El Cummino

One thing to keep in mind is these frames are pretty weak right where they curve out behind the front tires. It might be a good idea to brace it kind of like a roll cage with kickers would. IDK if the guy wants a cage but you could build some braces to go to the cowl to the front of the frame ahead of the control arms, and from those down to the frame at the firewall. You definitely can tell the metric front end didn't like that weight. I think it should be fine after you beef up the components that you already mentioned. Also you might look into getting different spindles as I know the circle track guys have a lot of problems with these and you might see the same problems due to yours having double the weight hanging on yours.

Travis looks good. dieselwrencher do you mind ellaborating on the frame braces a bit more, cuz im not sure what im gonna do. i know that im going to box the frame where its an open C and add a X-member or two. also did you chop anything out of the sump on the oil pan at all? cuz with the bigblock springs the pan was about 4" off the ground. i just finished with that and its back on the motor. it almost looks like a factory smaller capacity pan. plus i welded a bung for the twins on it too. OH did i mention he wants Twin Turbos now too. we'll see how the frames going to take it.

Joe

Joe, I think seeing how he wants twins and with the weight, I would try to find a solid point inside behind the dash and install a spreader bar or dash bar. First weld a plate to the body then weld the tube to the plate so there is more holding area versus just the area of the tube. I'm guessing he doesn't want a cage of any kind either. But I would use that dash bar and from it, send a bar out to the front of the frame in front of the control arm. Then I would install a bar behind the control arm as well if it all possible. You will also want to support the area of the frame behind the tires somehow as well. Maybe something like this.
IMG_0144.jpg

The best way to stiffen up the frame really is with a cage though. I know it sucks for a street car but with twins and such a light body, I forsee the windshield beeing popped out. Been there done that and it is cool at the moment but sucks later. LOL

LOL those Malibu chassis weren't tough enough for a 305 V-8!!!

Weld and Brace! Brace and weld!!:rockwoot:

we shall see with the motor back in it where we can route everything.

joe

thanks joe i jus got to fix the oil pan in mine it had a hole in it when it was pulled did u end up making a kick out for the pan if not that pick up hangs down real low in the pan.....fyi i was going to make up a kickout but it looks like im going to set the 12 valve so the pan is about 1" below the crossmember i think that would work abit better for ground clearence but im gunna need a fn gnarley cawl hood

I altered my oil pan a lot. I lengthened it and shortened it and added another section on the right rear for capacity as well.

x2 on the gnarly cowl!! what sucks is that the front of the motor (valave covers) pokes out not the rear. so we need to get a tall cowl thats fonna start right at the front of the hood. I didnt make any kick outs i just chopped a 2" section oout and rewelded the bottom back on. it prolly took out a couple quarts or so.

Joe

DW we'll see when the motor gets back in, its just been sitting idle for week or so. i'm waiting on the tranny to be rebuilt and then stuff it in the car agian with the fenders on, to see the exact hood line.

Joe

have u guys heard any thing about a standalone 47 re- pcs module and a bd valvebody good bad i wanna get one but they are fn expensive.....and i was wondering if any one knows of a yoke for sale

you prolly got find someone with a wrecked truck or give these guys a call. Weller Truck-248-473-1900, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

pics of the el cummino

camino73.jpg

not any more watermeth and :nos: intercooled

camino72.jpg

drive line done... crossmember crash bar out of 7.3 boost tubes out of my 6.0:charger: got suncoast valve body and pcs standalone on the way

Last edited:
black.jpg

boxed frame w 3/16 plate got crazy w some bombcan installed pcs/valve body and hanzer billet converter

ecm.jpg

trans cooler on tci shifter on the way tomorro the body needs alot of help in the sheetmetal department

looks really good:rockwoot:

looks like those spring are holding her just about right :)

Progressing nicely. If the picture works one of these would look good on there....

Attachments

• VC12V-BLU[1].gif
    VC12V-BLU[1].gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 38