EFILive Beta First Impressions

I don't think EFI Live is going to change their development schedule, I think we should stick to the recent 06-07 release discussion.

*Break*

I made a tune last night, and apparently changed something that my truck didn't like because it didn't want to shift at the correct times.

F0504-Pedal Position to Desired Fuel. 1(0), 2(50), 3(80), 4(100).

As I pushed the pedal, it didn't want to shift out of first until I let up off of the pedal a little bit. Oh well, live and learn.

Another reason they should do the SCI first is that there are probably a couple million more trucks on the road for added sales sooner for more development money.

I don't think EFI Live is going to change their development schedule, I think we should stick to the recent 06-07 release discussion.

*Break*

I made a tune last night, and apparently changed something that my truck didn't like because it didn't want to shift at the correct times.

F0504-Pedal Position to Desired Fuel. 1(0), 2(50), 3(80), 4(100).

As I pushed the pedal, it didn't want to shift out of first until I let up off of the pedal a little bit. Oh well, live and learn.

Lol! Did you make third gear around 25 mph everytime?

:woohoo:

If u don't need your dash just run a harness and newer ecm as a standalone. Or u can take the cheap complicated route and repin your original SCI harness and OBD2 plug. FYI every single pin needs moved and are a mother too get out. If anyone has any pigtails with pins I could use a couple as I broke a some wires from the pins using the junk ass removal tools...

Pacbrake has them by the handfulls.....I keep a couple here in the shop.

Lol! Did you make third gear around 25 mph everytime?

I was actually on my way to the bar, lol! I didn't want to risk a break down, so we turned around and took my wifes car. I don't think I even got to 25 mph before we turned around. I'm going to try again today!

Them's fightin words... :stab::Cheer:

Hey now....all in good fun.:Cheer: Finally we will be able to set-up or trucks to run as they should with our mods. I personally would have bought a 6.7 a few years back but the 68's are still a mess(although they are making headway) and to convert to the 48 is taking away from the truck itself. I really do not mind the wait as it will give them time I am sure to make some more changes to the software. Although the sooner the better.

Them's fightin words... :stab::Cheer:
Kilmer-ImYourHuckleberry.jpg

Zach, Thurmon purchased through Rob, Rob has been racing in Canada this week, and Monte is with him. They should be back in the office next week.

Cheers
Cindy

That's good Cindy. Not trying to step on toes, just thought if he bought it from someplace that didn't do tuning i was going to try and help him out.

He's in good hands with Rob. I understand how busy he's gotta be. I missed some calls yesterday due to being involved the first sled pulls of the year, and this is only a two day deal 100 miles from home let alone the distance he had to go...

They said limiter is at 4200rpm

That was the limit in early limiter testing. Our public release states:

- RPM limiters – all gone. (only product on the market to date that eliminates all RPM limiters) The capability of this is yet to be fully exploited. Testing demonstrates 5500RPM is capable, however this is not the limit of the ECM. Fueling tables, and aftermarket modifications are paramount for high end users.
- 4200RPM with soft limiters (eliminating back off to 3600RPM) are fully functional and suitable for most applications.

I think the distinction here is that the 4200PRM with a soft limiter FIXES problems that most users experience with handheld programmers.

Over and above that there are additional parameters to make the RPM limiter disappear entirely.

Cheers
Cindy