fastest with just a tune??

now all these have built trans, lift pump and more then likely a couple of them have intake elbows and boost foolers or waste gates sooo lets see what some 6.4s will run with a trans, intake elbow, intercooler pipe. Im thinkin they will give these duramaxs for a run. 12.1s will be tough though lol ive seen 08stroker run 12.37 with my own eyes. i belive he was running spartan 310, suncoast, ported fuel rails, intercooler pipe, egr delete, elbow and cfm.

Intake elbows? Boost foolers? Wastegates? Really....

now all these have built trans, lift pump and more then likely a couple of them have intake elbows and boost foolers or waste gates sooo lets see what some 6.4s will run with a trans, intake elbow, intercooler pipe. Im thinkin they will give these duramaxs for a run. 12.1s will be tough though lol ive seen 08stroker run 12.37 with my own eyes. i belive he was running spartan 310, suncoast, ported fuel rails, intercooler pipe, egr delete, elbow and cfm.

My old LB7 was on that list until very recently. You should have seen the numbers I put up after I added the intake elbow. I was stuck in the mid 14's for what seemed like forever until I found the Extreme Engine Tech forum on this site. I did a lot of careful research on what intake elbow to buy (didn't want to blow the motor), but after I got it bolted up...BAM! Mid 12's like a boss.

Side note: I did add EFILive, a FASS pump, and a Suncoast trans at the same as the elbow. Not sure exactly how much they helped...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I believe that the whole point of this has been muddied.... the point is, that exactly apple to apple a 6.4 equipped truck is going to be pretty close to a second faster in the 1/4 mile (stock)

Stock means,,- as it came off the showroom floor,, just plug in a off the shelf programmer such as a dashpaq and go.... no intake, no exhaust no nothing.

A built tranny is by itself probably worth a half second or more,, intake can be a tenth or more, exhaust the same,,,,

I am saying, and stand by, a duramax lbz cc/sb with 373 gears,, will not break into the 13's. And the same thing in a ford, with a 6.4 (which by the way weighs about 800lbs more) could possibly hit the 12's (for sure low low 13's as in 13.0x)

You can put up all the duramaxs you want that go in the 12's etc... they all have a built tranny for sure (even with a guru tuning them they will not handle much over 500 hp) they will have a after market exhaust, they will have a aftermarket intake they will have a lift pump etc. And they will have the front end either sleeved, dropped to the ground, or......

Dont read this as I am a duramax hater. But really more of a person who is just calling it as it is.

I believe that the whole point of this has been muddied.... the point is, that exactly apple to apple a 6.4 equipped truck is going to be pretty close to a second faster in the 1/4 mile (stock)

Stock means,,- as it came off the showroom floor,, just plug in a off the shelf programmer such as a dashpaq and go.... no intake, no exhaust no nothing.

A built tranny is by itself probably worth a half second or more,, intake can be a tenth or more, exhaust the same,,,,

I am saying, and stand by, a duramax lbz cc/sb with 373 gears,, will not break into the 13's. And the same thing in a ford, with a 6.4 (which by the way weighs about 800lbs more) could possibly hit the 12's (for sure low low 13's as in 13.0x)

You can put up all the duramaxs you want that go in the 12's etc... they all have a built tranny for sure (even with a guru tuning them they will not handle much over 500 hp) they will have a after market exhaust, they will have a aftermarket intake they will have a lift pump etc. And they will have the front end either sleeved, dropped to the ground, or......

Dont read this as I am a duramax hater. But really more of a person who is just calling it as it is.

Actually stock means right off the showroom floor. And we all know which brand is faster right off the showroom floor. *bdh*

What's the biggest tune you can run on a 6.4 with the DPF intact? I'd put a LBZ with a 160 Efi tune on it up against a 6.4 with a tune only anyday of the week.

When started this I thread I said with a tune and then in the description I said the basics tune, lift pump, trans, intake, exhaust. Y'all know what I mean? The basics, but just stock turbo, cp3 and injectors and motor. If u have and intake elbow or boost foolers or little stuff like that then that's not gonna make just a huge diference. Just post ur times and mods and chill out on all the opinions.

Ur comparing a dpf truck to a non dpf truck?

No, he's comparing two trucks with stock exhaust. One just happens to have a DPF, and one doesn't.

Same as comparing the stock chargers on the same trucks. The 6.4 has compounds from the factory that can move a lot of air, the Dmax just has one VGT.

No doubt you have to mod an Allsion tranny or you will limp it very quick.

No, he's comparing two trucks with stock exhaust. One just happens to have a DPF, and one doesn't.

Same as comparing the stock chargers on the same trucks. The 6.4 has compounds from the factory that can move a lot of air, the Dmax just has one VGT.

Guess u make a good point there but I believe I'ma start a new thread and close this one. Stock turbo, injections pump, injectors, motor, on fuel what's ur fastest times at the track

You seem to be TRYING to get a specific truck to be quickest reading your posts. If you want the 6.4 to have the quickest times then you need to say stock everything (including transmission) except tuner, exhaust, and intake (the 3 basic mods).

When you keep changing up saying you can have one thing then not others after saying everything should be stock, well, you're gonna get these kinda responses.

And don't start another thread about it 'cause I'll just delete it if you do. Don't need multiple threads asking the same stuff different ways. Just ask SPECIFICALLY what you want to know in this thread and it will come back on track (possibly).

But calling people a-holes on here (whether it's true or not) will get you nowhere fast.

Last edited:
380034_257640037623293_223751871012110_697323_1410768038_n.jpg

^ might help you a bit around here. Good luck...

You seem to be TRYING to get a specific truck to be quickest reading your posts. If you want the 6.4 to have the quickest times then you need to say stock everything (including transmission) except tuner, exhaust, and intake (the 3 basic mods).

When you keep changing up saying you can have one thing then not others after saying everything should be stock, well, you're gonna get these kinda responses.

And don't start another thread about it 'cause I'll just delete it if you do. Don't need multiple threads asking the same stuff different ways. Just ask SPECIFICALLY what you want to know in this thread and it will come back on track (possibly).

But calling people a-holes on here (whether it's true or not) will get you nowhere fast.

I did that because people have muddied this one up so much. I could care less who has the fastest truck? i believe ive said that? i have a 10sec lb7 duramax and a daily driven 6.4 powerstroke. Im not a Chevy fan or ford fan, im a diesel fan. im honestly about positive the duramax will be the fastest just figured i would start a new thread for simplicity. But do what ya gotta do buddy.