Extrude Honed injectors by Extrudehone?

I thought extrude honing wasn't as good as EDM?

Your right, it is actually better! One of the issues with extrude honing is your running an abrasive fluid and "eroding" the injector tips out, while this helps flow, if you try to erode too much, you loose some control of the spray pattern. Best thing to do is EDM the pattern and size, and then extrude hone for clean up.

Are you running dual CP3's or billet rods?

Nope I have neither. We made 600hp with the stock injectors. What we a attempting to do is install the injectors and a modded CP3, cut timing and pulse width back make the same horsepower and possibly make the engine live allitle longer.Also should lower EGT's some which would be well worth the cost. Should work and for no more than they cost it is worth a try. Now if we try running the same tune we are now all hell would break loose and it would'nt last long at all.

As far as Extrude Hone, I sent my injectors to them on Tuesday this week and recieved them back thursday the same week. Cost was around $350 including shipping. Not to bad if you ask me and Jim was a great guy to deal with.Should have it up and mobile this saturday, so we'll find out how they are.

What are the goods and bads for EDMs vs Extrude honed? I agree for the price they sound great, but will reusing stock tips cause problems?

Nope I have neither. We made 600hp with the stock injectors. What we a attempting to do is install the injectors and a modded CP3, cut timing and pulse width back make the same horsepower and possibly make the engine live allitle longer.Also should lower EGT's some which would be well worth the cost. Should work and for no more than they cost it is worth a try. Now if we try running the same tune we are now all hell would break loose and it would'nt last long at all.

As far as Extrude Hone, I sent my injectors to them on Tuesday this week and recieved them back thursday the same week. Cost was around $350 including shipping. Not to bad if you ask me and Jim was a great guy to deal with.Should have it up and mobile this saturday, so we'll find out how they are.

$350 and two day turn around! Holy crap that's a good deal!

I called Jim today, he recommended a place called Pro-formance Diesel Injection for rebuilding/test injectors. I know there arent many place that can rebuild them. They sounded pretty reasonable too. Just incase you guys want to check out your sticks before you put them back in.

Service!

Wow!

I am impressed. I took my tips to the post office Monday at lunch. Wednesday morning Jim called my cell. We got the details square away and the work payed for. I get home today (Thursday) and they are here waiting for me. I will take them to work tomorrow and get the back on the bodies and tightened down.:woohoo:

Jim is a very nice guy I met him at Bullydog's place in Idaho a few yrs ago---even talked to him last yr about injectors---their turn around is awesome---chris

Just wanted to let everyone know. Got my injectors installed and took the truck to a dyno event. Made 630hp, 1147tq with 2100 microseconds of pulsewidth, 26 degrees timing, 37psi of boost and only hit 1450 on the pyro. I believe these injectors have been one of my best purchases for the money.

Also anyone doing these on a LBZ duramax beware. There is a disc about the size of the head of a ink pen that will stick to the tip when removing and fall on the floor and be lost forever, unless you have someone with very good eyes (thanks Chase). I recommend sliding a feeler gauge under the tip when removing to keep the disc on place.

If you have stock injectors and you have them Extrude Honed, are they still stock since the spray pattern really isn't that different and they are the "stock" tips?

I called Jim today, he recommended a place called Pro-formance Diesel Injection for rebuilding/test injectors. I know there arent many place that can rebuild them. They sounded pretty reasonable too. Just incase you guys want to check out your sticks before you put them back in.

If your talking about the one in Clearfield they've done great for us.

And JOHNBOY, you have seen the light!

you can have you stock injectors edm'd and tweaked for the same money if you know where to go.

What if you bought some cheap 200 dollar jammer 5 edm nozzles and then had them extrude honed till they flowed identical and 55-60 liters per minute. They you would have some CHEAP 160-200 HP injectors.

What if you bought some cheap 200 dollar jammer 5 edm nozzles and then had them extrude honed till they flowed identical and 55-60 liters per minute. They you would have some CHEAP 160-200 HP injectors.

I think 50-60 liters a minute might be a bit much. That'd be around 15 gallons a minute.

Back