Electric Fans on the Cheap...

I used a Hayden 226204 wiring kit. Has temp probe, AC lead, relay, adjustable from 150-220* can operate BOTH fans, costs <$40. @ advance auto.

it pulls some air i guess

27002_10150136261115414_825360413_1.jpg

did any of yall get any better mileage like they claim with their high priced kit

couldnt tell. it is quieter though. I like being able to look at the motor without worrying about the fan or all the noise it makes.

Heres mine two taurus fans (and yes its plywood so dont laugh)and they work very good.I dd and tow and have no problems,workin on gettin a alum. schroud bent up.I wired them w/ the grid relays .
fansintake007.jpg

head005.jpg

Why not just mount the fans straight to the radiator? You making a shroud shouldn't make any difference in the way they perform. They are already shrouded.

are you guys using the 3 wire (2 speed) taurus fans which flow lots or the 2 wire ( single speed) ones aswell?

Why not just mount the fans straight to the radiator? You making a shroud shouldn't make any difference in the way they perform. They are already shrouded.

Yea but both wouldnt fit with the factory schroud. Maybe they will with a 2nd gen but not a 3rd gen

shroud helps pull air through the entire rad surface , not just whats under the fan.$.02

Back