fastest with just a tune??

as in one 9 second 6.4? thats impressive

you're right, i should sell it and get a 6.4 with just a tune on it right?

not too sure where you are going with that video...so do me a favor and ram your face into a brick wall till you throw yourself into a coma, and by the time you wake up i might have it figured out.

my point is that u can make simple mods and make 590+hp with a 6.4... Figured u wouldnt understand buddy.

I wonder how many of his posts are just on this one thread LOL

Hey man im not much of a computer geek but im figuring this stuff out.

idk but im gonna return my truck back to all stock and run just a tune

Or u could keep your truck like it is and run my 6.4.... hehe. and there is always my dmax if ya really wanna look stupid

I've been backing up and disproving slander against the 6.4 nothing more (which seems to be your fav thing to do) - not sure what battle you are fighting but I say we get back to what is left of the topic at hand.

i think my problem is i never saw a point to the topic at hand in the first place. Everyone knows that the 6.4 kicks the **** out of the other 2 when it comes to results after basic mods. But, im willing to bet 99% of the population that makes up this forum dont have "just a tune" on their truck/s. Take this thread to dieselplace and maybe it will stay on topic better.

i think my problem is i never saw a point to the topic at hand in the first place. Everyone knows that the 6.4 kicks the **** out of the other 2 when it comes to results after basic mods. But, im willing to bet 99% of the population that makes up this forum dont have "just a tune" on their truck/s. Take this thread to dieselplace and maybe it will stay on topic better.

You mad bro?

If you didnt see a point then you shouldnt of came in here running your mouth not knowing anything about a 6.4 - but its the interwebz and we can all say what we please.

my point is that u can make simple mods and make 590+hp with a 6.4... Figured u wouldnt understand buddy.

Or u could keep your truck like it is and run my 6.4.... hehe. and there is always my dmax if ya really wanna look stupid

everybody is aware they can make alot of hp with basic mods, but isnt the name of you thread "FASTEST with just a tune" so that 590hp 6.4 is still slower than 520hp in a cummins or dmax.

and i forgot you're the kid with the stroker dmax....yeah i'll race it. should be an easy win since it doesnt exist

Touché but I was just curious what people would post. And my 6.4 is my daily driver and runs pretty strong like it sits but I'm hoping to get it in the 11s this season of fuel. And yes the duramax is a bad *** motor and I figured If I said intake, exhaust, trans, lift pump and tune it would keep the 6.4 times and duramax times pretty close. Didn't really think there was gonna be all this arguing.

everybody is aware they can make alot of hp with basic mods, but isnt the name of you thread "FASTEST with just a tune" so that 590hp 6.4 is still slower than 520hp in a cummins or dmax.

and i forgot you're the kid with the stroker dmax....yeah i'll race it. should be an easy win since it doesnt exist

Give my an hour

there are stroker kits for the duraturds.....

and 6.4boy its not a bad thing this thread has kept me entertained

Touché but I was just curious what people would post. And my 6.4 is my daily driver and runs pretty strong like it sits but I'm hoping to get it in the 11s this season of fuel. And yes the duramax is a bad *** motor and I figured If I said intake, exhaust, trans, lift pump and tune it would keep the 6.4 times and duramax times pretty close. Didn't really think there was gonna be all this arguing.

So...you started a thread about which truck was better on a large multi-brand forum filled almost exclusively with a**holes (myself included) and didn't expect there to be any arguing?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What's in question is if 6.4boy had a strokes dmax or not

ahhhhhhhh ok yeah they are a bit pricy to say the least and I doubt any one who owns one would have a little more proof than a miss-spelled truck name and a 427 sticker. :stab:

My thoughts exactly. But hey if he does actually have one I'd like to hear how the build went and some details on what he's doing for fuel and air. And who tunes it

ahhhhhhhh ok yeah they are a bit pricy to say the least and I doubt any one who owns one would have a little more proof than a miss-spelled truck name and a 427 sticker. :stab:

Lmao so what do you guys expect me to do? Pull the rods and crank out of the motor and take pics?

How about a video of it running, today, with you in it holding today's paper?
Back that up with and track videos you may have.

My thoughts exactly. But hey if he does actually have one I'd like to hear how the build went and some details on what he's doing for fuel and air. And who tunes it

K here ya go. Sent the truck up to merchants automotive to get built the first go around. He used a s366 and a gt4518 for the first setup (not enough air) Socal heads, stroker kit, cam (which I has a pic of lol), duel built cp3s but one was a lb7 cp3 and the other was a lbz cp3( these 2 pumps will not work correctly together because they have diferent strokes) sparco intercooler, suncoast Allison, and the truck was sitting on a 6" lift turned down to a 3" lift so it was easier to launch, and it was sitting on 35s and it only ran a 11.4 like this with only 48psi..... Anyway the truck spun a rod bearing so I pulled the motor and rebuilt it myself, decided to to run 2 built lbz pumps, and a gt4205r and a gt55 which is the setup Idaho rob though I should run because no texting has been done with the gt60. And I also took the lift off and put some drag radials all the way around. I also stripped the bed out and put a liner in it so u can't even tell and put a fuel cell under the liner and put another trans cooler and a fuel cooler in the bed. I also ditched the Allison and im running a Suncoast duraflight which has been a great trans so far thanks to suncoast. It ran a 6.7* it's 3rd time down the track and Tony Martinez has done most of the tunes. My brother has also done a little tuning but when it ran a 6.7 it was the old running we were running with the old setup so it has alot more left in her and that was on fuel. We are gonna do some more tuning this season and see if we can get her in the low 6s with some slicks and then there is always *nx* but don't put down my grammar I type this whole thing on my iPhone lol

How about a video of it running, today, with you in it holding today's paper?
Back that up with and track videos you may have.

Or better how about I make a sticker that say 6.4boy and slap it on the hood lmao

Lmao so what do you guys expect me to do? Pull the rods and crank out of the motor and take pics?

If you don't mind...or some receipts from when you purchased the stroker kit. OR, some pictures of the build in progress. Also, what made you decide to put a stroker kit in? I havent seen enough benefits from any stroked dmax to offset the costs.

So YOU basically did nothing but drop the truck off to someone and hand them a wad of cash. And FYI you can run an lb7 pump with a LBZ pump....

If you don't mind...or some receipts from when you purchased the stroker kit. OR, some pictures of the build in progress. Also, what made you decide to put a stroker kit in? I havent seen enough benefits from any stroked dmax to offset the costs.

Trying something diferent and trust me if I could go back it would be a 6.6. Not alot of people have messed with the 7.1 so tuning is the problem. I'll be home in a bit. I'll get some pics but here is a quick video of the motor and truck.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roeXhEKGoDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roeXhEKGoDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

So YOU basically did nothing but drop the truck off to someone and hand them a wad of cash. And FYI you can run an lb7 pump with a LBZ pump....

They have a diferent stroke so it's hard for tuning. Trust me buddy I know and yea I did do the to begin with because I didn't have time to do it myself but then I had to go back and rebuild the hole truck myself because I wasn't about to pay them to do it again and it honestly seemed to me like they didn't know what the **** they were doing.