Extrude Honed injectors by Extrudehone?

JOHNBOY

ZF6 Sled Puller
Well we had a Kenametal tooling rep in the shop today. Nice guy. Anyway he noticed the CP3s and injectors sitting on my desk. Hard to miss them as they are the reason it smells like #2 in lathe side of the building. He told me that ExtrudeHone is a Kenametal company and that they do injector tips in house. He told me to check out the website. Link http://www.gethoned.com/parts.php?get_price=yourparts&show=diesel

Anybody use these guys? Just wondering. I have an extra set of tips I am thinking about sending them.

Thanks
John

theres a guy in Texas that has them mod his injectors...he sells them under his name and they are supposed to work great...no first hand experience

I might have experience with them.. They sent me a postcard after SEMA with a 10% off your next purchase coupon.. Couldn't resist :D

PM for info John.

Brayden

Yeah Johnboy I've been by their shop a few times...its just right outside of pittsburgh. I've always wondered if they did nozzles...now I know lol:thankyou2: .

Smokem said:
That is the process DDP uses.
DDP is WAY more intense with there "quality control" than Extrude hone. Its the same process sure but the methods are a little different. I would investigate it a little if you decide to go that route...

Extrude Hone sticks

The guy you want to talk to at Extrude Hone is Jim Bower. I could go into what they offer vs anyone out there selling Extrude Hone sticks but it would be better if he fills you in. As a matter of fact you may want to ask him that very question,.. his vs others.

Jim Bower 724 978 7211

www.extrudehone.com

You might want to ask him also what other extrude hone processes they do and WHO uses their services,... i.e., NHRA and such. They can actually blue print a set of tips,... one tip to the other and they have a superflow bench for testing, fyi.

JOHNBOY said:
Hard to miss them as they are the reason it smells like #2 in lathe side of the building.

John, did you take a dump in the lathe side again? :hehe: Sorry, it just struck me funny. :D

Lots of companies use Extrude Hone for there injectors. All old Bullydog Injectors were Extrude Hone.

I have 65% extrudes from Extrude hone in my truck. It has been said that they do bulk work so the QC isn't as good as it can be. I talked to Jim Bower also when I had them do mine. He assured me that the QC is higher when doing diesel nozzles.

For the cost difference between DDP and Extrude using the same process.... I think I can live with the possibility of a few rough edges.

I've tried to get Don to give me something bigger thinking that's what I need but, he's says they should be good to at least 750hp. So far he's right as I'm at 700 and haven't run out of fuel yet.

For $250.... IMO they're well worth it.

I have seen their ads in a few magazines. The price sure seems right

Thanks for all the input guys!

Jory.:hehe:

I should have said diesel fuel.

Just sent my LBZ injector tips there to have the honed to 45% over. I'll let you know how it goes. Should have them back Friday for Saturday.

My buddy works down at that Extrode Hone place. Me and Him just graduated and he did his coop rotations there. I'll give him a call and see whats going on.

Well I talked to Jim Bower today. Nice Guy. Tractor puller.:rockwoot:

Price sure is good.