Extrude Honed injectors by Extrudehone?

Smoke at WOT doesnt bother me!

what really buggs me not to be able to leave any stop sign without smokin, even by just barely touching the pedal. would pop off pressure have to do with this?

i ran a set of buddha power shower head 24v sticks for a few weeks and it smoked at every light taking off like a freight train, and cruising on the highway at 70mph with 5psi there was a constant haze behind me. thats when i realized how much i appreciate clean injectors/smokeless power.

Well with my stock injectors and smarty tnt I can smoke anytime and any where... even with a small jump on the throttle at a stop light to accelerating smoking is almost a constant.... I am curious to see how these run.....:Cheer:

Quick question Im looking at getting these, but does getting this done do anything to prevent the injectors from cracking when a pressure box is added. I really like the price, but want to run some pressure and I know the later model 3rd gens. are notorious for cracking injectors when the pressure is turned up or should I stick w/ ddp or f1's?

Quick question Im looking at getting these, but does getting this done do anything to prevent the injectors from cracking when a pressure box is added. I really like the price, but want to run some pressure and I know the later model 3rd gens. are notorious for cracking injectors when the pressure is turned up or should I stick w/ ddp or f1's?

To answer your question, NO. Nothing is done to prevent the injectors from cracking. the only thing that is modified is the tip and needle which is all you will send out to them. And also as far as I know ddp injectors also do nothing for the body cracking problems. At the shop there is a 06 CTD that has DDP injectors and it cracks an injector about every month or so. In no way am I saying it is the DDP injectors that are failing it's just the truck. This truck has had this problem before the DDP's were installed. As far as F1's, I have no experience with them so I can't comment on those.

Also when having you inectors honed out, as long as everything stays the same, you rail pressure will lower. And high rail pressure is waht is causing them to crack. So directly the have no mods to keep them from cracking but in an indirect way the help them to not crack by lowering the rail pressure since more fuel is used per injection cycle, thus lower pressure is maintained in the rail. Hope this all makes sense.

But I do vouch for the extrude hone injectors, mine are doing great and I'd do it again without a second thought.

Do they just punch out the holes already there or can the add more like a 4 hole to a 6?

the holes are just enlarged....

BTW is there anyone new running these? an update...

Honing does make the tips stronger by rounding the the holes and not leaving a sharp edge. This comes strait from the horses mouth. Also the only tips that are made of harder material are the 305 flux nozzles.

Just put some in 45%, more power and smoke, but really cant say how much more more b/c I need a CP3 upgrade.

what percentages would 50 and 90 hp tips be?

from their site......

Cummins 5.9 ('05-'06)
45% Increased Flow Rate = 60-80 Horsepower Gain†

65% and above you're getting into some large tips. the 45% would be better for daily driving and less smoke

can they make a 4 hole into a 6 hole, or can they just enlarge the holes that are there.

can they make a 4 hole into a 6 hole, or can they just enlarge the holes that are there.

I don't believe they will make extra holes for you. They take what you have and make it bigger. I don't know when or if it changed but, the newer CR injectors have 5 holes. More holes doesn't necessarily mean more power though.

Just put some in 45%, more power and smoke, but really cant say how much more more b/c I need a CP3 upgrade.

yeah same with any type of injectors, i didnt gain any power going from flux2 to flux 4 and turbo upgrade at the same time. I need a GOOD CP3

RP doesnt go above 20k at WOT on kill

Anyone with a 12v using these? How do you like them? What % did you go with and how do you like it?

from their site......

Cummins 5.9 ('05-'06)
45% Increased Flow Rate = 60-80 Horsepower Gain†

65% and above you're getting into some large tips. the 45% would be better for daily driving and less smoke

Jim Bower the guy who runs the injector shop said 45% will be around 90-100hp

So with my 160hp injectors that have been sitting around since last July I'm looking to get a cleaner burn-more power than what my 370s are doing. I'm thinking of going 55-60% so around 100hp sticks would come from this?