F350 Conversion-progress finally!

I'll see what I can do, but it probably won't be fast. I have a lot on my plate this week.

Did you find anything?

The only thing I found was a little bit of trash in the fuel pickup's coarse filters. I should just invest in a fuel pressure gauge setup.

When you get a chance, would you mind posting pictures of your oil feed and return lines for both of your turbos?

I'll try. I promised some newer pictures of the truck, but haven't had a chance to get them. I changed the mirrors on it, so now it looks a little bit different.

Thats great! No rush, I'm planning on installing a second turbo and I'm unsure about connecting my secondary oil feed/return lines.

Yea ya caught me!!!:bow: You have no idea how much i have the laptop on the tailgate peeking at this post checking to see how you made things work.
Really appreciate the post thank again for all the detail in the post, probbably still be staring at it scratchin my head tryin to figure out what to do.
Did u make your alt bracket, and what was the alt off of?? thanks again jason:bow::clap:

No problem, Jason. Yes, I made the alternator bracket. The alternator is off of the 7.3L that was in the truck.

Newest pictures I have of the truck. It has the new mirrors installed.
DSC02844.jpg

DSC02843.jpg

Nick, I can't get the camera under the turbos to take the pictures of the return lines. They just come out blurry and distorted. What I did was form a line that started from the oil return flange on the S400, bend it to clear everything, and terminate it in the extra bung I welded into the pan. From the hx35, I did the same thing, but terminated it into the factory oil return. For feeds, I had braided steel lines made to go from the oil supply passages on top of the oil cooler, to the supply side of each turbo.

Great looking truck! Thanks for your effort. You gave me most of the information I was looking for though.

I was concerned about the return lines because I didn't figure the factory oil return tube could handle a second source of oil without restricting the flow, so this is why you added the second port.

Great looking truck! Thanks for your effort. You gave me most of the information I was looking for though.

I was concerned about the return lines because I didn't figure the factory oil return tube could handle a second source of oil without restricting the flow, so this is why you added the second port.

Thanks! Yes I added the second port for that reason. I too had thought about one port, but the guys on here strongly recommended a second port. The only problem with mine is that I should have added the port closer to where the pan levels off as it goes toward the front of the engine. Where it is now, it is really close to the exhaust downpipe.

looks good i hope to get back on mine when i get home i like the tow mirrors did u loose ur poor mans a/c? when u installed the mirrors?

you have the same idea i do, except you actually done it. how did you mount the dodge towing mirrors up, and your truck looks awesome by the way. Im gonna start a thread of my build in a couple of days.

Love this truck!

How did you support the low pressure turbo? I think that I would/should have done mine more like this setup... I certainly would be having less clearance issues!

:Cheer:

Nice ride, nice 2 lungers too.
Thanks, They actually the first two JD's that my granddad restored. We were taking them back home after the show.
looks good i hope to get back on mine when i get home i like the tow mirrors did u loose ur poor mans a/c? when u installed the mirrors?
Where I mounted the mirrors, I still have full function of the wing vents.
you have the same idea i do, except you actually done it. how did you mount the dodge towing mirrors up, and your truck looks awesome by the way. Im gonna start a thread of my build in a couple of days.
Thanks! I made up some base plates that matched the second gen base plates. I then welded them to the doors one spot weld at a time, to keep heat down, and keep as much paint in tact as possible. I then welded a spacer in between the inner and out skins to stiffen up the door. It was kind of an experiment to see how they looked and function. They seem to work great on this truck, and will go back and do some body and paint work at a later date to clean up the installation.
Love this truck!

How did you support the low pressure turbo? I think that I would/should have done mine more like this setup... I certainly would be having less clearance issues!

:Cheer:

Thanks! There is a support bracket that bolts on underneath that isn't really visible in the pictures. It bolts to the bottom of the S400 mount, and then bolts to the a/c / waterneck combination.

Thats sweet, Im waiting on swap parts for my obs. There will be atleast a couple of older fords with 5.9s running around Missouri then.

Ok, promise im almost done with the truck and the questions 2!!
Im sitting in the shop with the old man and we just cant seem to come up with any thing that will work worth a crap for belt routing, so here it is where did you find the tensioner and what is it for?? :bang

Ok, promise im almost done with the truck and the questions 2!!
Im sitting in the shop with the old man and we just cant seem to come up with any thing that will work worth a crap for belt routing, so here it is where did you find the tensioner and what is it for?? :bang
Are you ready for this......................................FORD POWERSTROKELOL I ordered it for a 2000 model truck.
Thats sweet, Im waiting on swap parts for my obs. There will be atleast a couple of older fords with 5.9s running around Missouri then.
Thanks, Do you have a thread for yours?
Truck looks great
Thanks!

The build looks awesome. I am currently doing this build on my 97 Ford F-350 and just bought a 94 12 valve with 0 miles on it. it was originally an automatic truck but i want to put a NV4500 in it. How well did the tranny mount up in the truck? and also what did you use for a transfer case?