Extrude Honed injectors by Extrudehone?

I thought extrude honing wasn't as good as EDM?

This is what I've always heard also. EDMing them produces a much smoother cut than extruding does. ???? This is what I've heard.

I had my tips done through Jim @ extrude also. Mine are done to 65%. I'm at 700hp now and have been told they'll likely be good to 750 maybe even 800hp.

For the price and results.... Extrude can't be beat for sure !

DDP is WAY more intense with there "quality control" than Extrude hone. Its the same process sure but the methods are a little different. I would investigate it a little if you decide to go that route...

So what is so WAY MORE INTENSE with there QC????

So what is so WAY MORE INTENSE with there QC????

What i know about this is... Extruded Hone does mass production on the tips. The QC may not be as good as it can be at a smaller shop that does them.

That really not be the case though with diesel injectors. You can bet there a lot less diesel tips being done than gas so the QC shouldn't be too bad. If you were talk to Jim at Extruded, he'd tell you the QC is very high. They're a very ig company and have built a reputation on something so, I really have no reason not to believe that.

What i know about this is... Extruded Hone does mass production on the tips. The QC may not be as good as it can be at a smaller shop that does them.

That really not be the case though with diesel injectors. You can bet there a lot less diesel tips being done than gas so the QC shouldn't be too bad. If you were talk to Jim at Extruded, he'd tell you the QC is very high. They're a very ig company and have built a reputation on something so, I really have no reason not to believe that.

Well that is exactly what i was thinking i could understand if you were making bulk for stock vehicles so you could purchase them at napa, but im sure if they were to build you a personal set Extrude hone would probably be just as good if not better than DDP's

My injectors where not done in mass production. I received the same tips I sent. I engraved them so I could insure I put them back on the bodies they came off. Jim called me when he was ready to do them just to make sure I was getting what I wanted. I am very pleased. The cost and turn around was awesome.

I am in no way saying anything about what DPP can or cant do just stating how Jim at Extrude Hone treated me. I have no doubt that DPP does fine work.

Had to post again to get the evil number off my post count.:hehe:

Yea im sure Extrude Hone doesnt just hire kids off the street to run there machines though.

Were putting a set of comd ddp in a buddies truck and sending the nozzles off to have them done and compare with a small set of ddp's. For the money they seem like a killer deal.

I installed mine today and im really pleased with them im running a 97 12v and i got mine done i think 55% well i told them 150hp and i did the 131dv and 181 holder at the same time but is a good amount of fuel they spool the silver bullet up pretty quick i have the star wheele tight and at about 20psi it hits and goes strait to 50psi and im running a 10 plate forward. No smoking at an ideal and drive around with out smoking(normal driving) i have a 180 pump and a 5speed transmission. Im very pleased

So if I was to want my injectors extrude honed by them would I send the entire injector or just the tips? If I sent them the entire thing could they have them all rebuilt?

Or if I bought some 5x.012" EDM's would it be a good idea to send them to EH and have them all flow matched?

So if I was to want my injectors extrude honed by them would I send the entire injector or just the tips? If I sent them the entire thing could they have them all rebuilt?

Or if I bought some 5x.012" EDM's would it be a good idea to send them to EH and have them all flow matched?

Best thing to do is give them a call, great people to work with and will help you tremendously

There seems to be lots of discussion between EDMing and Extrude hone,

well i have a set of 435 EDM from New Era (5x.014 IIRC) they are just too smokey for normal driving, they smoke bad on low (no) boost. I also live at over 6000' elevation,

went to canada for easter break. (elev 2100') everything is better there, spool up, less smoke, and mo pwr!

but i need something for this elevation! would these smoke less? what percentage of extrude honing should i choose?

You just send your tips and you get the same ones back. but give Jim Bower a call befor you send him just to let him know there on the way. I just had mine done for my cr to 60%, jim said when im ready he can do twice that. he is a fantastic person to deal with if he's not there he will call you right back ,verry smart man!

I"v been looking at some nozzles for my 03 should I go this route instead of nozzles?

nobody can tell me anything??

What do want to know ? Jim is a great guys to deal with at Extruded. Whether you go the Extruded tip route or not is up to you. There's nothing negative in this thread about them. Several big companies used them for a while to do their tips. I've had mine for almost a year now and haven't found them to be a problem and they've helped my truck make 700hp.

Having a older truck like you do though... I'd suggest sending the whole bodies out for a service and have who ever you send them two install your new tips from Extruded if those are what you get.