd to me. I tried increasing the pedal position table, but it must not have been enough.

Back